Dungeonbowl weekend

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Mick Moon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mick Moon »

Actually it were 7 send into the warp and 1 cas in the final and 11 amazons in the central room ....
well, thats dwarves :roll: ...they prever to slay demons in the warp than
to have a hot date in a dark room with a squad of half naked girls...

congratz!!! it seems that luck returns to you.

Hard times in Germany. Last week we lost all international Soccergames
and now the german Major BB-Title is also gone... :cry:

Reason: ''
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Well done Geoff!

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Well I had heard all kinds stories from years before but this was a great tourney. Well done Lucifer and not as bashy a tourney as I thought it was going to be.
The best part was meeting many of the names I see on this board, Mootaz, Frank & Baerbel and lots of the guys from Kithors/Sharkys league and many others. It so much easier to read and appreciate posts when you have met the person making thier point.

I am sure I saw posts about it being too expensive and questions about "what you get for your money". I hope those that did are suitable embarresed because it was excellent.

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Thanks for that great weekend. Especially to the organizing crew- they did a perfect job and gave the tournament the right spirit. :P

And I second Mordredd's words:
I hate Dwarves :lol: :lol: :lol:

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
UtakHai
Veteran
Veteran

Post by UtakHai »

What to say?
Everything went smooth and I really enjoyed the weekend, the best GW tourney I attended so far..
Thanks to Hellraiser and Etah for sharing their flat with 5 of us chaotic Botzers :)
Also a big Thank You to the GW staff, esp. Sascha for being our entertainer the whole weekend..

I could defend my title as "german champion" and I met a lot of nice coaches I've never played against..
Our league perfomed well this time and Sharky was able to take home the Most Cas Award with blasting 35 casualties in 6 games :o
So fear us :D

cheers,
Utak

Team Unqualified World Cup II Amsterdam
Team Germany Eurobowl 2012 Copenhagen
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Great tournament, finally a worthy major organised by GW that can stand up to the large privately organised tournaments in terms of atmosphere and organisation.

Good job Mr. Sascha "LISTEN TO ME" ... :lol:

Ah and add me to the "I hate dwarfs" list. Blackest Sunday in tournament history for me with 3 straight losses against dwarf, orc and dwarf. :-?

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Frank
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Frank »

Tim wrote:Great tournament, finally a worthy major organised by GW that can stand up to the large privately organised tournaments in terms of atmosphere and organisation.

Good job Mr. Sascha "LISTEN TO ME" ... :lol:
We can second this. It was the best GW tournament we ever attended.

It was VERY good that they used Yavatols Score. Hopefully in Nottingham they will use it also.

It was also nice to meet Andy Hall in Duesseldorf. Good to see that BB has some value at the HQ in Nottingham.

I think Sascha enjoyed this tournament also and we are looking forward to the next Dungeonbowl in 2007.

cu
Frank & Baerbel

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Just back in the land of the (almost) living now after the weekend.

Firstly a massive thanks to Sasha and the GW crew for organising a terrific event. Sasha obviously put a lot of effort in to this behind the scenes and was truly committed to making it a great event and it really showed - which was clear from the rather, er, excitable way of starting announcements ;-) . Going on to then make the announcements in a combination of German and English was brilliant too as it allowed me to try and remember my German first (and then correct when I got it wrong!! :lol: )

Marc (Undead), Daniel (Wood Elves), Sharky2k (Undead), Geggsy (Dwarves), Gregor (Amazons) and Florian (Dwarves). All superb opponents and each giving me a hard time.

Personal thanks to all of the Brits who travelled over too: Sunday night in the restaurant was hilarious. And a special mention to HP who took the ribbing in exceptional good humour. Good on ya!

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Great tourney for my first one abroad. Drank far too much, never stopped laughing, meet and played against some great people. Had twelve hours of sitting down, just don't mention the Bloodbowl part of it :D
Good meal with the German crowd who where kind emough to wait for us opposite the hotel on Friday night in the Greek resturant.
Had a good chat with Andy Hall and the rest of the brits on Saturday after a superb meal set on by the GW crew.
Had such a laugh with Geggsy, Indy, Lycos (pigeon kicker), Valen, Lucifer and Mordredd on Sunday night.

Great time was had by all and would highly recomend it. Just not very well today and struggling with the keyboard.

Well done Geoff.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

You play in a band?

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Aside from losing my cell phone in a taxi driven by someone who thought the quickest way from Altstadt to our hotel was via Frankfurt, the weekend was great :)

Finished 4th overall with a 4-1-1 record, not bad for my first tournament outing with Dwarfs! Played against 5 great Germans and Geggster... and my only loss was against my fellow Brit who finished a spot above me.

V good time, especially Sunday night. I'd also like to echo everyone's statement about Mordredd coming out and taking his fair share of stick :D

Until next year...

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Out of curiosity, any idea when the NAF scores are going to be up?

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I'll put them in this week. I already got the game data file from Sascha.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

narkotic wrote:You play in a band?

Dude that picture was for your personal collection :wink:

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Can someone give me the names of the two teams in finals? Need to update the LoN :)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!