Eurobowl Results

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

My orcs went down by 14 points! :(

Not quite ready to retire them yet though!

They'll be back! :lol:

Reason: ''
UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Longshot wrote:yeap... my humans retired after Eurobowl... ;)
Then probably you have no more use for your "poorly" painted human minis. :D I would take them for a reasonable price. 20 €s maybe. :roll: :lol:

Rankings: And with me the third Belgium enters side 1 again. :D
Life is sweet.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Panico wrote:We discovered we had 3 non NAF;

Tim/Bendrig BELGIUM

Thomas Stich AUSTRIA

Truls DENMARK

Everyone else was NAF
Unfortunatelly :-?
Otherwise my ranking would have grown up a bit more (with a 4/1/1 record I only got 2 points).....

Maybe the organizers could have made them NAF :roll: ( like the people of Lutece do which I appreciate a lot :P )

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Panico
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Panico »

kithor2002 wrote:
Panico wrote:We discovered we had 3 non NAF;

Tim/Bendrig BELGIUM

Thomas Stich AUSTRIA

Truls DENMARK

Everyone else was NAF
Unfortunatelly :-?
Otherwise my ranking would have grown up a bit more (with a 4/1/1 record I only got 2 points).....

Maybe the organizers could have made them NAF :roll: ( like the people of Lutece do which I appreciate a lot :P )
First, we didn't know they weren't NAF, we discover only after.

Secondly, even if I'm one NAF Regional Tournament Coordinator, I don't feel like oblige people to join NAF if they are not interested into.
Nor I don't want to prevent people to attend tournament only because they are not NAF

It's a choice.

(obviolusly I'd like if they join :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Watch out: There's Panico in the stadium...
REMEMBER PAT TILLMAN
Italian Open 2004 (lucky) winner
Dutch Open 2006 (very lucky) winner
Monkeybowl 2007 (very lucky bastard) winner
juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

Panico wrote: First, we didn't know they weren't NAF, we discover only after.
Not quite correct, I've sent all names/nafnames/naf numbers to either you or beppe :smoking:

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Plenty of people have had good tournaments look average because some of their wins weren't NAF.

Happened to me at BB 2005 - my 4/1/1 turned into a 1/1/1 for the rankings cos three of my wins weren't NAF players.

Just the way it goes. You can't force people to join (though some might try it :wink: )

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yup - I finished 7th at last years Brassbowl and my Orc ranking went down as only my 2 losses were NAF ranked.. I think it's quite funny actually.. :lol:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

I don't want to force s.o. to join the NAF- that's not the kind of behaviour I'd try to reflect.

But it's a bit dissapointing if you travel a long way to play six great games and some of them won't count for your ranking.
I enjoyed all my games and all my oppononets and I had a good spirit during the play.
Nethertheless the ranking points are also a thing I have in mind when I go to a tournament....

And for example at GT 06 I played vs s.o. who didn't renew his membership for over two years and that game counted only he still was listed on the NAF site:-? (and this is the same situation like I played vs a Non-NAF player from my point of view).

Maybe within the next time the NAF will find a better way to handle games vs Non-NAF (e.g. give them a fixed rating of 150 just for the games).

juergen
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by juergen »

forcing someone into NAF isn't a good idea IMO.

One way to handle this, could be a fixed rating like Kithor said or an average over all NAF players, or the average of the tournament (which would be my favorite)

Juergen

Creator of Elfball.org - the Elfball website officialy approved by Impact Miniatures
Lycos
Da Ex-Boss

Post by Lycos »

kithor2002 wrote:Maybe within the next time the NAF will find a better way to handle games vs Non-NAF (e.g. give them a fixed rating of 150 just for the games).
This is something I have discussed with Deathwing. It's been on my mind for a while.

TFF mod team
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Great :D

Keep us informed :wink:

Cheers

Kithor

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

kithor2002 wrote:But it's a bit dissapointing if you travel a long way to play six great games and some of them won't count for your ranking.
Tbh though, it's not as if it's a new problem, is it? That's been something that's effected coaches at BB tournaments since the NAF rankings were started.
Yeah, it can be a little disappointing, especially if they're wins at big tourneys (I've lost 4 or 5 wins at the Bloodbowl), but it's something that you should accept.

That said, if a way of inputting results for non-NAF coaches is found, I'd like to see it applied to all tourneys, not just recent ones. If it can't, only apply it to tourneys that finish after it's found.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

out of all my wins at the bloodbowl only 1 has been naf ranked funnily enough only 1 of my losses wasn't ranked but thems the breaks and you just have to accept them and remember why you went in the first place .... to have 6 great games of Bloodbowl

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Darkson wrote:
.... but it's something that you should accept.
No way :wink:

I will name that problem until a solution will be found. :lol:

Bevan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bevan »

kithor2002 wrote:
Darkson wrote: .... but it's something that you should accept.
No way :wink:
I will name that problem until a solution will be found. :lol:
It has been suggested many times that non-NAF coaches are just treated as 150 rating for calculation of NAF rankings. However, this doesn't work because on average the non-NAF coaches tend to be a bit below the average of NAF coaches. But there should be enough results collected by this time to be able to decide what the "true" rating of a non-NAF coach should be. Then all non-NAF coaches just get entered as though they were the same anonymous coach and all games would count for NAF rankings. The "non-NAF coach" ranking could then be allowed to change over time along with all the other rankings.