Eurobowl Results

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

lucifer wrote:I've done the output again as per last year and, as a special little treat for Norse ;-) there is an LRB 4 vs LRB 5 skill comparison

http://www.enos.ltd.uk/EB4.htm

G
Cheers Geoff, goes to show what an impact the LRB5 skills have had to tourney play.. :roll: :wink:

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yeah meant you were able to win at least one game!

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

One of the biggest changes is that no one chooses DP any more.
But that was like I espected it....

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

Interesting that the only player, who chose Hail Mary Pass is the last one in the ranking :wink:

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Kheldar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Kheldar »

I just looked at the NAF ranking, and dont know what to think about it. The eurobowl is allready inserted there, but everyone has just 0/0/0 games?

What is going on there?

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

scores have not yet been inserted and calculated - may take a few more days...

the longer the better as far as I am concerned.. :oops: :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Kheldar wrote:I just looked at the NAF ranking, and dont know what to think about it. The eurobowl is allready inserted there, but everyone has just 0/0/0 games?

What is going on there?
Exactly as Norse says. To give you an idea of what is involved, there 12 countries, some with more than 8 players, so we had over 100 coaches playing in 48 matches each round.

Every coach was NAF so I did the new sign ups, then Panico and Amaril have to get every NAF number for each coach, then you have to put the race they used against all 104 coaches. Many of these coaches have different TBB names to thier NAF name so you often have trouble finding them and thier NAF number. Then you have input 288 games (in each case correctly identifying the coach and the score) and if you make just one mistake...you feel like you failed.

So you check it, then you re check it again, so effectively you do this 3 times and then, only then, do you update the rankings.

I am sure they will be done very soon.

TFF mod team
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Take your time Lycos! I'm in no rush to see my ranking plummet!

(nor are the rest of Team England, I'm sure)

:lol:

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Kheldar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Kheldar »

Lycos wrote:
Kheldar wrote:I just looked at the NAF ranking, and dont know what to think about it. The eurobowl is allready inserted there, but everyone has just 0/0/0 games?

What is going on there?
Exactly as Norse says. To give you an idea of what is involved, there 12 countries, some with more than 8 players, so we had over 100 coaches playing in 48 matches each round.

Every coach was NAF so I did the new sign ups, then Panico and Amaril have to get every NAF number for each coach, then you have to put the race they used against all 104 coaches. Many of these coaches have different TBB names to thier NAF name so you often have trouble finding them and thier NAF number. Then you have input 288 games (in each case correctly identifying the coach and the score) and if you make just one mistake...you feel like you failed.

So you check it, then you re check it again, so effectively you do this 3 times and then, only then, do you update the rankings.

I did not mean to rush you. Take your time. I was just wondered by the 0/0/0. I think its because the input started, but is not finished yet?

Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

Kheldar wrote:
Lycos wrote:

What is going on there?

I did not mean to rush you. Take your time. I was just wondered by the 0/0/0. I think its because the input started, but is not finished yet?
Correct!
All coaches and races have been input.
Just need to finish to insert matches (Aramil and me are working on it... but you know, Italians are lazy...)
Jokes apart, we'll try to get the job done as soon as possible!
Bear with us... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

Loony Toadquack wrote:Take your time Lycos!
I am not doing them! Although I did offer.... nope, Panico and Aramil are doing a good job, I was merely pointing out to the community what they probably didnt know - as in it can be a lot of work especially if you have not done the inputting before. (a veteran like me now gets them done in a few hours :wink: )

TFF mod team
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Any progress?
I can see the entire danish team has been entered but no scores yet :)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, I mean, it's been a whole 7 hours since you lasted posted. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

Games seem to have been entered in the system, now somebody just has to push the "magic button".

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

All Done.

TFF mod team