Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Eurobowl 2005 Teams

Post by OBLIVIUS »

Hi everybody !
After a sad long period of health problems I'm finally back to bloodbowl..
Is it possible to have any anticipation about the National Team players ?
I know it's impossible to know something about the race that will be played until the rules will see the light..
A special wrap to my international friends ( Florian, Olaf.. ).
I hope I'm not facing Flix again at Eurobowl...

Reason: ''
They Believed in Nothing..
Now They Are Nothing
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

We hope we don't see you there.

Next time I win !!!
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

I haven't laughed so loud for a long time! :lol:

Team England is sorted
Team France is sorted
Team Holland is sorted

Team Germany has completely arsed it up and their best players who didn't "qualify" are already freebooted to other nations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Team Italy had been sorted at least 1 month and half ago... and Oblivius (Darksteve on NAF forum) will be our #5.

This the Italian layout:

#1 - Giulio "docGneri" Neri
#2 - Giuseppe "Beppe"Viti
#3 - Pietro "Yena" Persico
#4 - Paolo "Dirold" Della Casa
#5 - Stefano "Darksteve" Flores
#6 - Luca "Panico" Panicucci
#7 - Marco "Tosto" Fabbri
#8 - Gianluca "Farina" Lazzeri

Not playing captain - #62 - Fulvio "Aramil" Cavicchi 8)

@ Louis: belive me, my friend, Steve is not as bad as you think! :)
He made that unsportive call last year becouse he's used to do it in is league, where it's common to do that...
I've already explained him that this year he have to avoid doing that again :wink:

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

I like you Aramil but I can't say the same for some people who will be there. If I have to play them, I will tell them frankly.

It's incerdible the way it goes. Soon, we'll have to organize a 2nd Eurobowl to keep it cool and fun as it should be.

Next time I win !!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Believe Spain and Austria are also sorted

Scotland will be there in some form or another as well.

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Well team Denmark is sorted and ready to play:
1 = Topper
2 = Anton
3 = Steffen
4 = Rolf
5 = Trolle
6 = Mads Muff
7 = Uffe
8 = Jimi
Apo = Alex

I_Dauguet
What have he done that is so terrible?
I think it seems like you´re the grudgebearer here?
If it´s about him calling some kind of an illegal action or something like that.
The rules are very clear about that.
I know several coaches from my group who would call an illegal procedure as well.

OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

Of course you're right, Topper!
I don't know that unpleasant man..
If the matter was about asking to respect rules, what's wrong with that ?
A clear rulebook is one of the reasons that make Bloodbowl a good game..
But probably if I don't really remember anything about this guy, there must be a reason for that.. that obviously he has nothing to be remembered for, good or bad....
Of course bloodbowl remains a game, a game with rules that everyone should know and follow, most of all in an International Tournament.

Now They Are Nothing
OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

The only thing that's incredible is that you dare to discuss about that !
What's so difficult to understand for you ?
There is a rulebook that says ( and can be no mistake about that ) that you HAVE to declare actions.
Moreover I really don't remember that episode, so if you could be just a bit polite than a Neanderthal you could tell me what was the problem and who was my opponent, cause I played against Sladmortis and Arkhadzar and I remember that matches well..
You should probably read the rulebook a bit before talking about behaviour..
l_dauguet wrote:I like you Aramil but I can't say the same for some people who will be there. If I have to play them, I will tell them frankly.

It's incerdible the way it goes. Soon, we'll have to organize a 2nd Eurobowl to keep it cool and fun as it should be.

Now They Are Nothing
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Sounds like it'll be an amicable event. Gutted i can't make it...

Kidding, actually wish i could go but looking unlikely. Great to see the England boys win it again :D

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

OBLIVIUS wrote:
But probably if I don't really remember anything about this guy, there must be a reason for that.. that obviously he has nothing to be remembered for, good or bad....
Of course bloodbowl remains a game, a game with rules that everyone should know and follow, most of all in an International Tournament.

There is a rulebook that says ( and can be no mistake about that ) that you HAVE to declare actions.
Moreover I really don't remember that episode, so if you could be just a bit polite than a Neanderthal you could tell me what was the problem and who was my opponent, cause I played against Sladmortis and Arkhadzar and I remember that matches well..
You should probably read the rulebook a bit before talking about behaviour...
How to behave in a Blood Bowl tournament is not defined by the rulebook alone. There is an accepted code of behaviour practiced amongst the international community, something relative newcomers should look and learn about.
l_dauguet is a well known and respected member of the community, having played in at least 14 tournaments outside of his native France (including as far afield as Florida USA). You on the other hand have been to 2 NAF sanctioned tournaments outside Italy, both in Germany, last year's Eurobowl and The Dead Drunk Berlin 04, yet you choose to talk about behaviour and how important the rulebook is in international tournaments?

When you go out into the wider international community, you fall in with the accepted and practiced standard of conducting yourself in an international Blood Bowl tournament, you don't try and impose your insular and local codes of behaviour on those much more widely travelled and experienced in these things than you are. The kind of arrogance that can just dismiss all that and hide behind 'the letter of the law' in the rulebook really makes me speechless.

