HumberBowl?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

HumberBowl?

Post by Oly1987 »

Ok so I'm bored at work and I got to thinking, I would like to play host to a tournament sometime (if the idea ever gets off the ground probably sometime next year) in the grimsby area. I know its a little out the way and I'm not an experienced coach but I'm going to look for some help (they don't know it yet but jock and diamond Joe will be getting PM's soon). Just throwing ideas out but would like to know if theres the interest and also throwing out the idea if a rules set. I'm a fan of all skills being picked before the 1st game and wanted to do something a little different. Was thinking of 1 normal skill per player (maybe sone doubles for stunties but I don't know if that would overpower some teams. All ideas and comments on current ideas welcome

Reason: ''
4 catchers and a thrower with hail mary pass, what could possibly go wrong?
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: HumberBowl?

Post by spubbbba »

Oly1987 wrote:I'm a fan of all skills being picked before the 1st game and wanted to do something a little different. Was thinking of 1 normal skill per player (maybe sone doubles for stunties but I don't know if that would overpower some teams. All ideas and comments on current ideas welcome
If you did decide to go that route you should probably limit it to a maximum of 2 pics of the same skill to try and avoid the dull all blodge zons or mass guard dwarfs.

Not to mention the overpowered all diving catch snotling team. :wink:

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Thanks for the feedback spub I like the idea of restricting the amount of the same skill. Already have a venue in mind (hotel with pub and restaurant in the middle of town) and might start pricing it up and looking what they can offer if I get enough interest. Could probably draft in around 8 people from the immediate area that I know which would give the NAF around a half dozen new members, that is if it got NAF sanctioned. Keep the comments coming!

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

spubbbba wrote:
Oly1987 wrote:I'm a fan of all skills being picked before the 1st game and wanted to do something a little different. Was thinking of 1 normal skill per player (maybe sone doubles for stunties but I don't know if that would overpower some teams. All ideas and comments on current ideas welcome
If you did decide to go that route you should probably limit it to a maximum of 2 pics of the same skill to try and avoid the dull all blodge zons or mass guard dwarfs.

Not to mention the overpowered all diving catch snotling team. :wink:
I kind of agree in principal but I'd say 4 copies of the skill. Not sure I have a coherent thought out reason for it but 4 leaves more freedom for the teams that are lacking the basics like Slann etc.

fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

One skill per player is a lot to remember in tournament. I would limit it to a max of six or seven.

Oly1987
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Oly1987 »

Ok so im possibly reonsidering the 1 skill per player unless of course i make the tournament entrance a handfull of skill rings for everyone. Plausable?