GeordieBowl Friday Night?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

GeordieBowl Friday Night?

Post by Don__Vito »

Not sure how many of you who are coming are aiming to be up the Friday evening, but it's semi traditional that I meet you all in a pub near Central Station. Easy to find, cheap beer, and usually not too busy that you can't get sat down. Is anyone planning on being out in the Toon Friday evening, and if so, what times?

(Locals welcome of course for a pint and a bit of craic!)

Way aye pet man Ant and Dec etc...

Reason: ''
painted-by-g
Experienced
Experienced

Re: GeordieBowl Friday Night?

Post by painted-by-g »

Aye, I'll be up for a little session.

Don't mind where. As long as I can have a sit down and and there's only a slight 'air of menace', that's grand.

G

phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil78 »

We're planning to leave Edinburgh around 5 so looking forward to a few beers from around 8 hopefully.

KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

:P If anything goes well I will be in Newcastle around 21.30 (Thursday), so i'm more than ready for something friday night.

If anybody have time to show me around doing the day/afternoon it will be really appreciated

KFoged

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

I'm sadly at work until half five Friday Food. I'm going straight to the venue from work though aiming to be there by six, just to go up to the function room and set tables and chairs up. Then I'll be heading back to the Wetherspoons pub near Central Station and setting up shop in there from about seven. We usually sit in the bit on the right that tends to be full of leather sofas and is quieter than the rest so we all get sat down. Anyone planning on meeting can PM me for my mobile if you don't already have it?

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Got a few staying at mine in Durham at the weekend. We'll be staying in Durham on the Friday... but we will be fully at large on Saturday!!!

Couple of questions:
-what time is the meal Saturday night booked for?
-does the venue do breakfast / is there a nearby place that does a decent brekkie?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Think the meal is for seven on Saturday, and I have no idea about brekkie options. I'd be surprised if the venue didn't do it by the sounds of things, but will make enquiries. I know there is a supermarket within a ten minute walk so that should cover most things at the very worst?

ambush3
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ambush3 »

Where abouts in Durham will you be Friday night pippy? I'm staying in Durham with my mother so could be tempted out!

painted-by-g
Experienced
Experienced

Post by painted-by-g »

Doh. Don't think I can do Friday. Will deffo be up for a few pints after the games on Saturday neet.

Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

Well Saturday should be a couple of pints before lunch, a few in the afternoon, maybe some more before game three, then a couple before food, then... you get the idea?

We've already got Rumpoli's (Italians on the Toon side of the Quayside, five minute walk from venue) booked for Saturday night, all welcome including partners if people want to plan ahead?

mamapepe
Veteran
Veteran

Post by mamapepe »

Don__Vito wrote:Rumpoli's
= :)

NAF Toilet Inspector - blocking toilets since '87
KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

Don__Vito wrote:I'm sadly at work until half five Friday Food. I'm going straight to the venue from work though aiming to be there by six, just to go up to the function room and set tables and chairs up. Then I'll be heading back to the Wetherspoons pub near Central Station and setting up shop in there from about seven. We usually sit in the bit on the right that tends to be full of leather sofas and is quieter than the rest so we all get sat down. Anyone planning on meeting can PM me for my mobile if you don't already have it?
No worries :)

I will must likely find my way around - it had just been nice with some company :D

KFoged

hana_666
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hana_666 »

i was going to offer in people had nothing to do friday night to meet up with people but the Don allready has this organised lol

i can meet u a little earlier foged if your going to be bored maybe 4 ish or just meet u all at the pub later on :) cyas 2moz

purdindas
Super Star
Super Star

Post by purdindas »

Whats the name of the pub we're meeting in Dave? Me and Phil will make our way round once we're settled in :)

Have you tried my Crispy Pancakes?

Scottish Blood Bowl Captain
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Post by Don__Vito »

It's called "The Union Rooms". Same one as last year. Gave Phil the details already, any taxi driver will know it, it's the older of the two Wetherspoons near Central Station.