Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: NAF Championship Best Painted Team

Post by nobby »

axiom wrote:
Darkson wrote:
axiom wrote:I think it would have been fairly simple after the first round to have asked all the players to set up their teams over lunch to allow the judges to walk around at leisure and see the teams plus any display bases.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Can tell it was your first BB tourney. I don't know if it's a gamer thing or a BB thing, but tell coaches to do one thing, and more than half of them will do the exact opposite! We tried that at my tourney a coupke of years agl, and managed to get pics of only 12 of the 36 teams there, and 5 of them were from my own club!
Must be a BB thing then ;) My suggested system has been in use at every 40k tournament I've been to
I was going to suggest this as well, ever tournament I have ever been to uses this method and it seemed to work. The judges make the selection and on the second day the players vote for top 10 or whatever.

Reason: ''
NAF: nobbynobbs
Stig
Experienced
Experienced

Re: NAF Championship Best Painted Team

Post by Stig »

Thadrin wrote:Just so I know: who DID win?
It was me-only just registered for TFF last week, but hey better late than never! I've put the team up on coolminiornot. Photos didn't come out great though:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/309632?browseid=5588497

As was said, I do think its important to make them look like a blood bowl team. I do agree lighting in '12 was terrible, as was the low table-but the '13 painting comp was much better lit, and had a much better table and space for display.

Reason: ''