Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

DarkOrk20
Rookie
Rookie

Chromatic Cup '12 May 5th and 6th Near Toledo, Ohio

Post by DarkOrk20 »

Important Location Change: 30780 N. Greenbriar rd, Franklin, MI 48025
Flyingdingle has offered to let us use his house for this tourney. It should be a little closer for our Canadian friends and unfortunately a little farther for our Indiana friends. He has also offered to let people sleep over during the tourney but I will let him decide on how many and who.

5 games over 2 days

The new competition rules with the 3 NAF approved teams with the following

exceptions:

The kick-off table will be provided by us.
Weather will be set by the top table. Any changes will immediately be applied to the other tables. Even in mid-turn. There will be a special weather chart used in this event.
Only blocking casualties will count toward Most Casualties
Team value is 150. Build your best team by purchasing players and skills. The team must have a minimum of 11 players, excluding star players, and can include the following inducements:
Star player 0-1 (Stunty teams can have 0-2)
Bloodwieser Babes 0-2
Wandering Apoth 0-2
Halfing Chef 0-1
Bribes 0-3
Cards 50k and 100k. Only the cards provided by the TO will be used. These will be drawn new before each game. Use them this game only. New cards are drawn at the start of each game. All 50k cards are shuffled together and should be returned to the Organizer after the game. The same goes for the 100k cards.
Skill purchasing
Skills, doubles, and stat increase can be given per their cost.
Four of a skill may be given to the team at max. Example: Only four players may gain the Block skill.
Each stat (MA, ST, AG, AV) can only be purchased 1 time for the entire team. You can purchase multiple stat increases on the same player.
Only six skill/stats can be given to a player
You may use any fantasy football models. If using custom figures, please find a way to maximize your opponents recognition of your players. Color rings on the bases is recommended.
Last years returning champion will receive the "I love this game" promotional support. Ryan M. will have a free reroll throughout the tourney. In the event that our current favorite is not available, a previous returning champion will receive this: Jason K. followed by Jeremy M. followed by James T.
There will be a custom pitch used in this event. The rules for this will be gone over at the tournament.

There will be a unique kick off table which will tend to reduce turns per half and reduce the number of rerolls available to speed tourney play. Not unsimilar to previous Chromatic Cups.

This will be dubbed the "Tournament of Champions". Bring your best team and watch your opponent dismantle it. This years theme is Gladiatorial.

There will be another charity raffle for the Fallen Heroes Fund. I thought that last years raffle went really well so as soon as we collect $350 we will add a second painted team to the raffle and all tickets will be eligible to win the team of their choice. One of the teams is the Legio Dwarf (roman gladiators) painted by John. He is the one that painted the team last year. The other team was donated by Gaspez- Arts. It is this http://gaspez-arts.com/?go=store&cat=75 team (dark elves) being painted by Valdric. Anyone wishing to donate items to be given out at the raffle would be greatly appreciated. I would like to collect more than the $600 that we did last year. We may also do some fun things between rounds to help raise more money. Assuming I can come up with some ideas.

We are going to be giving away some big guy's as situational prizes. These will be specific prizes for specific situations. These are still being worked out but there will be a list before the tourney in case you want to gear your team towards these.

There will be some rules in place that may upset the normal expected balance of the game. If you are that worried about your NAF ranking, I would recommend bringing a team that you don't care about for your NAF ranking. One example is this, on each side of the gladiatorial pitch will be knife or other damaging object available to be used. That is your little teaser for this event. As usual for our tourney's, you won't know everything until you get there. That's what makes it fun.

Reason: ''
Thanks for listening.

If all else fails, read the fracking instructions.
Remember, no good deed goes unpunished, trust me!
DarkOrk20
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Chromatic Cup '12 May 5th and 6th Near Toledo, Ohio

Post by DarkOrk20 »

Udated post. Please visit http://chromatic-cup.com/ for any additional information.

Thanks for listening.

DarkOrk20
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DarkOrk20 »

Please note that there has been a change in venue. Many thanks to Flyingdingle for opening up his home to us for this tourney.

Thanks for listening.

Piousman
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Piousman »

DarkOrk20 wrote:Important Location Change: 30780 N. Greenbriar rd, Franklin, MI 48025
Flyingdingle has offered to let us use his house for this tourney. It should be a little closer for our Canadian friends and unfortunately a little farther for our Indiana friends. He has also offered to let people sleep over during the tourney but I will let him decide on how many and who.
Unfortunately, it is also 2x the distance for the (Central) Ohio and Pennsylvania friends. Will likely need to make a last minute decision on this.

Had a great deal of fun last year, and am looking forward to it again, should I be able to make it.

- Piousman

DarkOrk20
Rookie
Rookie

Post by DarkOrk20 »

It's only about an hour more I think. It shouldn't be too bad. The venue is a large home and he has offered to let anyone stay there that would like to. He would just like to know ahead of time.

Thanks for listening.

DarkOrk20
Rookie
Rookie

Who's Attending?

Post by DarkOrk20 »

I would like to get an estimate for those planning to attend so I know how much food I need to get. The venue is awesome. Everyone should be able to walk away with something from this tournament. Again this year, there will be some paper pitches available. Those are almost worth the price of admission by themselves. The Champion board will be based on cardboard again this year by Delevus.

So far:

Delevus
Flyingdingle
Falcon
Matie
unholyjedi
Spazzfist
Krannix +1(one day for the +1)

Thanks for listening.