BBGT 2006 - Orc roster & skill pick - your views?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

oldtimer
Rookie
Rookie

BBGT 2006 - Orc roster & skill pick - your views?

Post by oldtimer »

Okay guys - your advice welcomed...

I'm thinking of going to the BB 2006 and was wondering what the tournament vets amongst you think about how best to approach the team selection/skill pick side of the affair. (Let's just assume I'm a reasonable level coach who knows how to play - not a rookie but not a seasoned tourney guy either)

I noticed on the stats of past tourney's that the Undead/Necro combined tourney wins amount to 18 including the last 2 BBs but I don't fancy playing with the dead/nearly dead guys.

So I'm thinking Orcs - I like them best and they're what I prefer playing with (although can be a bit slow at times).

Here's the roster:

4 blitz
2 bob
2 gob
2 throw
3 line
2 rr
3 ff

Skill picks in order - DP on line, tackle on blitz, tackle on blitz, Guard on blitz, Guard on blitz,

Reasoning behind choices:

Roster - 4 blitz + 2 gob keep the average speed up, 2 throws means sure hands available without burning skill. 13 man roster to counter 'sent offs' and kos-injured.

Skills - DP on line to remove opps danger men, tackles to hunt dodgers, guard to assist if I'm doing well and start to run into Undead teams in last two games.

Love to hear your thoughts - esp. Ian Williams and ithilkir who seem to have been reasonably successful with Orcs in tourneys past.

Cheers

c

Reason: ''
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

I think you need to had Bobs instead the linos and with one thrower is enough...for my taste.

Then...i will pass without DP on the lino and start with Guard, Guard, Tackle, maybe Block in a BoB and finally...tackle or strip ball or something like in the last blitzer.

But..also you can start with block on the thrower and make him the ball carrier...but with Mov6 i'll not do that.

oldtimer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by oldtimer »

grotuk wrote:I think you need to had Bobs instead the linos and with one thrower is enough...for my taste.
Then...i will pass without DP on the lino and start with Guard, Guard, Tackle, maybe Block in a BoB and finally...tackle or strip ball or something like in the last blitzer.
Thanks for the feedback.

Just so I know - have you had any experience with this choice or is it more your preference/suggested option?

What is the thinking behind more BOBs?

I know it gives two extra ST4s but it does drop the overall MA of the team down.

Does the extra 2 ST4s really help when facing 4 x skaven GRs for instance? At least with an AG3 MV 5 lineman you might be able to reactively get a TZ on a opponent player as they change field positions.

Bearing in mind just about everybody moves faster than orcs I reckoned a higher overall MA would give the team that little 'extra' movement to react to play changes by opposition.

Any more thoughts?

Cheers

c