Mandatory Star Player in a tournament?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Long_Bomb
Veteran
Veteran

Mandatory Star Player in a tournament?

Post by Long_Bomb »

Has anyone played in or even heard of a tournament which requires at least one Star Player as part of the team build? I imagine you would need quite a large team build, maybe 120 TV, but I would quite like to see some of the old Stars dragged out for something like this.

Reason: ''
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Re: Mandatory Star Player in a tournament?

Post by nazgob »

I seem to recall that there was a tournament that did it. Can't remember which it was though.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

The White Isle Star Bowl did it last year, I think we had either 1200 or 1150 to spend, though if memory serves the star did count towards one of the 11.

It was loads of fun and teams were really varied, I think there was very little repetition of the stars and even Morg made an appearance.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
PeteW
Super Star
Super Star

Post by PeteW »

Indeed. It was the White Isle Star Bowl 2010. We had 40 coaches attending and saw 23 different stars! (I can give you the breakdown if you really want me to.) Most popular were Eldril and Boomer at 4 occurences each. Winner was Stick with CDs featuring ZZharg Madeye.

Rules: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4994437/WISB.pdf

I made it TV1150, but you could pick a star as one of your starting 11 (breaking the rules! Gasp!)

Everyone had fun!

NAFC 2014. Glowworm: "PeteW is definitely hotter than Lunchmoney."