Danish Open 2012: Plead from a Blood Bowl Player.

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Danish Open 2012: Plead from a Blood Bowl Player.

Post by Afroman »

I'm going to participate in the Danish Open this weekend. My very first NAF-sanctioned tournament. I know it's going to be a BLAST!

There is a problem thou...
I did have to make certain promises to my better half in order to get "Permission" to spend the entire weekend away from wife and kids. She is a very understanding soul, and knows all about my obsession with flings. Sha also knows that You don't win [Understatement]everytime[/Understatement] when playing the little buggers. She is almost fine with that.

This weekend I'm going to play Undead, and I told her so. THis is how the conversation went:
She: Are you going to compete with halflings?
Me: No, I though I would be more competitive and revive my Undead team.
She: Undead? Are they good?
Me: Good? sure, they are one of the best teams to play at this kind of Tournaments!
She: Then you will win then?
Me: I'm certainly goint to try!
She: I hope you win, because otherwise I don't see the point of you spending money and time away from us to lose.
Me: But honey, there are going to be some really good coaches in this tournament. I cannot garantee I'l come first.
She: Then I cannot garantee You'll have time to go to another tournament....Darling.
Me:I understand.....

So the plead to all of you who may play against me this weekend.....PLEASE LET ME WIN! My BLOODBOWL FUTURE COULD BE AT STAKE!

Have a nice day fellow coaches.
/Afroman

PS. :P

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: Danish Open 2012: Plead from a Blood Bowl Player.

Post by spubbbba »

Well you are tempting Nuffle’s wrath by abandoning flings for powergamey Undead. Plus by “wasting” time with a woman you are cutting in to valuable Bloodbowl playing time, don’t you know that the top players are all bitter, lonely individuals. ;)

Should results not go your way you could always buy a trophy or certificate and pretend you did well, maybe 3rd place?

Either that or make a zon team as a tribute to her at the next tournament. Say you are using the team to spread the word of what an amazing other half you have. :D

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

The Danish Open was not a good choice if you want to win. The british are coming :)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Although all the best players are at Cakebowl, natch.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Wightlord
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Wightlord »

You need to convince your wife that winning is relative and then set easily achievable goals..ie "Its my first Tournament with undead so two wins is good if I can grab a draw as well and that sets me up for future glory!"

Then just keep changing teams/goals :D

Things you never expect to hear in a sane world......"I went home a broken man. Contemplating my place in a universe where Shaniepoo was king" - No Number
And..."Shaniepoo is our glorious champion!" - Leipziger