What to expect at Dungeonbowl

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Ok dice cups are discussed thoroughly. :lol:

Thing is as on most turnaments since round three there is not much chatter from the top tables. And don´t expect some german coaches to be nice there. But all in all this is to hard in concern of all the german players.

As mentioned above, there are the international tournament germans, from star players (Spitnik,Tim), to the Freebooters (guess who), and the dorks (fill in any name starting with an O).
And then there are as sharky has named it, the usual Warhammer guys. On of them really asked me if he should roll a dice. On a 4+ it is a long pass, or any other a short one. You can imagine the look on my face. :D
Nothing against these game systems, but it seems that on their tournaments it is more common to fight for your right yourself and not somehow clear rules, as BB seems to be the most specified game as far as i know in the GW range.

But after reviewing the list at the other thread, half of the tourny is sold to the friendly guys, and the other half will hopefully go to some kids....

"I have never played against dwarfs... have everyone of them block?"

"You will see, you will see." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reason: ''
Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Hangus wrote:the only problem i have with dice cups is when they slam it down and all the models jump one square to the left
.....and then a step to the riii-ight. Put your hands on your hips. And bring your knees in tiii-iight. It's the pelvic thruu-ust that really drives you insaa-a-a-a-ane.... (etc)

:lol:

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

lucifer wrote:
They slow the game down where they don't need to. I don't mind people taking a little while over THINKING about moves, but is it really necessary to add extra time to such a simple thing like rolling dice? (unless you have a little man stored inside the cup who changes the way the dice land :lol: )
I used a shaking Cup at the Eurobowl and was also one of the faster players.
And I don't think that shaking cups will slow down the game. Shaking dices will take 2-3 seconds :wink:

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Sharky2k
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sharky2k »

kithor2002 wrote: I used a shaking Cup at the Eurobowl and was also one of the faster players.
And I don't think that shaking cups will slow down the game. Shaking dices will take 2-3 seconds :wink:
i always play with a shaker and normally first who finished the game. @ lutece i finished all 6 games first ;)

@glorian: nice one with the O :D

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23605][img]http://botzliga.de/community/images/pics/bembelbowl/bembelbowl.jpg[/img][/url]
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

As anyone who has played me a torni, I generally am also one of the guys to finish first and I use a dice cup, so no problem :D

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Gav, you're also the only person I know who can play 60 second BB, move all their players and still have time for a fag and a pint before the 60 seconds are up!!! :lol:

Valen

Post by Valen »

lucifer wrote:Gav, you're also the only person I know who can play 60 second BB, move all their players and still have time for a fag and a pint before the 60 seconds are up!!! :lol:
And whats your point :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
lowsman2
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lowsman2 »

Mordredd wrote:When I first played someone who used a dice cup I thought it was a bit unnecessary, and he did slam it down a bit hard. But now, a few years on, I'd be very happy if use of dice cups was mandatory. I've had too many games where my opponent's dice have (at least seemed to) almost never rotate after leaving their hands and therefore their 'rolls' were not random. And asking them to please make sure that future rolls actually roll seems to only cause offence as none have been able to take it as anything other than an accusation of cheating.

If you put the dice in a cup, put your hand over the top, shake vigorously and then roll from the cup then it cannot be seem as anything other than a fair roll. And if you slam the cup down (preferably not too hard) then it traps the dice so you never lose rolls (and time) thanks to losing dice off the side of the table. As far as I'm concerned dice cups are brilliant and I'm always happier when playing someone who uses one.
As you know to me it is an accusation of cheating. If you do not think the die rolls are fair (and why else comment on it) then you are implying that the person is cheating. No dodging around that; it is what you are saying.

(I'm not going to get in to the argument of what is and isn't random, we've already done that :wink: ).

I also think it suggests people are taking the game too seriously. If you wish to insist on die rolling being specific there are issues with dice shakers. You need a long rolling area to properly roll the dice.

I also loathe dice shakers. They annoy me intensely, both from the slowing down of the game and the rattling of the dice as it is being shaken gets on my nerves. But if someone wants to use one that is their choice. The thought of them being compulsory scares me :o

On a seperate point, it's also in the rules pack this year that games will only be timed with both players agreement.

Cheers

Richard

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

lucifer wrote:
Hangus wrote:the only problem i have with dice cups is when they slam it down and all the models jump one square to the left
.....and then a step to the riii-ight. Put your hands on your hips. And bring your knees in tiii-iight. It's the pelvic thruu-ust that really drives you insaa-a-a-a-ane.... (etc)

:lol:
i think hanging around Indy is affecting you Geoff :D

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I think I will make a positive contribution here by saying that with the exception of a few great guys like Tim, Sputnik, Kithor, Trav, Narkotik and Tante Kaethe, most Germans take the game far too seriously and I would rather spend a night in prison with a target painted on my arse than attend the Dungeonbowl... :cry:

I hope Olaf gets disqualified again this year.. :P :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

i have only played two games versus people with dice cups and both finished on time (only because in both games each player only had about 5 players each), but in one game it seemed like at least once per turn we would have to stand a player up that had been knocked down due to the cup being slammed down. Now i know it was a tight game and things were getting tense but it just takes once for you to forget which square that little fella was in and its causes problems.

Now i agree with Mordredd that it is a fair was of rolling the dice (and in that case only one set of dice to be used) but it just takes one kid in an exciting moment to spoil the whole game.

Maybe you can get one of those bingo machines to roll the dice for you....clickedy click....double six :lol:

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

but that is why I always put my shaking cup down "beside" the pitch and not straight onto it.. that way models do not move...

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

lowsman2 wrote: As you know to me it is an accusation of cheating. If you do not think the die rolls are fair (and why else comment on it) then you are implying that the person is cheating. No dodging around that; it is what you are saying.
For me cheating requires a deliberate intent to fix the result, so that would include making sure that the right result/number was facing up before making the dodgy rolls. And an accusation of cheating would usually contain the word cheat, cheating or cheater.

Also there are people who want their opponents to use the same dice as them. That doesn't mean that they think that there are people who turn up with fixed dice.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
Valen

Post by Valen »

Norse wrote:but that is why I always put my shaking cup down "beside" the pitch and not straight onto it.. that way models do not move...
I also try to do this, but sometimes forget :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

vodka will have that effect dude! :wink: