Brassbowl 2005

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Totti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Totti »

Great Tourney (as always). Congrats Jort !

@Evil Git the 3 words we were learning you in the Pelikaan were snotneus, patatski and indendraad. But with al the beer and the flaming sambucas these are hard to remember :wink:

Reason: ''
The Rafmeister is back!

The Return of the Rafmeister!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Great tournament once again (maybe because there were no French? :wink: ). England, Holland and hosting Belgium battling for victory in a good place with two great bartenders: Vigfus and Jurgen.

Best moment of the tournament. Ramsy telling me that the best moment of his game against me was me throwing Double Skulls with my Troll! :lol: I told you Mighty Blow is better than guard! Next time yóu'd better listen! :lol:

I've never seen my name up the ranking that high ever in my life! :o

Thanks to all my opponents for fun games. The second, third and fourth looked a bit the same with hardly any opponents left on the pitch. With skaven you'd expect that (thanks for taking 8 CAS Menno! :lol: ), but both other opponents fielded Orcs! :P

I'm very pleased with a 3/1/1 record and being able to compete for 2nd place after having lost against Seb. So I need a revenge there!

Thanks Ramsay for driving us safe to and from the venue! Thanks Marco for not silencing you mobile phone that promptly went of at a unholy time in the morning! :evil:

See you all next year when I hope there will be less orc teams. They could have called this tournament Orc Bowl! :-?

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

They should rename to "Bashbowl" ;)

Great tournament, I had a lot of fun, although it was dissappointing to follow a 3-0 start on Saturday with a 0-2 on Sunday.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

furocious_fleabag wrote: By the way that waitress in the artiest (I believe it was called) around the corner of the hostel was HOT :lol:
Indendraad! :lol:
TurnRedVenom & Gumbo... foul action...(you need help, its an obsession )
...must...foul..every...turn... :lol:

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
miloquaser
Rookie
Rookie

Post by miloquaser »

once more a great weekend in Oostende,

fielded orcs for the first time, because of some ongoing disput between the players and the coach of the A'hof Bulls, and it didn't go to bad at all!
3/1/1 record, i'm especialy proud of my 4 starplayer goblins.

And my prediction of the winner was accurate!
Congrats to Jort!

Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Yeah really enjoyed this one. Images of Woody with his sambuca-soaked hand in a ball of blue flame (reminiscient of Ryu from Street Fighter 2). Basil and the ominous vein on his forehead popping as he saw his bar's clientelle quadruple to a whopping 20. Cherry flavoured beer! Head banging to Smells like Teen Spirit on the journey home (wtf) and the belgian waffles. Nice one fellahs!

P.S. Dare i ask when the rankings might go up?

Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

Totti wrote:Great Tourney (as always). Congrats Jort !

@Evil Git the 3 words we were learning you in the Pelikaan were snotneus, patatski and indendraad. But with al the beer and the flaming sambucas these are hard to remember :wink:
patatski, supercool

cheers for all the memories. it's been a great weekend all round. my compliments to the chef of both der artist, and the chicken shack. man these belgians can cook.

a big thanks go to, in no particular order, ian for the jim beam "nightcap" that lasted 2 hours and a full bottle of jim beam on the thursday night, all the fellas that i had the fortune of drinking with like paul, woody (it's your fault about the sambucca's) all the belgians and dutch but most of all to the organisers. driesfield for sorting out the hostel for some stupid englishman and christophe for being a top bloke. by the way was it sam that mostly did the bar. cheers for that as well.

but most of all thanks to the belgians for making beer with no hangover in the morning, although you do feel very slow when you've had a bucketload like we did. indendraad

i had 5 great games that were different in everyway. some good, some bad but all great. patatski!

oh and i didn't meet any snotneus when i was there which is even better.

i've bound to forget something, so sorry. but thanks anyway :wink:

oh yeah my record though... i've got one word for that. rubbish. :lol:

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

What a great weekend. BB was great so thanks to the organisers.

Ostend is great value. The food is fantastic, the people were great and the beer is the best (anywhere between 6 and 10% and I can drink 15 of them in one night and NOT be hung-over – it’s perfect!). A particular highlight for me, though, was getting to know some new buddies. We had a great time on Friday, a terrific time on Saturday and although none of us had had more than 4 hours sleep for days, had an even better time in a small bar until nearly 3 on Monday morning…. I'll be smiling about some of our in-jokes for about three months, I reckon.......

Next year – foreign tourney definites? – Brassbowl. Number one.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Heya guys, thanks for all the praise, we had loads of fun too, serving you all drinks :P

A question for the English players, does anyone know if Malcolm Hood has a NAF nick/nr? And if so, which one is it?

So yes, I'm busy entering the results now, but need one more NAF nr.

cheers

Sam

Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Malcom? Dont remember a malcom but maybe i'd only recognise his nick name.

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

If you're looking for Malcolm's NAF name number etc. Check the Dutch NAF rankings for Orcs. He lives in Amsterdam, and I think his NAF name is Voodoo

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

I think his shirt said Voodoo?

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Well, colour me blind, but I can't find him in any rankings :(

And "Voodoo" isn't recognized by the NAF website...

anyone?

S

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I doubt Malc renewed his membership (he only joined because Lucy bullied him into it), so I guess he is no longer a NAF member.. his name was Voodoo though...

anyway, the weekend was so good I actually had to take Monday off work to recover... :x some great games against some great opponents and an alleged match vs Draco as well.. :oops: :lol:

besides, it was good to be confronted by 3 people for being too confrontational... :lol: :roll:

shame some people will never get another T5 invite now... :P :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Results have been reported on the NAF site!!

Keep in mind there were a number of non (or new) NAF members present, when you check your results in the hopefully-not-so-distant future.

cheers

Sam