EUROBOWL 3 RESULTS

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Does anyone have any info from team Italia on how to get to England from Bologna, ie airlines?

Reason: ''

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Norse wrote:funny how Indi remembers EB2 to be friendly :o .. amazing what the rose spectacles of victory will do for people's memory.. :o
PM sent mate...

I think the actions of a small group of people pre-EB3 have soured the whole issue and I think it is firmly because of that the issue of NAF sanctioning has been highlighted as the root problem behind it all.

Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Valen wrote:Does anyone have any info from team Italia on how to get to England from Bologna, ie airlines?
You can easily reach Bologna by plane cheply using RyanAir.
For EB3 we departed from Pisa and landed in Liverpool. The Pisa airport has it's own train station where you can take a trin to reach Bologna.

Otherwise you can take a plane in London Stansted and land in Forli, which is really near Bologna. Out of the Airport there is a RyanAir bus that take you in less than 1 hour to Bologna city center.

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Here is my only reason for Eurobowl not beeing NaF:

Team Tactic=>

In a Team vs Team game as I would like it with ranking on Win/draw/Loss
It could be at a point a Team tactic to ask one of your player to go for the draw.

In my last (very exiting game against El Panico), i was more going for the rivalry Spain/Italy than for anything else.
A draw would have been all right for Panico I suppose (and me either..)
But i choose a risky tactic for the win only to get all this game and 'may be' last round more close and exiting! I finally lost and that's the game.
Panico did very well and had a great Time (even when some guys are talking about the game.. ) but i can swear it.. i would have never done that tactic in a Open tourny playing only for myself.

I think Team Tactic is not enough important in Eurobowl. So both goes together to me. Ranking on opposition beetween countries and Naf Ranking.

If the Ranking still go in the same way, i have no problem with it being Naf. But i prefer getting some more Team tactic and getting it bit more spicy. (if it is possible ;) )

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

HI everyone!!!

Sorry for the delay but internet connection is not available for me by now, so even if already 5 days are gone I would come back to say thanks to everybody who attended and to remark that.. ITALY WON!!!

MAMMA MIA!!! LUCA TONI!!!!

So thanks to all my opponents for the funny games, and thanks to everyone else was around for the fun (and the beers, and the tequilas, and the black Vodka, and so on...) we had togheter.
Special thanks to Fondu for having bring me up to the door of my room 'cause I was too drunk to remember where (and which) it was on friday night!

Lot of arguments readed in this 4 days:

Fun and competitivness: I think one doesn't have to exclude another. I like to have fun and I think I'm one who cares less about result and ranking, but whenever i play I want to win: this is true for BB, cards, soccer, electrotanks, whatever. Whoever start a game with the aim of losing it?
Ok, somebody wants to win more then other. But not for this I've seen anyone having not fun...

NAF sanctionnement: basically I agree on a not NAF EB. Unless there's a real side tourny. But do not believe that NAF points are the only reason for playing. And do not believe that the fact that is an invitational give opportunity only to gain point. Everybody risks: ask to Farina, losing 8 points in a SINGLE match against Netherlands...

Swiss/no Swiss: already spoken with Aramil, he knows my vote for a first day random and a second day swiss: should be the best thing. This is good for teams. Absolutely not agree on swiss for players (especially when is possible to setup 9 or 10 players switching teams during the tournament)

Points: agree on 1/0,5/0 per player. Basically I prefere 3/1/0 for teams, but this is one of the EB "historic" rules and I do not want to change.
And besides this, there is not a "perfect" system: every one has is lack points, and is always possible to demonstrate where any system fails whit adhoc results...

TR: I don't know if this has already been discussed but... what about TR110 for next year? :oops:

Ok, I stop it basically before probably nobody cares of my toughts :D

See you soon everyone, it have been a pleisure to play and see you this year.

Wait for you in Bologna (or when we will made it) and also on the EB06 "horse d'oeuvre", the 2006 ITALIAN OPEN

N-JOY

PANICO

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Gratz again Panico for Team Italia!!

Mamma Mia!! Luca Toni!!
Panico wrote:Everybody risks: ask to Farina, losing 8 points in a SINGLE match against Netherlands...
Tell me about it (lost 8.07 points to Heroic_Tackle) :oops: 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss needed to even keep the same ranking. But to be honest I felt worse about letting England down than my NAF ranking (OK, maybe "as bad" instead of "worse" ;-) ).

