Eurobowl. Selection criteria for the teams

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

dwarfcoach
The Best Dressed Man in Blood Bowl
Location: That odd twilight that exists 'cause you have only had 3.5 hours sleep

Post by dwarfcoach »

Yavatol wrote:I am a little bit worried that's all. I fear the general sentiment towards the Eurobowl may actually be damaging the tournament scene. So I think it is important to have this discussion..
Amen to that!

Yavatol wrote:...As long as there is some sort of transparency and consensus among the whole group and nobody feels excluded it is fine. .
I kinda agree, but have to remind you that it is really a quasi-invitational type afair and as such final decisions will not necessarily reach the extended community and this may not be all that bad a thing.
Yavatol wrote:But for now I too often see a small group of people having reached a consensus among themselves which mostly serves their self interest, and they expect the rest to form a willing audience and entourage to their own private show. That doesn't work for me, so I am not having any part in it, that should be the end of the story.
To be honest it is the nature of running an event that guys who know each other really well and have gamed in the past will discuss this kind of thing between themselves before 'laying it in front of everyone' as in the TBB audience. As has already been mentioned this tourney is an aberration from the way that tourneys normally work, it is one of a kind. By that very statement naturally some people will like it, others will not. You can't please all of the people, all of the time and this is one of the few tourneys that really doesn't try to.
Yavatol wrote:However, it troubles me that it seems perfectly acceptable to mock or ignore people that do not want to confirm.
Of course I'm 100% in agreement with you here. I do think that you may be speaking from personal experience and as such cannot intelligently comment on the situation, but I think you are totally correct that this kind of anti-community rhetoric has no place in the game...

Reason: ''
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Use the Danish system; take your league buddies, and make sure that no-one else in your country knows. If some other countrymen do find out, get drunk and shout at them that you've got a 200 lbs team mate and are not afaid to use him... :lol:

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Teg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teg »

Redfang wrote:Use the Danish system; take your league buddies, and make sure that no-one else in your country knows. If some other countrymen do find out, get drunk and shout at them that you've got a 200 lbs team mate and are not afaid to use him... :lol:
Great system!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Carefull... we can throw a 'Trambi' also....

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Teg wrote:
Redfang wrote:Use the Danish system; take your league buddies, and make sure that no-one else in your country knows. If some other countrymen do find out, get drunk and shout at them that you've got a 200 lbs team mate and are not afaid to use him... :lol:
Teg, maybe you don't know it, but that is really happened :lol: :lol: :lol:
The 100 kilos guy shouting, I mean....

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Teg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teg »

Panico wrote:
Teg wrote:
Teg, maybe you don't know it, but that is really happened :lol: :lol: :lol:
The 100 kilos guy shouting, I mean....
Ehm... you mean to use me as persuading weapon?? :P
Ok, who I have to kill with my 100 kilos? :smoking:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
yashin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by yashin »

With a very important detail to take care of (before getting drunk, of course).... that the man you are screaming to is not a 300 lbs wrestling champ ;) ;) ;)

To go back to EuroBowl...
What you don't know perhaps... is that in Italy we have a so particular National devotion for EuroBowl, that we created the Tilean Team Cup.
It is a small copy of the EB, played by teams... 4 coaches from the same city or club, in order to decide which is the best BB quartet of the year.
We had the second edition in April... it is a very competitive tourney, but men... this is part of the enjoyment...

Ah I forgot... we had 64 coaches this edition ;) ;) ;)

tpalhares
Rookie
Rookie

Eurobowl

Post by tpalhares »

Here in Portugal, it´s quite dificult to find 8 players that are willing to go, most of our players only play the game online, don´t even have miniatures.

That leaves me with 15 guys that actualy play, among this 15 i have 7 students that can´t afford to go , and the rest most of them have other things.

That leaves me with 3 ou 4 players confirmed.

So the Portuguese system is, contact me or the organization and you are going.

thanks

Tiago

Rolleriño
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Rolleriño »

yashin wrote:What you don't know perhaps... is that in Italy we have a so particular National devotion for EuroBowl, that we created the Tilean Team Cup.
It is a small copy of the EB, played by teams... 4 coaches from the same city or club, in order to decide which is the best BB quartet of the year.
We had the second edition in April... it is a very competitive tourney, but men... this is part of the enjoyment...

70 including two reserves that had played a game and the defender Team.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Re: Eurobowl

Post by Indigo »

tpalhares wrote:So the Portuguese system is, contact me or the organization and you are going.

thanks

Tiago
It would be great to see Portugal represented at the Eurobowl! Good luck in finding a team.

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Re: Eurobowl

Post by Gorbad »

Indigo wrote:
tpalhares wrote:So the Portuguese system is, contact me or the organization and you are going.

thanks

Tiago
It would be great to see Portugal represented at the Eurobowl! Good luck in finding a team.
Would this mean that 'Get the Ref' cannot be rolled in a Holland-Portugal match, and we're all required to foul as much as possible? :lol:

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

:lol:

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

yashin wrote:

So build 8 squads (of 8 members) and let them compete.
The best should present the Italian team.... :wink: (that system was also 'debated' a while ago in Germany:lol:)

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

kithor2002 wrote:that system was also 'debated' a while ago in Germany:lol:
is there any system which was not debated in Germany last year at all???? :roll:

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de