Brassbowl 2005

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Geggster, you're right, he did sign up. However, I'm not sure how to add newly-signed up coaches to this match report interface.

If someone can tell me how to do that, I'll gladly correct that.

cheers

Sam

Reason: ''
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Wow!!!!!!!!

What a great weekend. Big thanks to everyone for a such an amazing time. It was great to make new friends and meet up with old ones. Thanks to the Belgium guys and especially the Euro Hero Chistoph for all his taxi rides in his (silver/red car). 5 great games, against 5 great guys!

Quick snippets that stand out:

Bizzare card game involving Lighthouses.

Gegsters Falic sausage he was served for lunch on Saturday

The Brits setting the pub on fire

Watching Whinnie the Pooh in Flemish??????

Being NEVER invited back to Dunkirk port ever again.

Hope to see everyone at the Dutch Open. The Stick and Bunnygirl will be there most defiantly.

If I don’t see you before, see you at the Brass Bowl next year for sure!!!!!!

Word to Your Mother.
Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Hello Everyone,

In case you were wondering, we (the organizers) also had great fun. It's been great getting to know more of you.

Special mentions have to go to everyone who chipped in to help out Tom who lost his wallet, but that's everyone.

I'll have to see if next year I cannot get a room in the youth hostel, it would allow me to have a couple (couple??) more drinks.

Congrats to Yort, and everyone else, as for us, it is the players that really make the tournament fun.

I was hoping to see some of you guys next year at the dutch open, but I'm affraid I won't be able to make it as the club is organizing a magic tourney at that day (the dates for this are preset, so we cannot change it). I'll try to make another tourney though this year, maybe Bubble or possibly one of the Brittish ones (Carnage?).

Anyway, thanks for all the kudo's and catch you guys next year, or I hope before that. That definately goes for all those Dutch guys we'll be whooping at Borderbowl next year. This year, no bribing the ref.

With friendly regards,

Christof

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Ok, I've put the bogus 2.00 round into round 3 where it should be, the new guys are in the database and we'll get those results entered shortly and all should be well. :)

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Thanks Deathwing, I'll enter the results for matches with the new guys now.

EDIT: all done!

cheers

Sam

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Vigfus wrote: I was hoping to see some of you guys next year at the dutch open, but I'm affraid I won't be able to make it as the club is organizing a magic tourney at that day (the dates for this are preset, so we cannot change it). I'll try to make another tourney though this year, maybe Bubble or possibly one of the Brittish ones (Carnage?).
check out this thread:
http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/vie ... hp?t=18116
:wink:

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Gumboo wrote:Yep my NAF ranking dropped 7 points, despite 3 NAF wins and a loss. Interesting....
Just updated the rankings now the new members results are in, (and now that the rounds are correct) you actually gained 10.56. Better? :P :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Um. yep. *hops out of his pram to retrieve his toys*

lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

I´d like to echo many of the above sentiments too. Great tournament again, even if I didn´t play too well. And the usual warm welcome! At least some of the other English now know why I say belgian beer is evil :wink:

And apologies for ducking out early both on Saturday night and Sunday; but in the end my journey took 33.5 hours so I needed to!

Cheers all

Richard