EB is a semi invitational event in which players from several different countries all compete with the sole intention of winning games. At the end of the event the total NAF ranking points will be the EXACT same number as at the start - not one single fraction of a point is "created" as a result of EB. The only thing that happens by allowing it to be NAF sanctioned is that the ranking points are re-distrubuted amongst the players in accordance with ability. This, in my mind, is a very strong argument for keeping it NAF sanctioned. The only valid reason I can see not to sanction is because people don't want to put their reputations (and ranking) on the line. Come on guys and gals - that's just the cowards way out. Man up homeyz!! Man up!! 8)

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

lucifer wrote:The only valid reason I can see not to sanction is because people don't want to put their reputations (and ranking) on the line. Come on guys and gals - that's just the cowards way out. Man up homeyz!! Man up!! 8)
But... I don't have any NAF points to give away anymore ;)

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Gorbad wrote:
lucifer wrote:The only valid reason I can see not to sanction is because people don't want to put their reputations (and ranking) on the line. Come on guys and gals - that's just the cowards way out. Man up homeyz!! Man up!! 8)
But... I don't have any NAF points to give away anymore ;)

Just ask Lucifer, ha has enough points to spend to bring us both into the top 10 :-)

Anyway, it seems that next years organizer has the final word, so no pools or anything else will hopefully happen here. And as Aramil has said, it seems that he will stick to what have worked and change a little bit.

A slight increase of TR might even bring back some Elf teams to the Tourny. Dunno TR 105 seems fine for me. An apo for the squishi ones will give them some standing against the Necron Army.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

lucifer wrote: The only valid reason I can see not to sanction is because people don't want to put their reputations (and ranking) on the line. Come on guys and gals - that's just the cowards way out. Man up homeyz!! Man up!! 8)
Did you read my answer? this have nothing to go with reputation...
If Frenc player X succeed in Drawing against English player Y to win 4.5 to 3.5.. Then , his reputation his made ! (Remenber who gave the Title to France first Year? In france we all remember that Zodiac failed to score against Darryl in the very last turn of the very last game and gave France Victory..
But this exitement come only at the very last round of Eurobowl and only for 2 teams usually.. i want that more often (each round if Team battle is tied.. let's have Heroes !)

But anyway, for me, this is not the major point that i ask... i prefer more impact of Nation games instead of individual points all over the tourny.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Longshot wrote:Did you read my answer?
Sorry buddy - just yanking your chain a little.... :D

Rolleriño
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rolleriño »

Glorian Underhill wrote: A slight increase of TR might even bring back some Elf teams to the Tourny. Dunno TR 105 seems fine for me. An apo for the squishi ones will give them some standing against the Necron Army.
We used TR 105 in a lot of tournaments in Italy during this year.
I think it is the most balanced TR for tournamentets and all works very well.
Elf still did't win, but i think that in Italy there aren't any good choaches how usually play elf team. Good Italian coaches love casualties much more than passing action... We play BLOODbowl!

Another question: Why change rules that had work fine for 3 years?

hoomin_erra
Leek chewing thread Necromancer

Post by hoomin_erra »

Congrats Italy!!!

Hopefully i will be in bologna next year in a Team Scotland capacity!!!! Then i can play, not just stop by for a drink or 2 :roll: :roll:

A weirdo in a Bowler hat and a Kilt!!!!!
[url=http://www.createforum.com/teamscotlandbb/index.php?mforum=teamscotlandbb/]Scotland's BB Forum[/url]

Lucifer is Broken!!!!
FischerKing
Experienced
Experienced

Post by FischerKing »

Congratulations Italy, you were just unstoppable !!

A very great turney in a great atmosphere. Place and rooms was cool, but the bar ran out of Murphys too fast :( (how can you guys drink that sour monkeypiss cider beer and not puke right away :D )

I think we should have played 7 games this year instead of 6. Plenty of time saturday night were we just sat around in our huts getting appropriatly drunk anyway, and it might have changed things from possition 3 to 6.

TR 110 or 105 would be better imo, its bashy teams all around at tr. 100. Personaly I would love TR 110 + 5 starter skills.

No conflicts but great fun like the french "we will burn your cars" song.

Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

FischerKing wrote:Personaly I would love TR 110 + 5 starter skills.
My favourite solution too... but I would like to discuss it before officializing it with the other Team Captains :wink:

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

Aramil wrote:
Valen wrote:Does anyone have any info from team Italia on how to get to England from Bologna, ie airlines?
You can easily reach Bologna by plane cheply using RyanAir.
For EB3 we departed from Pisa and landed in Liverpool. The Pisa airport has it's own train station where you can take a trin to reach Bologna.

Otherwise you can take a plane in London Stansted and land in Forli, which is really near Bologna. Out of the Airport there is a RyanAir bus that take you in less than 1 hour to Bologna city center.
How easy or difficult it is to get from Pisa to Bologna?