GenCon Odd Man Out

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

GenCon Odd Man Out

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I just found out that I need an Odd Man Out for GenCon. CyberHare has been an incredible help to me the last 3 years ... but understandly he can help out every year in a pretty thankless job.

So here's the deal:

I re-pay you for your admission to GenCon and I pay for your ticket for the GenCon Bowl event.

In exchange you agree to only play in the tournament if there are an odd number of players for that round which means you won't be able to win any of the prizes.

If a round has an even number of players than you are completely free to go do whatever you want until 15 minutes before the next round starts.

You'll also get the giveaway figure and (if I have one made) a free T-shirt from this year's tournament.

If anyone is interested in this and can PROMISE me that they won't back out ... please PM me.

Thanks,
Galak

Reason: ''
Ithilkir
Legend
Legend

Post by Ithilkir »

Pay for the flights? ;)

Cheers,
Stephen :: LRB 5.0 Background Editor
Blood Bowl 2005 & 2006 :: Winner of Most Casualties
The Lore of Nuffle :: The webs biggest BB flavour archive!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

if it works out that every round has an even number of competitors, can you just assume that I was available and send me the figure. You can keep the money......
:roll:

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

I can vouch for the fact that Tom makes it a sweet deal for the odd man out. I've done it for the last three years and it's been fun. Of course I never got a free t-shirt :wink: :lol: Seriously though I have always had a blast as the odd man out. You get to play some people in the event that you might never have otherwise gotten the chance to play. Last year I had the chance to play the youngest BB player in the North American tourney scene. The young Alex is a unique experience I'm happy to have under my belt. Two years ago I played against the nicest older guy. It was his first time back into BB in years and he had been soundly squashed by all his other opponents. Since I had nothing to loose I took the time to show him some better plays and setups than he was using. I won the game in the end. As the Odd man out I never let anyone win a game though I did try to play to my opponents abilities. He shook my hand though and thanked me for making it such a great game for him.

So if it's such a cool job why am I stepping aside? Sadly I've become a victim to one of the reason Tom really needs an odd man out. GenCon is bar none the biggest gaming event in the US and this year I want to do the full on GenCon experience. I'll still be around the BB events (Streetparty & Gencon Bowl) to help out and do the NAF stuff but I won't be in the events.

So come on someone. Step up and help Tom out.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

CyberHare wrote:Of course I never got a free t-shirt :wink: :lol:
Added that to sweeten the pot in hopes I get someone more quickly. I still have leftovers from last year if you didn't get one Brian ... when you stop by I'll give it to you.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If only (seeing as GenCon has been a long-term goal of mine since I first picked up a pencil, character sheet and funny shaped dice).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Oakinava
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Oakinava »

Hi Tom, should i help out?

As a little surprise i will come to the GENCON again this year! Flights are booked and i have my badge! But i guess i should go for the throphy, after your brother was a real hard challenge last year!

Greetings from Vienna
Wolfgang

GENCON-BB Champion 2003
GENCON-BB Champion 2004
GENCON-BB MVP 2005
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Oakinava wrote:Hi Tom, should i help out?

As a little surprise i will come to the GENCON again this year! Flights are booked and i have my badge! But i guess i should go for the throphy, after your brother was a real hard challenge last year!

Greetings from Vienna
Wolfgang
You should play. The GenCon Bowl is better for the caliber of competition that you bring to the table.

Galak

Xeterog
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Xeterog »

I wouldn't mind help out Tom.

-Xeterog