Lowlands Border Brawl - Turnhout, August 5th

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

Best net TD, wow, and I didn't even do that well I think. 3-2, 2-1 and 3-1. It was fun playing wood elves differently for a change. With a thrower, 4 re-rolls and just putting the elves in harms way till death do them part. It works, is more fun than just running around in circles failing agility rolls, but still wood elves are too much a luck dependent team. Once the D&I box starts filling up there's little you can do but leap. Which is where 4 re-rolls came in handy two times out of 6 halves.

10 more years of teaching the Belgians how to play BB and we may face some competition :p

But the best thing about the border brawl: the atmosphere. Really enjoyable again. Beat you guys next year.

Of course the results were fixed because captain bonehead had already put the trophy in his trophycase before the tourney even started ;)

Reason: ''

Nuffle Sucks!
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

I had great fun yesterday!! A final score of 29-9 for the Dutch was once more overwhelming, but the Belgiums did have an improvement of 3 points on last years score. So as Duke Jan already stated: with 10 more years there might even be a competition. Until then: just keep the clogg at home Draco. :lol:

Seb and Draco, great work! Thanks for organizing this fun tournament!!

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Thanks to all for a great tournament and great fun on the side... Great to see that our Madhobbit league managed to score an amount of points equal to the amount of points ALL belgium players scored together :)

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

You Dutchies better watch out, we'll be back for more !

Props to the organisers for a great tournament.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Jelmer wrote:Thanks to all for a great tournament and great fun on the side... Great to see that our Madhobbit league managed to score an amount of points equal to the amount of points ALL belgium players scored together :)
now that's plain scary :lol:

pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Although we got a amazing asswhooping, it still was a fun day.

The first game against Jelmer' High Elves nothing went wrong, and I won easily, 2-0.
But this caught up with me in the second game against Yavatol. his gutter runners kept on passing me by, and they just did not want to die, let alone fall down. During the second half I managed to put 8 skaven in the D&I, but his two remaining gutter runners kept on wreaking havoc in my defense. I lost eventually with 3-1.
The third and final game, I was playing on table 3, and that with one win, and one loss. Off course, my fellow team members were not performing too well :wink: I faced Straeten's Orcs and could have easily won the game, but a few bad rolls and a gigantic lack of sleep (I was awake for 34 hours straight when we started the match) led me to a 1-0 defeat in turn 16...

It was great fun, thanks to Seb and Draco for organising this event! The defeat might look huge, but those who were there it could have gone the ther way (we could have won 5 more games or something like that :wink: ). But no worries, we will massacre the dutchies at Eurobowl, and in the next borderbrawl :P

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

I must say I had a very good time too! Played my first ever tournament match against flings, who where no walk over at all! (and who had a secret device that caused the ball always to end up in 3 or 4 tackle zones).
In next two games my dirty player (yes I had one) made a big difference, fouling out Pelle's own DP in the first turn, and fouling out 5 orcs in the last game when we both had the ref. And getting the MVP award in the end makes it all even more enjoyable :D
Very good atmosphere, despite the Belgians loosing badly. So thumbs up to Seb, Draco and their crew!

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

well, my debut outing with humans was good - played 2 won 2 beating Seb and Flupper in the process... didn't play the last game as Sam was too busy bandaging his ass after games 1 and 2.. shame, my 4-1 win vs Wood Elves might have put me in a good place to get most TDs.. :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Jelmer
The Death of Toads

Post by Jelmer »

Dave wrote:
Jelmer wrote:Thanks to all for a great tournament and great fun on the side... Great to see that our Madhobbit league managed to score an amount of points equal to the amount of points ALL belgium players scored together :)
now that's plain scary :lol:
Representing our country gives us just that little bit extra we need i guess :lol:

Most Toads Killed @ Colleges of Magic Cup 05, 06, 07, 08, 09 and 10,
3rd @ NAF World Cup II