Dice cups and novelty dice

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Dice cups and novelty dice

Post by stanrichardson »

Joemanji wrote:Some dice cup actions are bent - I'm looking at the StanRichardson squeeze here ... :wink:
Really Joe....
Purplegoo wrote:Oh yeah, and Dave's squeeze reroll. Dirty Geordies.
Oh yeah, and Dave's squeeze reroll. Dirty Geordies. ;)
If any other group was prosecuted like the Geordies are, all h*ll would break lose.

Lucky we can take it and know your all just jealous.

We all know Joe is implicated in the phone hacking scandal, we all know he uses it to gain an advantage before every tournement. :wink:

Reason: ''
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

I have only just recently started dice sharing. If they roll, I roll, if they use a cup, I use the same cup.

Takes out all doubt.

Mr 1-in-20
The Dazzler II
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Dazzler II »

I've never really bothered with a cup but i say "your dice or mine?"

Carpe Nasem
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

Sometimes it gets entertaining when there are two persons and only one cup. :orc:

Image Image Image
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Maximu the 2008 Newquaybowl dice (green ones) are broken beyond all hope of repair and if used in a cup and given a reasonable bounce on putting the cup down (doesn't need to be a full on slam) they will almost always roll 5's or 6's

The red ones from 2009 are slightly bigger and don't seem to be broken.

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Enjoying this thread, thinking that I put the cup down too hard. Will mend my ways...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
maximu160490
Veteran
Veteran

Post by maximu160490 »

Buggrit wrote:Maximu the 2008 Newquaybowl dice (green ones) are broken beyond all hope of repair and if used in a cup and given a reasonable bounce on putting the cup down (doesn't need to be a full on slam) they will almost always roll 5's or 6's

well you will be glad to hear I lost mine then. I'm sure the monkey has his though

NAF: Trainspotter

I am doing the Great North Run in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GeorgeWilliams2
Jani74
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Jani74 »

Do you guys use any spells or do rituals on dice? Like storing them with good energy and stuff. I am still to do that, but have heard it might pay off.

Maybe I could start by putting my favourite dice in to freezer. Might do something, you never know!

Image Image Image
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Buggrit wrote:Maximu the 2008 Newquaybowl dice (green ones) are broken beyond all hope of repair and if used in a cup and given a reasonable bounce on putting the cup down (doesn't need to be a full on slam) they will almost always roll 5's or 6's

So Dice master, what is your informed view on Vaultcon dice? Broken or not...? (Specifically the red one you used at Cakebowl?) :oops:

I moan about all dice, my opponents and mine, how they roll (or shake if a cup is used) how they are thrown (@Buggrit) and what the results are..... Then at the end of the match i apologise.

Maybe some Custom dice are "broken" (See Newquaybowl reference above) maybe not, maybe my "normal" green dice are broken (ask canteloup, I broke his Chaos warriors armour at every turn) or Hawca (Who saw me fail 5 3+ rolls to pick one after the other) all with the same dice, I believe it all evens out.

I do prefer using a dice cup (after seeing a "Scammer" on TV throwing dice in a specific way to achieve certain results) and have no problem with dice sharing, if fact I tried to encourage Hawca to use my dice :lol:

Spiky
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Spiky »

I love that moment of suspense that you get before lifting the dice cup on a critical roll :D I might also be guilty of thumping the cup down sometimes, usually on injury rolls when I especially want the player to get off the field.

Novelty dice are OK, so long as it's very clear what the result means to your opponent. If you're using them, it's best to only use ones with the same orientation (i.e. picture on the 6 side) to avoid any confusion.

My favourite D6 are the same size as block dice which can be seen clearly by the opponent when rolled.

Geocaching - The most fun you can have with a smartphone and a pencil
First official recipient of 'The Glowworm Award'
Cracol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cracol »

Hello, my name's craig and im a cup thumper (this is noisy dice cups anonymous isn't it?)

"No guy with pride ever relied on no guide sucka!" Mr T
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Cracol wrote:Hello, my name's craig and im a cup thumper (this is noisy dice cups anonymous isn't it?)

WELL DONE, Craig... Thats the first step on the road to recovery, admitting you have an issue :wink:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Cracol wrote:Hello, my name's craig and im a cup thumper
If you get knocked down, do you get up again?

Show my age there.....

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
mattwhile

Post by mattwhile »

It's hard to not slam dice cups down at crucial moments, I know Grandad moans at me about it whenever we play. But it's also easy to throw your dice a bit more rigourously at these moments. That's when they're more likely to leave the table or knock stuff.

maximu160490
Veteran
Veteran

Post by maximu160490 »

mattwhile wrote:It's hard to not slam dice cups down at crucial moments, I know Grandad moans at me about it whenever we play. But it's also easy to throw your dice a bit more rigourously at these moments. That's when they're more likely to leave the table or knock stuff.
It's just grandad's hearing aid is a little sensetive :P

Also if people ask about me not using novelty dice I wont. Played canteloup at gert and we were talking about funny dice and how he didnt like them. When we drew each other I just made sure I went for the normal dice instead

NAF: Trainspotter

I am doing the Great North Run in aid of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Click here to donate http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GeorgeWilliams2