EUROBOWL 3 RESULTS

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Indigo wrote
"IMO the people who need to organise qualifiers are taking it far too seriously and are being over competitive for the sake of being over competitive. They aren't doing it for NAF points"
I certainly disagree (not on the NAF).
We Danes consider making qualifiers, why?
Because there´s about 20 guys who are interested in going and why should we go every time just because we were the first to say "yes, I´d like to go" the first year???
I think that it´s the only fair way to decide.

And the fact that it might not be NAF sanctioned next year, because it´s too competitive, is about the weirdest I have ever read.
All NAF will ever do to a tournament is to make it even more competitive.

I strongly believe Eurobowl should be NAF, many other NAF tournaments have lesser attendants, and are still NAF.
That way they aren´t completely open either, if there´s a max. number of attendants.

Just my thoughts anyway :)

Reason: ''
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

topper

the way i see it is that the eurobowl shouldn't be naf sanctioned. now while most tournaments that say they are open have max attendances and such things making them not entirely open (say if too many people applied for instance) they're at least open to anyone who wants to take part. the eurobowl can never be like that due to the restrictions on number of players allowed on the team and nationality.

just my thoughts though

http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Well it is mostly open to any European who wants to take part, and I don't think that excluding non-Europeans is enough to mean it shouldn't be NAF ranked. I guess the difficulty comes with how each country's captain chooses the coaches for the team. The England team was a closed shop this year but most of the others were at least theoretically open, either through qualifying tournaments or by volunteering to the team captain.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Topper wrote:Because there´s about 20 guys who are interested in going and why should we go every time just because we were the first to say "yes, I´d like to go" the first year???
Out of curiosity why are the countries limited to one team each? It's not exactly unheard of for countries that are strong in a particular sport to enter more than once in an event. It would largely remove the need for qualifying tourneys and could potentially boost the Eurobowl to a size that rivals the BB.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I still refuse to accept that it is NAF ranking that makes it competitive. Look at EB 1. Not NAF, still competitive with a friendly spirit. EB2 - was NAF, still competitive in the right spirit. And the same applies for EB3.

The competitive nature is derived from national pride and rivallry, NOT NAF points.

Topper - PM sent about how the Danish team is picked, that's not really on topic here :)

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

Mordredd wrote:
Topper wrote:Because there´s about 20 guys who are interested in going and why should we go every time just because we were the first to say "yes, I´d like to go" the first year???
Out of curiosity why are the countries limited to one team each? It's not exactly unheard of for countries that are strong in a particular sport to enter more than once in an event. It would largely remove the need for qualifying tourneys and could potentially boost the Eurobowl to a size that rivals the BB.
I'd like to see that happen with football... 4 Brazilian squads, 3 Dutch squads, 2 Italians and half an English squad ;)

Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Indigo wrote:I still refuse to accept that it is NAF ranking that makes it competitive. Look at EB 1. Not NAF, still competitive with a friendly spirit. EB2 - was NAF, still competitive in the right spirit. And the same applies for EB3.
Eurobowl 1 was NAF, competitive and friendly like EB2 and EB3

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

My mistake :)

Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Indigo wrote:My mistake :)
No problems, mate.. it was just for the records! :wink:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

funny how Indi remembers EB2 to be friendly :o .. amazing what the rose spectacles of victory will do for people's memory.. :o

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Norse wrote:funny how Indi remembers EB2 to be friendly :o .. amazing what the rose spectacles of victory will do for people's memory.. :o
C'mon, Norse, except for some episodes the atmosphere was absolutely friendly.
The biggest advantage of EB3 was to be all in the same place, so all the teams enjoyed togheter the evening at the bar or at the Manor House, instead of splitting everybody to is own hotel as it happenend in EB2.

That's why I'm already searching near Bologna a place at least similar to Boreatton park, also if it seems very difficult... :(

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Aramil, I don't want to go into specifics here for your sake as well as mine, but those "episodes" ruined the weekend for me.. any friendliness before or after those incidents just disappeared...

imagine you were on vacation and had a good time except someone held you up at knife-point.. would you remember the vacation fondly??

so, no, EB2 was not friendly.. it was just plain horrible...

just like my dice.. :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

aramil

not sure if this page is any good for you, but it's the same company that boretton park was.

http://www.pgl.co.uk/online/pglexperien ... ynamic.asp

admittedly these are all ski places which would be busy at this time, but they might have some phone numbers for other adventure parks which may not have the same business in the winter.

i'll keep having a look though and see what i find

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Evil Git wrote:admittedly these are all ski places which would be busy at this time,
the ski season starts at the end of november or even mid december, so it should be possible IF open!

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Evil Git
Hoomin's Deliverer

Post by Evil Git »

ah right, i thought the ski season started in october :D excellent news then