EUROBOWL 3 RESULTS

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

Longshot wrote:i prefer Swiss system for teams but i can go without

I dont agree with swiss for players

I dont agree with NaF cos this is invitationnal.

And what's EB ?
4.5 /3.5 is a victory.. who cares if this is a minor one, we re the only team who beat the actual Champions ;)

I see that as a chapionship of Nation, that 's why i prefer classic system of 3/1/0 when Nation play again each other in sport.
I prefer Swiss/Swiss/Non-NAF, but I'm flexible.

But on the scoring: Only in a few sports like football do they use 3/1/0 for nation vs nation. In cases like chess, bridge or checkers for example, it's more usual to count up points for each contestant, and the overall winner will be the one with most total points (like we do now in EB).

Reason: ''
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

NAF results are now in. Contact me if you have any problems.

On a side note, why should any nation have the right to change a system agreed upon three years ago which is working? I say leave Eurobowl as it is.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Draco wrote: I don't mind that Eurobowl is invitational. I would support the Dutch captain picking those who attended this year for next years Eurobowl as well first. But NAF? No that just goes a little to far.
What people are forgetting when they moan about the event being NAF sanctioned is that they could have come along and played NAF ranked games on the side if they chose to, as well as supporting their nation. If you chose not to come, then you can't really complain. Just because you aren't playing for the nation for the Eurobowl doesn't mean you are excluded from playing NAF ranked games at a tournament.

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Indigo wrote:
Draco wrote: I don't mind that Eurobowl is invitational. I would support the Dutch captain picking those who attended this year for next years Eurobowl as well first. But NAF? No that just goes a little to far.
What people are forgetting when they moan about the event being NAF sanctioned is that they could have come along and played NAF ranked games on the side if they chose to, as well as supporting their nation. If you chose not to come, then you can't really complain. Just because you aren't playing for the nation for the Eurobowl doesn't mean you are excluded from playing NAF ranked games at a tournament.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o Now this is something new!

Was there a sidekick in Holland? Was there a sidekick in Germany? Did you organize a side kick and mention that it would be NAF ranked? Will Italy organize a sidekick tournament?

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

And adding to this:

What is/was Eurobowl about? NAF games or socializing between friends that wanted to have a team event?

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Gorbad wrote:
I prefer Swiss/Swiss/Non-NAF, but I'm flexible.

But on the scoring: Only in a few sports like football do they use 3/1/0 for nation vs nation. In cases like chess, bridge or checkers for example, it's more usual to count up points for each contestant, and the overall winner will be the one with most total points (like we do now in EB).
Well 3/1/0 is just an idea to say W/D:L ranking more than anything else.

And you can check most of all Team sports are doing that.

Chess.. well in any competition, you have the the W/D/L system . Franch Championship is like that .No matter if you win by only half a point or 7 points. This is taken as tie breaker. (I ve done some chess in club.) But for internationnal contest i am not sure how it is performed.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

What is NAF ranking about? A stone cold sober serious ranking of international players or another aspect of that same friendly and sociable competitive-tournament scene?

Sorry, but I'm finding it hard to see why "NAF games" and "socializing between friends that wanted to have a team event" must be mutually exclusive.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

Mordredd wrote:What is NAF ranking about? A stone cold sober serious ranking of international players or another aspect of that same friendly and sociable competitive-tournament scene?

Sorry, but I'm finding it hard to see why "NAF games" and "socializing between friends that wanted to have a team event" must be mutually exclusive.
Completely agree, but I also know some people who get a bit carried away with ranking games, etc.

In the end, atleast in this discussion, it's all about whether the NAF (read: us) minds 'bending' it's own rules for this one tournament or not.

miloquaser
Rookie
Rookie

Post by miloquaser »

had a good weekend.
special thanks to the organisers, and to hoomin and evil git for driving us from and to manchester.

i think the rules are fine the way the are, but wouldn't be against swiss style for the teams, that way before the final standings at least the nr 1&2 can play each other.

i think it should be naf approved, it's one of the naf's goals to promote bloodbowl, what better way than the eurobowl. it also makes every match interested even if your team has already lost the round our tourny. the only reason not to is that it's not an open tournament, but it's not invitational either. Every country can submit a team. as said before you can also join the side-tournament.

2 suggestions;
-if a country can't bring 8 players, than they will get supplements from the rookie's. so do not allow a country to pick there own stand in players. this might make it more intresting to attend the rookie's.
-maybe the naf should sanction more tournaments that are not 'open' under specific rules. for example the lowlands borderbowl.
(what those rules are supposed to be i don't know yet)

Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

miloquaser wrote:but it's not invitational either. Every country can submit a team. as said before you can also join the side-tournament.
Sorry to argue, but is IS invitational (at least in the Netherlands it is).

Was there a side tournament?
Will there always be a side tournament?

F.E.: If only 4 players extra wanted to play Eurobowl, but the teams were full, would there be a sidekick tournament for the 4 non selected players?

Should the next Lowland Border Brawl between Belgium and the Netherlands be NAF sanctioned, or the new upoming German National Province Team Games?

I'm making this arguement for the sake of principal and not because I feel duped by this system. I'm no player of the Eurobowl Team and doubt if I ever will be. It's just that I think that having this tournament NAF sanctioned is not correct.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I thought that there was only one real requirement for NAF status, and that was being open to all who wished to enter (space permitting)? If the EuroBowl does not meet this requirement, then why does it receive NAF status? :-?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

I got that in the past for the first tournament when the rules were "bent" a little. It remained that way for the last two tournaments. But I think Woody wants to stop it for next time. Not sure though.

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

miloquaser wrote: -if a country can't bring 8 players, than they will get supplements from the rookie's. so do not allow a country to pick there own stand in players. this might make it more intresting to attend the rookie's.

ehrrrrm no. :roll:

But on behalf of the side kick tournament, Aramil has already told me that next year will be a real propper one. Because this year were some sidegames. But not a real way of: "now i have to play against my opponent and then another."

And because that what he has done all weekend believe me that there will be a nice side kick tourny next year.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

What i am afraid of with Naf Sanction over that is :

if it is Naf then it have to not be invitationnal then :

Qualification on all the country to get only the best players in each Team.
qualification in some tournies or by NaF Ranking.
That could also mean some ass holes...

But may be this is the way it will go year after year to see the only real good players in Eurobowl and then it will become surely more competitve and less friendly. But we all can be friend in all the other tournament so we have the choice to go or not.

Side tournament is a great opportunity but need much an organisation... That means that not only one tourny will be held but two ! And that's a lot of work but then we can try to get the Eurobowl date change to be in the same date than another country and do a huge thing... a lot of work...

Also, I like to see some other face along the tournament but i think that if a country doesnt have 8 players.. we could accept a 'Joker' but 2 or more is maybe too much concidering that it is a 8 player Team. 2 freebooter means 25% of the team ^^.

So it is all about how do we it. Then we could better choose if it should be on qualifications over each countries and then NaF Sanctionned.

And the Point systeme is another point of discussion.. we should may be split the current thread and discuss all of them in each thread ?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

special dispensation was given to EB1 and, I guess, EB2... i cannot remember why.. perhaps Lucy could tell us as he organised it..

my suspicions are that some of the more uber-competitive shenanigans that led up to EB3 will lead the NAF to remove their sanctioning of this event..

and Norse says hear hear! 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers