Advice wanted for Spiky Team

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

mathias
Veteran
Veteran

Advice wanted for Spiky Team

Post by mathias »

Hi guys I’ve signed up for the spikey open next month which will be my first tournament and I’ve decided to take my orcs, mainly because they’re the only team I’ve got fully painted completely by myself. Problem is though it’s been a long time since I’ve played BB competitively (think the last time was 2009ish) so it would be much appreciated if you would critique my roster and give me some advice about tournament play.

Here's my current roster:

Lineman x2
Thrower, Block
Blitzer x4
Black Orc x4 (1 with guard, 1 with tackle and guard)
3x RR

That leaves me with 130,000 Gp left to spend. The rules for the tournie are 1,200,000 and I can either take a star player paying the usual price or create up to four experienced players but they can’t have the same skills. Tactics with this team is pretty simple on attack, retrieve with my thrower then cage down the pitch killing and maiming as I go! I kinda like the team as is but I’m not sure whether I should drop a lino and spend the rest of the cash on a troll and gobo to open the TTM option. Any help or tips you gents could give would be a big help!

Reason: ''
Black orcs crack under pressure!
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Advice wanted for Spiky Team

Post by spubbbba »

I'd take Block on the 4 Black Orcs over the skills you have listed there.

Then if you have to pick 4 individual skills you can get Block on the thrower and Guard, MB and tackle on the Blitzers.

Or you could get a troll, gives you more strength and a sub if you take damage or decide to foul.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.