Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

BBoing! is NOT bback - Norwich - 9/10 June

Post by Fat_Emrys »

21/5: BBoing! has been cancelled.

Unfortunately we've had to cancel BBoing! for this year.

It would appear that moving the event to June was, in hindsight, not quite as good an idea as we'd thought - it's just too close to the GT and Chaos Cup and also manages to conflict with a whole host of non-Bloodbowl related events (based on registrations within our own club).

Those who did register should be receiving their full refunds, of course.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the success of our first two-day tournament last year we're back with an identical rules pack and more silly certificates (see below) to be won. To keep you on your toes (and to avoid clashes with other events), BBoing! will be on 9th and 10th June rather than in September making it the best NAF-accredited tournament in the northern hemisphere that weekend.

Full details of the tournament are on the "Soon" tab of the club's tourney website - http://www.aftermath-tournament.co.uk/ - (it'll flip over onto the front page once our Warhammer Fantasy tournament's is out of the way in May) but the Paypal button's all set up and waiting to be clicked.

The rules pack is at http://www.aftermath-tournament.co.uk/B ... k_2012.pdf or (hopefully) attached to this post.

We've got space for around 40 entries. As with last year, any money received over the costs of hiring the hall will be spent on better food/drink on the weekend and better tournament prizes.

Please post any questions below or PM me if you prefer.

Silly Certificates

As well as the usual Overall Champion, 2nd Place, 3rd Place and Best Coach the following bonus awards will be, um, awarded:
  • Tournament MVP - goes to the individual player who earns the most SPP over their games
  • Most Offensive Team - goes to the team which scores the most touchdowns
  • Most Violent Team - goes to the team which causes the most SPP-scoring casualties
  • Best Comeback - goes to the team which shows most improvement after losing its first game
  • Sunday Best - goes to the team which climbs the leaderboard the furthest on Sunday
  • Worst Stamina - goes to the team which plummets furthest down the leaderboard on Sunday
  • Underdog Cup - will go to the best performing goblin, halfling, ogre or vampire team as long as we get 3 or more entrants (there'll even be a proper cup ... well, a mug ... for the winner)
  • Most Injured - goes to the team which suffers the most casualties from any cause (including self-inflicted)
  • Best Painted Team - goes to the coach who's done the best job of painting his team (note that only teams painted by the entrant are eligible)
  • The Ladle of Timber - goes to the strongest team (i.e. the one at the bottom of the table, holding everyone else up)

and, of course, the ever popular
  • S.Ch.Wi.N.G. award - goes to the team which scores the most “illegal” casualties

There may well be additional silly certificates - I'll add to the list as inspiration strikes.

Interested* Crimsonpilot, Sandwich, Chronos, hitonagashi, Darkson, greymurphy42, nonumber, inkpwn

Paid Rich, knowmad, apollo, dontcallmeflossy (plus others without TBB monickers that I know of)

* If you've asked a question or commented I'm assuming you're interested!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
BBoing! is NOT bback! - see here for details
SChWiNG - The Society of Chainsaw Wielding Naughty Goblins - needs you!
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: BBoing! is bback - Norwich - 9/10 June

Post by lunchmoney »

The Ladle of Timber - goes to the strongest team (i.e. the one at the bottom of the table, holding everyone else up)
:)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

:( I did try and get the SCHWiNG last time, but it turns out that Lizardmen just aren't suited to it.

Might come again, will see what I'm doing closer to the time, was fun last year!

Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fat_Emrys »

At least if you come this year we'll know the rule about surfing your own players. :)

The SChWiNG Award's always popular, as are the Most Violent Team and Most Injured (which is rather odd).

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Hmm, my brother lives in Colchester - makes the journey easier, so I'm going to check my rota to see if this is doable.

Do have a question though. If my initial team came to 1,080,000 initially, could I "save" that 20,000 for the Sunday, or would it be lost?
I suppose an easier way to ask is: "1.1milll - use it or lose it?"

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fat_Emrys »

It's "use it or lose it" for the initial 1.1 million. If your build leaves you with 10,000 to 40,000 spare then I'd spend it on cheerleaders and assistant coaches (or even an extra player if you're entering the Underdog Cup).

greymurphy42
Experienced
Experienced

Post by greymurphy42 »

Fat_Emrys wrote:At least if you come this year we'll know the rule about surfing your own players. :)

The SChWiNG Award's always popular, as are the Most Violent Team and Most Injured (which is rather odd).
I shall just have to try to get more players injured this year! I only missed out on most injured by 2 points...

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

I just clicked on this out of curiousity and I have to say, it looks like a lot of fun, put me down as interested and if I'm not moving into a new house that weekend (a possibility) I will attend :D

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Blood Bowl tourny on my twenty second birthday, *huhmmmmm*, cool. I will try to make, depends on money, I have two tournys to go to in may and a really important one in july.
Certificates look fun though, got any advice on local hotels and food eaterys?

Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fat_Emrys »

You don't want to move house on your birthday - that sounds dreadful. A tournament sounds like much more fun.

There's a "luxury guest house" across the road from the venue (http://www.bnbselect.com/bnb/31250) although I've no idea what it's like, the photos look reasonable. Norwich also has the usual Premier Inn travesties nearby (the one on Duke Street is marginally closer, I think) as well as a selection of decent hotels. Let me know the sort of place you're looking for and I'll do some digging for info. Same goes for eateries - if there are enough entries there'll be a fish supper after Saturday's games (if we don't get enough entries this will be subsidised as much as we can afford it to be). Beyond that, let me know what your preferences are and I'll ask our local members for recommendations (although I'd be wary of any establishment that allows members of our club in).

One thing I will guarantee - if you come there'll definitely be birthday cake.

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Thats awesome! Thank you. :)
Is the venue anywhere near a train station?

Fat_Emrys
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fat_Emrys »

It's just over 2 miles away from (Norwich) station. Coming from Somerset I'm guessing you'd be coming via London. You'd have to catch the 06:45 (ouch) from Liverpool Street to arrive in time if you were thinking of travelling up on the Saturday - hence your query about somewhere to stay, I suspect! :)

inkpwn
Raspberry Mage

Post by inkpwn »

Thank you, I'm most likely heading up on the Friday :)

Aftermath
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Aftermath »

If anyone is planning on coming via train. There is a premier inn opposite the train station (NR1 1DX norwich nelson city centre). Which has a black cab rank to take you the 1.3miles to the venue.

hope that helps

inkpwn wrote:Thats awesome! Thank you. :)
Is the venue anywhere near a train station?

Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

Ill be there... Really enjoyed last year. Hopefully joemanji wont cheat again! lol