Chaos Cup - Who's Staying Where?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

Chaos Cup - Who's Staying Where?

Post by BullBear »

Before my friends and I make reservations, we're wondering where the bulk of coaches are staying.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I'm staying at the Red Roof which is right across the street from the tournament and walking distance from the Hooters.

I even have a spare bed for Sunday night if anyone wants to split the cost of the room for that night with me and wants a bed to sleep on instead of a floor.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Musta Surma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Musta Surma »

I was thinking of staying downtown and then take a taxi there and back, the mainreason for this is that I hope to arrive Thursday evening/night and use Friday to do some sightseeing and shopping.
How easy is it to get to and from the battlebunker if you stay downtown?

Success renders the foolish wise,
and failure makes the wise foolish!
BullBear
Star Player
Star Player

Post by BullBear »

Galak,
Any idea if the hotel has a bar, or is there one within a reasonable distance?
Know if coaches are meeting up anywhere Friday night?

Thanks for putting all this together, we're looking forward to it!

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Hooters is within walking distance. Val stayed there all weekend last year so they must serve booze. :)

ImageImage
stick_with_poo_on_the_end
has a big box

Post by stick_with_poo_on_the_end »

Us Brits should be staying for 6 days or so. Do yo reckon it would be cheaper to rent an appartment?

Word to Your Mother.
Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

I currently live in Michigan, but am from the Chicago area, so I have some advice for out of towners that want to see the city of Chicago as well.

Regarding the hotel, Red Roof in Downers Grove on Butterfield Rd, is a good value and it's close by so you can get to the Bunker early. Also Hooters is walking distance and North Beach, it's a huge sports bar is close. I recommend staying in the suburbs and then going into Chicago. Staying downtown could get pricy even tho you are right in the area of lots of things to do. But your choice.

An option for those who want to stay in the suburbs and still check out Chicago is to take the train into the city, Union Station to be more specific, it's right downtown. From there you can walk to lots of places downtown, such as the Sears tower and other cool buildings and restarants. And you can also walk to local subway entrances, (Called the EL, due to the ELevated train itself). If you want to take the el you can get to ANYWHERE in Chicago.

To get from your hotel into Union Station in Chicago, you can take the Metra Train (the train that will take you from the suburbs to and from the city) from a station nearby your hotel.

Main page: http://metrarail.com/Stations/index.html

You can use the bunker address (1524 Butterfield Rd, Downers Grove, IL 60515) to mapquest your way the station to the bunker and back. Also you can generally buy tickets at the station or if not, just board the train anyways and you can buy tickets on the train itself. Tickets are pretty cheap, maybe $5.

http://metrarail.com/Sched/bn/bn.shtml#STATION
The Metra Burlington Northern Santa Fe Line will take you from Downers Grove train station into Chicago Union Station (8 minute drive from GW Battle Bunker) Address: 5001 Main Street in Downers Grove IL

http://metrarail.com/Sched/cnw_w/cnw_w.shtml#STATION
The Metra Union Pacific West Line will take you from the Lombard train station into Chicago Union Station (10 min drive from GW Battle Bunker) Address: 9 South Main Street in Lombard IL

You can do Taxi's instead if you like. Your hotel can set that up I'm sure.

Again, these are just my suggestions to save some money. If you want to stay downtown, it's great as you are right there. Traffic should not be bad heading out into the surburbs since it's a weekend. But getting to the bunker that early may be tough.

Good luck!

Jon

Weav
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Weav »

I've spent some time in Chicago...I miss Jimmy John's and Portillos :cry:

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well I can't find my passport and ebookers are hassling me for my passport number, not going anywhere at the moment ;]

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I didnt have to give my passport number :D

Me, Grum (hopefully :D ), Stick and Geggster are booked into the Red Roof for the whole week

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

found it!

only taken me 3 hours :/

now to put it somewhere safe between now and then

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Put it with your BB teams, that where mine is :D

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

GalakStarscraper wrote:I'm staying at the Red Roof which is right across the street from the tournament and walking distance from the Hooters.
Oof, well i'm sold. Where do i sign?? :D

Wil
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Wil »

Hey, hey all. I'm one of the guys who plays in the CRUMBBL (Chicago Regional Mayhem Blood Bowl League) at the Bunker hosting the Chaos Cup. So I too am open for advice on this year. I also live IN Chicago and drive out to the suburbs, so I will echo previous suggestions to stay in the Burbs and visit Chicago itself by train.

By the way Mustaf there is a Portillo's within an Orc Blitzers move allowance from the Battle Bunker!

See you all in October, I can't wait!

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

tickets arrived today!

obscure film shot here:

I'M COMING!