The King is dead. Long live the King!!

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

The King is dead. Long live the King!!

Post by Podfrey »

Wow! What a Bloodbowl!! :D :D

Firstly, a massive, HUUUUGE "WELL DONE" to Chris Blair for returning the BB to England and an unlucky "better luck next time" to Grotuk on pushing it so close.

Unfortunately my own challenge for the title fell at the first game, getting "wood elved" :roll: . Although it's not official, I have a strong feeling that the weekend's results will have knocked me off the top of the NAF rankings. No longer will cries of "Amazons are broken" abound; to be replaced no doubt with "Dwarf rerolls are too cheap" ;-)

I'm not sure who will have done the best for the weekend, with so many highly ranked players getting good results. In any case I'd like to publically wish the new guy (whoever it is) the very best, my hearty congratulations on their long slog there, and the best of luck for the future.

Geoff

Reason: ''
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Blimey :o . A good run though, Geoff. Are you planning to fight your way back to the top or attempt to scale the heights with someone else? What was your overall performance at the BB like?

Congrats to the new #1 :D

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

So..Defending 'not so broken' zones to the rdv ?

May be this is just about 'broken' Lucifer 8) and not zones :D

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
grotuk
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotuk »

Hi lucy, greet to meet you at Nott...

Unfortunately i coudnt win to the "lucky one dicer" Blair :p Maybe it wasnt my tourney anyway.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Leipziger wrote:Blimey :o . A good run though, Geoff. Are you planning to fight your way back to the top or attempt to scale the heights with someone else? What was your overall performance at the BB like?

Congrats to the new #1 :D

Cheers

Leip :lol: :o :lol:
Oh, I'll be making a fight back alright, you can be sure of that ;-) Maybe with the zons, maybe with another team.... we'll see

Games wise:
G1 - (Chris) Wood Elves. Kicked. He scored. Set up for 15 turn drive. I got the ball robbed T7 of first half (leap, dodge into tackle zone, 1 dice, need a pow, there it is, ball free, catcher dodge through several TZs, pick up on 4+, more dodges and GFI, long pass, woodies scored. No reroll). Now 2-0 down at 1/2 time, chasing the game and wanting to get a win to still be in chance of playing in the final. As it turned out it was 3-2 loss in the end and the start of a looooooong weekend.
G2 - (Doc Gnerri) Undead. Played the same lineups at Eurobowl and it ended a fiercely contested 0-0. Same result here, but I had to fight tooth and nail for the result as I quickly went 2 or 3 players down in each half.
G3 - (Colin) Halflings. 2 trees and Thrudd made for a tight game early on, but with Thrud switching sides it quickly got out of hand and ended 2-0
G4 (Kerrunch) Wood Elves. Decided to receive, pummel, score, kick, pummel, nick ball, score. Ended up getting the ball lost again (failed pickup, followed by catcher waltzing in and grabbing it on a 5+ (no rerolls on the team). Then got seriously outcasualtied whilst chasing the greased pigs of catchers around. Horrible game for dice, compounded by Xavier's great play. Embarrassing 3-1 loss. Only saving grace is that I hope to get my revenge in 2 weeks time in Spain :D
G5 (Jon) Necromantic. Kicked. First action for the necros was pick up the ball (no cover) and make a long pass ( :o ). Tactics went out the window and ended up 2-1 win.
G6 (Dan) Lizardmen. Super Nashwan (from the Waterbowl) meant that we both knew each others style of play. Boxed the skinks off and Dan went for a dodge down the wing run, tripped and lost the ball. With some poor rolling for swealtering heat the game quickly degenerated into a handful of lizzies trying to prevent the 3-0 (which they did). Ended 2-0.

Overall then 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

grotuk wrote:Hi lucy, greet to meet you at Nott...

Unfortunately i coudnt win to the "lucky one dicer" Blair :p Maybe it wasnt my tourney anyway.
¡Y tú! Ve tú en diez dias a hoy en Siguenza.
(And you! I see you in ten days time in Siguenza)

Los sientos mucho a los moderators para no escritura en ingles ;-)
(I'm very sorry to the moderators for not writing in english ;-) )

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Help.

Another Lucy.
Well, maybe they now think I can really play bloodbowl.

Lucy, I mean Lucianus.

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice