Flemish FoulFest

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

el sid
Veteran
Veteran

Post by el sid »

Let the mayhem... BEGINNNnnnn...

That sounds somewhat familiar, although I don't exactly know where to place it?

The beginning of the end for a lot of teams setting up on the line sounds more appropriate.

el sid

Reason: ''
Nobody likes you
Everybody hates you
You're gonna lose
Skaven forever !
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Just one more day 'till totally mad, malicious mayhem! As for my favorites to win, I think Totti will win it (he was unlucky last week in the final in Aarschot, something has gotta give) beating Norse (I have a feeling he has some sneaky trick up his sleeve) in the final.

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

I think I will have me a freak run of luck for all games, rolling only pows and sixes, I have the idea I'd enjoy that.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

quick update:

games on table 1 and 2 this morning:
table 1: Totti (Raf) - Teluriel (Kim)
table 2: Norse (Ramsay) - Redvenom (Gert)

In the most fouling cas standings Totti and Jelmer are head to head with 16 fouling cas each! :o

It's been a fun tourney so far, today Nuffle will decide who wins!

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Teluriel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Teluriel »

And the winner is....Norse :D, second came brassman and i came in third. Im rather pleased with my prize: a lizardman(woman) cheerleader.

I just want to say thanks to all of my opponents; it was great fun and most exciting to the last roll.

Also thanks to Quermitt and his girlfriend Joke for taking care of the bar and making the tournament going really smoothly.

'La Choufe' for teh win :) or till next year

brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Good tournament, nice and friendly, positive experience all around

Also quite pleased at my own standing :P

next year we'll be there again!

Sam

Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Thanx to all coaches who attended and especially the organizers for making this a great tournament! I think i speak for all the "madhobbit" players if i say that we had a great time, during the matches and in between...

I'm very glad to have won the "most fouling casualties" price, a great deathroller! Will see you all at the Borderbrawl, and i invite you all to come to the M@dhobbit Massacre (www.madhobbit.net/massacre)

15 bottles of La Choufe, woohoo! 8)

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Carloz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Carloz »

Thanks to the Turnhout-boys for this great tournament.
I'm very sorry if you're disapointed in me. Making the wonderful amount of 0 fouling-casualties :oops:
Not really in the spirit of the tourney (I tried, really :lol: )

I'll be back next year.

@Steven: Pff, Skaven-oneturners :D

All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee. (TP)
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

Thanks first to Seb & Joke for being wonderfull hosts during the tournament and for letting us play with their cats. It was a great tournament and I'm still surprised to see that Totti was allowed to play at table 1 after drawing against my flings! What do you mean, flings can't pass? :lol:

I have no idea where I ended, but I'm very happy to have a record of 1-1-3. The victory was against a Fling team in a tight and very exiting match until my opponent started rolling more ones than was good for him and my trees kicking two halflings of the pitch per tree due to multiple block.

Miloquaser found out that flings can score with only 3 flings on the pitch. Some fantastic passing and 2 die against blitzing with the ballcarrier almost gave me a 2-0 lead at half time. He just got to my fling in time and knocked the poor devil over, scoring with passes to a long beard :o just before half time.

I was 3-1 down with a crowded dead and injury box when Peter had a full squad against my 3 remaining flings. A bad kick gave me the ballon the LOS. So flingy dodges to the nearest gap, goes through and waits for the assault. But a hobgoblin 3 die block did not get him down this time, so 3 dodges and 2 GFI's later, 3-2 was the end result!

A funny tournament and a stunningly well painted halfling team from a new star in the fling tournament scene!

Congrats to Norse for winning the tournament and for being the driver to Turnhout.

The Borderbrawl will be held at the same venue and it will be a blast!

See you in Belgium, pretty soon!

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Norse wrote:
so, settle down and wait for the steel toe cap of Norse to descend..
don't say I didn't warn you!! :wink: :lol:

great weekend largely decided by 3 GFIs.. my opponents failing and me succeeding...

much fun and mayhem..

R 8)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Toby Wan wrote:@Steven: Pff, Skaven-oneturners :D
Don't you just love 'm :P

Another round of thank-you's on my part:
- Seb and Joke for organising and their great hospitality
- Norse for wiping my Skaven from the board in the 2nd half - Congrats on your win Ramsay !!!
- Gorbad for leaving the ball accessible at all times and thereby greatly contributing to my Most Touchdowns Award
- Lord Wriggly for nicking all my rerolls
- Benji for the tense game, despite the 'kaboutertjes'
- Toby for another high TD game and my very first oneturner which, in the end, gave me the edge

Great tournament, great fun... CU at the BorderBrawl in august!

