How many Majors have you attended so far?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

How many Majors have you attended so far?

none
42%
one
25%
two
27%
three
4%
all four
2%

Total votes: 52

Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Nazgit wrote:
Mordredd wrote:I thought that was a stupid rumour that turned out to be, shock horror, wrong. I'm sure they were £40 like previous years.
I thought it was £45. I rounded up to "50 quid" for effect. :wink:
I've just done a quick search and only found references to £40 so far. Searching for "45" in the BB tournament section yields no results.

Reason: ''
Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

it was 40.

Iirc, 50 was a rumour started by a TBB member which immediately spread without anyone actually bothering to check whether it was true or not!! :lol: :lol:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Just all 3 Blood Bowls to date. I don't really have a problem with the (yes it was! :) ) £40 price tag, Spiky and Carnage this year were £25, and there's no way I'd miss the BB for the sake of a £15 difference. (Carnage was about the same if you factor in a coupla meals at the venue, admittedly that's hyper expensive London though). You do get to play in a really sumptous surrounding, there's been something new to grab in the shop (if you're so inclined) the last coupla years, a seminar, free internet access etc.
There's just something about being at the world's biggest tourney, the social aspect of it is superb and unique in that there's so many people there. I wouldn't miss it.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

BB04 - but only as a ref - does that count?

Hope to do more from now on though

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

mrbrownesquire wrote:BB04 - but only as a ref - does that count?
I thought you got free entry for the following year if you were a ref? Did Indigo get something along that line, or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick? :)

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Nazgit wrote:
I thought you got free entry for the following year if you were a ref? Did Indigo get something along that line, or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick? :)
I was working for GW back then so got paid as part of the events team.

Indigo was head ref in 04 so he might know about the free ticket thing.

lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

hoomin_erra wrote:it was 40.

Iirc, 50 was a rumour started by a TBB member which immediately spread without anyone actually bothering to check whether it was true or not!! :lol: :lol:
Move along: nothing to see here.

(whistles innocently......)

To be fair, they'd put the costs up of their other GT events and I sort of made an assumption. By the time I'd found out I was wrong I'd committed to a Puerto Rico tournament instead! I'm sure I'd have won it if not for that :wink:

hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Deathwing wrote: There's just something about being at the world's biggest tourney, the social aspect of it is superb and unique in that there's so many people there. I wouldn't miss it.
And Rock City!! 8)

[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Nazgit wrote:
It is my understanding that Indigo did indeed get a free ticket for being head ref.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

So it's between me and Gken :D

Technically he has the advantage since the Dungeonbowl is earlier than the Spike!Magazine...unless I hop in the plane this weekend and fly over to Toronto....nah...it's not gonna happen

I know the language barrier might be a problem, but the more non-Germans are around the more English is spoken. And I don't think that the Dutch and English fellows had their fun reduced because of that....

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
hoomin_erra

Post by hoomin_erra »

Tojurub wrote:So it's between me and Gken :D

Technically he has the advantage since the Dungeonbowl is earlier than the Spike!Magazine...unless I hop in the plane this weekend and fly over to Toronto....nah...it's not gonna happen

I know the language barrier might be a problem, but the more non-Germans are around the more English is spoken. And I don't think that the Dutch and English fellows had their fun reduced because of that....
Except for that stupid bloody quiz!!!!

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

hoomin_erra wrote:
Tojurub wrote:So it's between me and Gken :D

Except for that stupid bloody quiz!!!!

what quiz???? I have no idea what you're talking about....did you drink too much? :wink:

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Only the 2, BB 03 and 04. asn't bothered about missing the BB his year, at least until the Saturday morning of the tourney (especially seeing as I had the money to attend after all :roll: ).

Chaos Cup and the Spike are both on my "wish list", and I guess if I'm honest, I'd like to make a complete set sometime in my life. ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I've hit all 3 BB and the Spike! last year.

I have also placed in the top 4 of both of those as well.

Considered the Chaos Cup this year but Eurobowl, free trip to miami and getting time off work wasn't going to happen this year.

Of course Ken managed to fluke winning one of them, i'll have to see if I can match that. Still think I should have won the Spike!, damn kick off table!

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Only went to BB04, thinking of going back for the next one, we shall see. :wink:

GO STAMPEDERS!