West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

ZootSuitJeff
Experienced
Experienced

West Coast Blood Bowl Grand Prix: Official Rules

Post by ZootSuitJeff »

To raise the level of competition and encourage travel between west coast North American Blood Bowl communities for tournaments, as well as to encourage additional tournaments to be held, I'm sponsoring a competition in 2011 for the best overall coach in western north american tournaments. These should be open, NAF sanctioned tournaments, one or two day with at least ten entrants to gain full points. These would include, but not limited to:

West Coast Quake, (Los Angeles, CA) Jan 15-16th
Rat City Rumble (Seattle, WA) Feb 26th
Aftershock (Los Angeles, CA) Spring?
Spike! Magazine Cup (Vancouver, BC) Sept 10-11th
Orcland Slaughter & Block Challenge (Oakland, CA) Fall?
Nuffle's Fault (Los Angeles, CA) Nov 11th

If you are planning or are aware of any other tournaments that qualify (NAF sanctioned, western North America), please let me know and I will add them to the list.

Scoring will be calculated Formula One Style, with probably 10 points for 1st place, 8 for 2nd place etc, and 1 point for anyone attending.
1st Place: 10 pt
2nd Place: 8 pt
3rd Place: 6 pt
4th Place: 5 pt
5th Place: 4 pt
6th Place: 3 pt
7th Place: 2 pt
8th Place or Lower: 1 pt

If a qualifying tournament has less than 10 entrants, the total points given for that tournament may be reduced accordingly.

I will be posting a list of current standings on TFF, the naf website, and other local BB league forums.

Prizes:

This year I'll be sponsoring the Grand Prix personally by giving a pro painted team to the best coach. In future years I would like there to be some additional schwag connected to the tournaments, such as a legacy trophy, a commemarative plaque, and a commemorative figure given away for attending either your first or second tourney in the circuit.

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks,

Zootsuitjeff, impresario of the West Coast Grand Prix

Reason: ''