Lowland Border Brawl 4th august 2007 slander thread

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

There won't be enough stunty teams for Belgians to win this time.

Reason: ''

Nuffle Sucks!
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Mmmmm ... Border Brawl ... Dutchies ... mmmmm ... 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend

Post by Duke Jan »

Met vlag en wimpel

(sorry, don't know a good English translation).

Nuffle Sucks!
Old Man Draco
Monkey Spanker

Post by Old Man Draco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stunty King of Lutèce Bowl 2006!:lol:

Owner of a "Deputy Dook Badge"
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Final score:

BELGIUM 23 - THE NETHERLANDS 15

Enough said 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend

Post by Duke Jan »

We're used to 15 points being more than enough to beat Belgium. :lol:

Nuffle Sucks!
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Well, had a great time at Turnhout, despite the dutch loss. Played with High Elves, loosing the first match to kwèk's Khemri who ended as top coach. The khemri out-passed me from turn 7 of the first half onwards resulting in them coming back from 2-0 down to winning with 2-3 :o Second game was against Chaos Dwarves whose hobgobs seemed all to happy to let themselves be sacked in their own half resulting in a 4-0 win for the elves. Last game was an excellent thriller against Dwarves with a 5-turn sideline scrimmage in the first half and some close calls in the second where a failed go for it meant I could steal the ball for the 2-1, which was the end result.

Great thanks to all my opponents for the fun matches and the organizers for a great way to spend a sunny day indoors :D

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend

Post by Duke Jan »

Oh and by the way I wouldn't be surprised if the score would finally turn out to be a win for the Dutch after all, I don't think I ever saw the same score on the board twice :)

The matches were all great, tight game against Dries his skaven where my wood elves made 5 casualties. Pelle's wood elves were a pain but in the end I managed to beat them. And Kwèk's Khemri were a downright nightmare. It's the first time I finished a game with my team cleared off the pitch entirely in 15 years of BB and still I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Nuffle Sucks!
Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Great day. Beatin' the Dutchies just is the icing on the cake.

They fear us. Some of them even slashed their own car tires not to get there on time.

Many thanks to Donovan, Malcolm and Mauz. 3 great games versus 3 great opponents. Hats of to Malcolm for making it entertaining while suffering heavily. I couldn't help grin when I saw Mats' face when Malcolm was mentioning he was disguised as an Algerian Sailor last time. Felt like Mats was thinking, these two are way too weird.

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Quermitt
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Quermitt »

By the way, the end score was 23-14, not 23-15 ...

Just thought I'd mention this. :D :lol: :D

Next year we'll try to keep the Dutchies under the 10!

Cheers,
Seb

pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Post by pelle »

Draco wrote:
pelle wrote:
Draco wrote:You prefer to be French?
That' s a nice choice: the devil or the deep blue sea... :lol:
But I'd still prefer French :P
At least then, when you lose (note WHEN you lose) you can say:

"Sorry I'm French! :D
Well, I'm not French, are you? :P 8)

Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
brassman
Experienced
Experienced

Post by brassman »

Many thanks to all for a very relaxed day of Bloodbowl, which ended in Belgian Bliss as we finally played as well as we knew we could :)

I had three enjoyable games with my Undead. First one against Orcsies, first half saw the Undead score with some quick Ghoul action, second half was one long drawn out affair as the Orcs stumbled closer and closer to the endzone and the undead fumbled chance after chance to get that ball. In the end, it came down to a long bomb for the dead guys, inaccurate pass would most likely be good enough, but fumble it was and the orcs could finally score in the 8th turn (1-1).

Second game against Norse, which is always a good matchup for my Undead (gotta love all that Av7). Undead start was a bit dodgy with the lines being drawn out too much, but once we got our stuff together, Norse started dying fairly quickly. Important part was the Snow Troll being KO'ed rapidly and not coming back at all anymore. Half time saw the score at 1-0, and the Norse team strongly depleted. Despite a valiant attempt from the Undead to clear the pitch of Norse, one stubborn viking remained (face down) on the field, while a Ghoul ran in the 2-0 victory.

Third game against the Pro Elves of Ramsay, annoying dodgy gits, the lot of them. Although truth be told, Ramsay's luck wasn't all that hot at times. Very very close game, with the Undead managing to sack the Elven ballcarrier on their first drive and then somehow delaying the pointy-eared gits long enough to end the first half on a 0-0 score.

Since most skill-bearing Elves were by then in less-then-optimal health, it seemed like an easier half was upcoming for the dead guys, not quite so as the ball scattered almost back in their own deployment zone and the remaining elves streamed all over it. My ghoul managed to pick it up, but quickly found himself surrounded by two sidestepping blitzers.

What followed was 5 turns of total madness with the ball going everywhere, from elf to ghoul to floor. Both teams had their chances, but in the end, a ghoul managed to run off with it and sprint into the elven half.

Having arrived there, "all" he needed to do was push aside some annoying Elven Blitzer, of course promptly resulting in a double-skull roll and the ball being loose again. Next turn saw the over-cocky Elf fail at doing anything with the bal, and in a tense last turn, another ghoul dashed in, picked up the ball in a tackle zone, dodged away, failed his dodge, rerolled it, and stumbled into the endzone with a go-for-it. Insanity.

The last turn saw the elves not getting a riot, so that ended with a hard-fought 1-0 Undead victory.

Fun day.

TuernRedvenom
Legend
Legend

Post by TuernRedvenom »

finally, justice! :lol:

Well done team Belgium!

Un bon mot ne prouve rien. - Voltaire