Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

CoachRattenfetza
Veteran
Veteran

The truth

Post by CoachRattenfetza »

Hey guys,

I have to state my opinion on the Dungeobowl Booklet and the "houserules"; YES, I like the current edition of Blood Bowl (LRB 5.0) - Tom did (as Jervis mentioned already) a great work on this...

BUT: this is my tourney and I'm the law... ;-)

No really, my point is:
I like the rules of interacting with your coach as an player of Blood Bowl, who didn't care much about statistics and average, playbooks and "You should'nt try to pick up the ball with that troll..." - I grow up with these rules (yes I have to start with edition 3 :-?) and like them as an part of the ingame-background. Maybe it is wrong to get some personal flavour into this major and it's too sentimental to keep these rules...

So you can write me, what YOU would prefer - strict (current) LRB or some extras...

Cheers
CoachRattenfetza

Reason: ''
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

My personal opinion is that I LIKE the way that all of the BB tournies have different rules - even if I disagree with some of them. The nice thing is that it helps differentiate one from another and makes all of them unique. If people don't like one rules set then they'll stay away from that event, but I'm sure that there will be enough other people who will attend.

VIVE LA DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

"you can interact with the ref"

Can I clarify that? Does than mean LRB4 fouling and arguing the call? Does that mean current DP rule and fouling rule but you only get sent off on a 6 and then "eye" is back on you etc.....

Just not sure what you mean. (And yes I will be there).

TFF mod team
Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

He means LRB 5.0 fouling but you can argue the call like in LRB4

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I like LRB4 apoth, I like LRB4 argue the call.

However, giving the ex world number one Amazon coach and last year's winner a FREE reroll every game is too much. I like the idea though - how about giving him one free re-roll he can use once during the WHOLE TOURNAMENT instead? Then it's much less overpowering for an already good coach?

I do NOT think Igor should be given for free - those teams already have regen, they shouldn't have an igor too. If you do that, everyone will take Undead, I guarantee it - absolutely certain.

Beyond that, I see no problems with the rules as they are.

I think as long as you keep thinking interesting ideas and then seeing what the community thinks you will do well. This is YOUR tournament, but you are running it for us, so the more we feel involved the better it will be :)

Good job - last year was great, this year sounds like it will be just as good if not better. :D

Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

Indigo wrote:I do NOT think Igor should be given for free - those teams already have regen, they shouldn't have an igor too. If you do that, everyone will take Undead, I guarantee it - absolutely certain.
Igor is not free, you can buy him as an inducement, so for 100k you can have Igor.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

That's not exactly what it says, but granted there is confusion. I think buying inducements is a bad idea for this reason... too confusing.

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I think allowing Igor @ 100k is fine

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Indigo

Post by Indigo »

It's pointless, who will buy a 100k regen re-roll? All it does is confuse the issue when allowing one inducement but not others.

Mootaz
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mootaz »

Indigo wrote:It's pointless, who will buy a 100k regen re-roll? All it does is confuse the issue when allowing one inducement but not others.
The same people that in LRB4 bought Cheerleaders for their team, because they liked the minis and wanted to "show" them (never mind they could just put it on the table without having them on the list). Basically Modellers that don't go for "optimal list".
Still, I think you could leave the Igor out. As you said, could confuse things.

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Mootaz wrote:
Indigo wrote:I do NOT think Igor should be given for free - those teams already have regen, they shouldn't have an igor too. If you do that, everyone will take Undead, I guarantee it - absolutely certain.
Igor is not free, you can buy him as an inducement, so for 100k you can have Igor.
No way,

Igor is still too powerful(even for 100k).
Every player of the Undeadteam has the chance of 50% to regenerate his injuries during a game where the apo tries to heal one time.

So please don't allow Igor. :-?

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I don't recall it saying anywhere that they had to pay for igor, nor that other inducements weren't allowed?

CoachRattenfetza
Veteran
Veteran

Confusion?!?

Post by CoachRattenfetza »

Hey guys, slow down... ;-)

1. Igor would cost 100k gp (you have to pay also for the Halfing chef)

2. the argue the call will work as in the printed 3rd Edition rulebook (roll a double - argue the call at "6")

3.at the moment everything went up for another strict-by-the-rules-tourney... it's Ok with me, but I think there could be something more...
I don't understand what will be confusing on: Hey you can only take an Igor for Undead, ... teams and an Halfling chef for Halfling teams... ? So no other Inducements are allowed.

Cheers
CoachRattenfetza

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Indigo wrote:However, giving the ex world number one Amazon coach and last year's winner a FREE reroll every game is not too much. I like the idea though - how about giving him one free re-roll each half?
Couldn't agree with you more mate ;-)

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

:lol:

Just thought you could do with the help, I mean clearly you've lost something since last year ;)