Eurobowl 2006 Freebooter Team Set up. Sign in here!

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Teg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teg »

Indigo wrote:Or better still play in an individual tournament, win glory for Italy that way if it's what you really want, and stop a freebooter team making a mockery of the EB idea :(
But if the number of nations is odd we had to provide a team to let every nation to play.
The freebooter team has this scope, without it we need another solution to let every nation to play, or a nation cannot play

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.blood-bowl.info][img]http://www.blood-bowl.info/forum/ext_images/boogey-single.jpg[/img][/url]
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Hey hey hey....

I can't leave you alone only one day and all this happens???

Step by step:

Italy could even field 3 or 4 complete team if necessary... we have the opposite problem to reduce the number to only 8 coaches!!!

We decided for a mixed team for 2 main reasons: first, it was the same concept than last year , when if we were odds it should have been built a team with all those people who were there. (did everybody remember?)
Second, we would like to give the opportunity to those people who travel for miles and miles to play as well, giving them precedence over Italian people (and I assure you, once again, there are a lot a lot of them, often with complains)
that is what happened, for example, with Margot and Liam last year: thaey already bought their ticket and were ready to fly when suddendly German lacked 2 players...
Wath if Scotland last year (they drop only a couple of weeks before the EB) didn't drop? We needed to found other 8 players... and I don't remember 8 spares players around in Shrewsbury (EG, Hoomin, Mordredd etc... should have play for Scotland so you can't count them)

We just make sure that people who are already ready to come with their national team friend members can have the opportunity to play.

They know it can happen that they don't play (if any sudden drop again) but they are ready to spend time and money to come here anyway along with their orniginal team (Festen already decided from a long time to come with the Spanish team, teh same for the Danish and Hungary guys...)... I prefere give them the spot instead of an Italian which is already here and it don't cost anything to him coming...

Sorry for my english, writing fast and this morning I'm very tired...

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

...and I forget, for all those who talked about the individuale side tournament: there have never been an individual side tournament!

We tried every year, but it never happened!!! Because if you come for the EB, you come for the EB. Not a lot of people wish to spend time and money to get there, see their countryman play the event and stand on a side... if I want to play an individual event, I'll go to Dutch Open, in example.

That's why I prefere to award those who decided to come to Italy anyway!!!!

REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Teg wrote: But if the number of nations is odd we had to provide a team to let every nation to play.
The freebooter team has this scope, without it we need another solution to let every nation to play, or a nation cannot play
Then we do what we did in past years, and the host nation fields a 2nd team.

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Panico wrote:...and I forget, for all those who talked about the individuale side tournament: there have never been an individual side tournament!

We tried every year, but it never happened!!! Because if you come for the EB, you come for the EB. Not a lot of people wish to spend time and money to get there, see their countryman play the event and stand on a side... if I want to play an individual event, I'll go to Dutch Open, in example.

That's why I prefere to award those who decided to come to Italy anyway!!!!
I guess it is the right of the hosting country to decide what to choose but they would not be travelling to Italy if they where not playing for the freebooters.

And you are right about the side tourney it never happens and is a bit of a waste of time.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Indigo wrote:
Teg wrote: But if the number of nations is odd we had to provide a team to let every nation to play.
Dave, last year Eurobowl in Shrewsbury, it was decided for a spare team, not for England II.
(viewtopic.php?t=16984&highlight=eurobowl)
We didn't make it only because Scotland dropped at the last moment

REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Panico wrote:
Indigo wrote:
Dave, last year Eurobowl in Shrewsbury, it was decided for a spare team, not for England II.
We didn't make it only because Scotland dropped at the last moment
There was still plenty of time to get a B team going. It was not organised in advance because it was kind of known the the Scots were stuggling to find a team. (i mean they have let Hoomin in :D )

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Ok.

So as Panico said I will continue to gather the team, check races and make meshes.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Hangus wrote: I guess it is the right of the hosting country to decide what to choose but they would not be travelling to Italy if they where not playing for the freebooters.
Wrong.
As I wrote before, I can tell you for sure that most of the guys had already decided to come anyway. (Festen as first example)

REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
necromancer

Post by necromancer »

Vincekiller wrote:
necromancer wrote: Should'nt we talk some team tactics?

Who will the 3 Italians be?
Ok
Confirmed
Me -> Dark Elf
Lord lemon -> Dwarf
Frankie -> Chaos Dwarf

I suggest :
Teg -> Undead
Necromancer -> Norse (do you have played norse in LRB 5 ?)
festen -> Skaven ?( :P I hope you make better than your NAF ranking 3/0/8 :puke: )

Orc is a basic team, easy to play and competitive...
Left may be Wood Elf or Khemri!!
What would like play the 2 other italian player??

We looks a fine team. :smoking:

I haven't played Norse under lrb5.
they came 2th and 3rd in the Danish Championships.
They look really good.

I have played 14 LRB5 games with nerco, but they don't seem that strong in the tournament.

I have played 300+ games with Undead LRB4

Orcs are solid too, I'll also be able to play them quite well.

Teg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teg »

@Necromancer: I think the choose for you can be Norse or Orcs, they are both good teams! Maybe Norse are more competitive, but with LRB 5 something changed, you can try some games with your friends to test them

[url=http://www.blood-bowl.info][img]http://www.blood-bowl.info/forum/ext_images/boogey-single.jpg[/img][/url]
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Orcs and Necros are two team which could absorb some damage.

And I still think that necros have got a big boost with regenerate wolfes.

So if you could narrow it on two teams you want to play. Big jokers are the two italians which came soon. We will make then the final lineup.

Big change for norse is that you should need to roll for jump up. So BLitz with the guys you stand up, or run with them.

Dont try the block on a 2+ only when it is not so important. If it is important then Blitz the guy, because then you have not to roll.

Also still available are Lizzards, Amazons and well Humans. :roll:
But these are really restricted to someone who know what he is doing, as humans are a like wooden sword. Not hard, not edged, but cheap enough to buy 15 of them. :D

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Teg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Teg »

I don't like Necros... they have been bosted with regen wolves but weakened with more expensive zombies. But if you know well how to pley them they can be competitive ;)

A big trouble with new Norses is the lack of guard and only 2 blitzer. Ulfs need block as soon as possible eating 2 skills (as for necro wolves). So you end with 2 ulfs with block and 2 blitzer with guard instead 4 blitzer with guard.

As already said other italians will take probabily wood elf and humans :-?

festen
Rookie
Rookie

Post by festen »

I`ll try it with Skavens, and I hope to make my best job :roll: .....and thx for your support Teg :wink:...and Panico too.... your prize is an extra beer :smoking:

I`m addict, my vice......the tourneys!!!
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Well I won´t tell you how to play Norse, but they are much stronger than before.
I was at the Danish championships too, and i think they ae truly strong.
Btw Necromancer is a good experienced coach known as Mobo at FUMBBL.