NH

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

well, I am bored silly at work (what's new? :roll: ) so thought I would relive my weekend and post some match reports.. I took a CD roster: 6CDs, Mino, 7 Hobgobs, 3RR, 8FF

Match 1 vs Nighthawk with Skaven

did not expect to see much Skaven at the tourney due to the blood-thirsty rules, but figured the Tackle and Block would work in my favour.. game hung on a failed dodge mid-way through first half.. Steven had to use a team RR to make the dodge so had no RR left when he fumbled the pass. I was too far away from his end-zone to score, so I smothered the ball and went rat-catching 8) .. 2nd half my numbers begin to tell and I slowly grind my way up the field for a 1-0 win with 3 blocking and 3 fouling casualties and first place! 8) Took DP on a HobGob and MB on a Dwarf.

Match 2 vs Miloquaser with CDs

Pete had the exact same roster, right down to the DP hobgob and the MB dwarf! So I knew this was going to be a very close game... and it was.. I broke Pete's drive and fouled out his Mino, so had a number of advantages for the second half (like a 1-0 lead and more players!) but he made life very difficult and managed to break my drive and even claim the ball.. he needed a GFI in the last turn to make the 1-1 draw and he rolled a 1.. a draw would have been a fairer result, but I learned some time ago to accept Nuffle's will.. :wink: Took DP on a HobGob and MB on a Dwarf (yes, again!).

Match 3 vs Benji with Amazons

I was drooling by now.. still in first place and facing the one team which I expected to destroy (as a frequent Amazon coach I have always struggled vs CDs).. but Benji played well and the dice were very soft in the first half, meaning I set up for the second half at 1-0 down and outnumbered!! But the second half went my way big time.. the MB players and DPers were really having an impact and I took a chance and decided to score with 2 turns left, knowing that if his KOs returned I would most likely lose and if they did not I would most likely win.. of his 6 KOs only one came back and a failed pick-up by Benji on his turn 6 really encouraged me.. his last players just crumbled and on turn 8 I had a GFI to win 2-1.. and I rolled a 1... I probably deserved more than a draw but based on the first half I was still pretty happy to be in 3rd place going into day 2.. Took Sure hands on a HobGob and Guard on the Mino...

Match 4 vs TuernRedVenom with Undead

not a good game for me at all.. he slowly grinds his way through my team, fouling out my Mino as he goes.. one of my DPs is sent off on his first foul while my Mino receives 4 consecutive fouls before leaving the picth.. and the ref sees nothing.. :lol: the only good thing is that I kill both his ghouls before I start the second half 1-0 down and outnumbered - and soon lose more players and the ball.. Gert takes a wight with the ball as far as he can and I am forced to blitz him with a HobGob on 2 GFIs and no RR left.. and make the Pow! I needed, stunning the Wight in the process.. somehow, another HobGob picks up the ball and makes a desperate break for it.. I get pretty lucky with some dodges and some 1 die blocks and make a space... a dodging zombie could have spoiled the party for me, but Nuffle rewarded me again and I stole a 1-1 draw.. one of those draws that felt like a win for sure.. running out of skills to take I chose kick on a HobGob and MB on a Dwarf not even realising I will be playing on table 1 for the last match...

Match 5 vs Uriel with Skaven

first game I win the toss and first game I chose to receive - big mistake.. i spend the entire first half in my own half being swarmed by rats like wasps around a sloth.. my dice are horrible and I am happy to only be 1-0 down at half time (survived a blitz as well).. kicking seems to suit me much better, especially when my FF8 finally pays off and gives me the Ref (and still 2 DPs!!).. at this point Kim was in trouble. My MBers and my constant fouling soon reduce his team to dust and I break his offence and score the 1-1 with 2 turns left and only 5 skaven (2 gutter runners refuse to return to the field).. Kim decides to retreat and try to defend the draw and I throw the kitchen sink at him.. not realising he can pass to an empty square, he dodges his Stormvermin into the open (using his last team RR) and tries to pass to him, but fumbles the ball.. his GR is blitzed aside by a CD and a Hobgob picks up and needs to make 2 GFIs to score the 2-1 win.. first GFI is a 1, but I have a RR and manage to make the TD.. by the skin of my teeth.. 2-1 win and tourney champion... phew! :lol:

all told a great weekend and some fantastic opponents.. all my matches were really close and could easily have gone another way.. not used to scoring only 6 TDs in a whole tourney :-? , but being undefeated is very reassuring...

thanks to all, especially Seb, and see you next year...

The Phallus Cowboys WILL be back! :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

Norse wrote:The Phallus Cowboys WILL be back! :wink:
There seems to be a typo in your post, Rams.

On my official tourney roster, your team name was the Phallus Cockboys, not the Cowboys! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big thanks to Gorbad for this one ...

Greetz,
Seb

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

yes, but that is based upon an erroneus assumption which Gorbad made about my lack of team naming originality.. :wink:

I don't mind the Cockboys given the player names...

http://bloodbowl.denes.nl/team/roster.pl?id=113

but I would prefer Cowboys please.. :roll:

Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

The results have been updated guys.

If you spot any error, please PM me as soon as possible so I can rectify the mistake.

Thanks once more for making it a great first tourney as organiser! We (both Joke and me) had a great time and we are looking forward on hosting next years edition!

Greetz & don't forget the Border Brawl on the 5th of August (sign in with Nighthawk or myself)

Quermitt