I'm sick of this. The Eurobowl has been afforded 'special status' to recieve NAF sanctioning. Maybe without sanctioning it'll return to what it was first concieved as:
"...the whole point of Eurobowl was about mates getting together for a friendly piss-up with a bit of regional rivalry thrown in for good measure.. "

We get many complaints and queries from our general membership about the sanctioning and special status afforded to the Eurobowl as it is without witnessing this kind of public bickering and bad feeling.

This will be the last Eurobowl to recieve NAF sanctioning (at least during my term as President ). I will be there in person this weekend if any team captains or members which to discuss it.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

Ok, I understand what you're saying.
But I'm sure taht you'll understand that're not talking about calling an illegal procedure for turn marker o something like that ( I've never done a thing like that ), but it has been mentioned a matter of not declaring an action and a dodge result just got.. although I have to say again I still don't rememner that episode and I'm not sure he's talking about me..
I usually don't judge people and the meter I use to classify people as repsectable or not is still not going to be the number of international tournament he has played in the past.
So do you think that someone who played a lot of tournaments in the past gains the right to offend as he likes ?
Is this the code of honour you're talking about ?
I hope not.
Yes, I played only a few international tournaments cause I have problems with my job to get time to travel, but that tournaments were not so bad and I don't think there's any kind of learnings..
And most of all: why did that guy not tell me anything at the time ?
I'm surprised of this kiddy behaviour and of this kind of "Mafia" that you're trying to support: I don't know that French guy and I don't care about his past tournaments, he could be a respectable one but this time he didn't show a behaviour that a man with an international code of honour should have.
Greetings
Deathwing wrote:
OBLIVIUS wrote:

You should probably read the rulebook a bit before talking about behaviour...
How to behave in a Blood Bowl tournament is not defined by the rulebook alone. There is an accepted code of behaviour practiced amongst the international community, something relative newcomers should look and learn about.
l_dauguet is a well known and respected member of the community, having played in at least 14 tournaments outside of his native France (including as far afield as Florida USA). You on the other hand have been to 2 NAF sanctioned tournaments outside Italy, both in Germany, last year's Eurobowl and The Dead Drunk Berlin 04, yet you choose to talk about behaviour and how important the rulebook is in international tournaments?

When you go out into the wider international community, you fall in with the accepted and practiced standard of conducting yourself in an international Blood Bowl tournament, you don't try and impose your insular and local codes of behaviour on those much more widely travelled and experienced in these things than you are. The kind of arrogance that can just dismiss all that and hide behind 'the letter of the law' in the rulebook really makes me speechless.

I'm sick of this. The Eurobowl has been afforded 'special status' to recieve NAF sanctioning. Maybe without sanctioning it'll return to what it was first concieved as:
"...the whole point of Eurobowl was about mates getting together for a friendly piss-up with a bit of regional rivalry thrown in for good measure.. "

We get many complaints and queries from our general membership about the sanctioning and special status afforded to the Eurobowl as it is without witnessing this kind of public bickering and bad feeling.

This will be the last Eurobowl to recieve NAF sanctioning (at least during my term as President ). I will be there in person this weekend if any team captains or members which to discuss it.

Now They Are Nothing
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

OBLIVIUS wrote:...and of this kind of "Mafia" that you're trying to support ...

How to alienate yourself from an entire community, step one. Nice one. Well done. Take care. Bye now.

OBLIVIUS
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OBLIVIUS »

Thanks, I understand your warning.. as I'm sure you understand why I can't accept to give someone the reason only for I'm a newbie on this forum.
Respect is a thing that doesn't follow stats or standings, isn't it ?
Sorry for my bad attitude to diplomacy, but it seems that no one is looking at the way I've been accused, and I'm still waiting to know if I was the man he's talking about..
This flame is getting boring, but it wasn't me to throw the rock, remember..
Gumboo wrote:
OBLIVIUS wrote:...and of this kind of "Mafia" that you're trying to support ...

How to alienate yourself from an entire community, step one. Nice one. Well done. Take care. Bye now.

Now They Are Nothing
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

OBLIVIUS wrote:But probably if I don't really remember anything about this guy, there must be a reason for that.. that obviously he has nothing to be remembered for, good or bad....
The point is, if you play any of the top-class coaches on the tournament scene, and the situation arises where you fail to declare an action that was obvious (e.g. you've moved every one but the guy with the ball, you've set up a cage formation and its obvious you intend to hand it off to the guy in the middle, but dont declare it first; they will allow you to continue with the hand off), then they will allow for that mistake. For a coach to openly seek to win on a technicality is not only poor sportsmanship but shows a reduced ability, so how you have the nerve to try and make a judgement on the guys reputation in tournaments, given your pretty unheard of status shows a huge arrogance. Hey im only 3 tournaments old and i know how to give opponents benefit of the doubt, why can't you like everybody else does?

Loved you in Twins, Romancing The Stone and Batman Returns (some of many) by the way, you're one of my favourite actors.