Khemri Cup

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

Khemri Cup

Post by KhorneliusPraxx »

WARNING: THIS IS A FLUFF BASED TOURNAMENT.
SEE SPECIAL RULES BELOW.

:D

The Tomb Kings have invited teams from around the world to play for their amusement.

DATE:
Saturday, SEPTEMBER 8, 2012
Kick-off at 9am

WHERE:
Carbondale Civic Center
Carbondale, Illinois

COST:
$15 Pre-registration (August 31st deadline), $20 at the door
The Khemri Cup is just one of the many events taking place at Little Egypt Wars. The cost is technically the price to get into convention with a $5 tournament fee added to go toward prizes. Although starting rosters will need to be sent to me the fee will need to be sent via paypal to the convention itself or you can just pay at the door. I will post a link to the Pre Registration site as soon as it is up and running.

BASIC TOURNAMENT RULES:
-4 Games
-Any official team in the Blood Bowl Competition Rules are welcome, as well as the three new races, Slann, Chaos Pact, and Underworld Creepers.
-Tournament will be League style and NOT a resurrection style tournament. So any injuries your team suffers will carry over to the next game, and any SPPs they earn will add up. We will be doing the full Pre-Match and Post-Match Sequences and inducements will be used.
-Rosters should be TV 1000k and there will be NO Journeymen, Mercenaries, or Star Players allowed in the first round.

Teams from around the world have been invited to play for the Tomb King's amusement but the location will have two major effects on the tournament: Khemri's weather and inhabitants. Sure the teams have come to this desolate land to play but their fans didn't make the trip...in fact, there are no other beings here other than the local inhabitants.

***SPECIAL KHEMRI RULES***
(The following applies to all teams!)
*Weather will be rolled for by the top table at the beginning of each round. The weather result will apply to everyone’s games. (There will be a special weather table to represent Khemri-I will post it as soon as it is written)
*The only Star Players that will be available are: Sinnedbad (80k), Hack Enslash (120k), Humerus Carpal (130k), Ithaca Benoin (220k), Setekh (220k), and Ramtut III (380k)
*All games in a round are happening at the same time and a player can't be two places at once. Pre-Match sequences will start at the top table first and work their way down. Once a star is taken, he will not be available for any of the remaining games that round. If both players in the same match pay the same star, he will take the cash and not play for either...thus making himself available for a different match that round.
*All Journeymen will have to be Skeletons.
*The only Mercenaries available are: Skeletons (70k), Thro-Ras (100k), Blitz-Ras (120k), and Tomb Guardians (130k). You can add 50k to this cost to give them a regular skill as normal.
*If, any time after game one, you have earned enough winnings to do so, you can buy permanent players for your team but they may only be Skeletons, Thro-Ras, Blitz-Ras, and Tomb Guardians at their normal Khemri prices.

We plan to have models for all the stars and plenty of models to represent your teams newly acquired Khemri teammates so don't worry, you don't have to supply your own. :D

KHEMRI CUP SCHEDULE:
Little Egypt Wars has a set schedule consisting of 3 slots (9AM-1PM, 2PM-6PM, 7PM-11PM). Due to the nature of a tournament like this we will have to follow our own schedule. Games will start at 9am so please arrive early enough to get registered and be settled in at your assigned Round 1 table. After 2 games we will have a lunch break and then finish up the last two rounds. Hopefully, everything runs smoothly and we all have a good time.

Things To Bring:
-Your Painted Team
-Your friends and family that also enjoy games. There will be plenty of other games going on at Little Egypt Wars too (Cards, Boardgames, miniatures, role-playing) so even if they don't like Blood Bowl, bring them anyway.
-If you have them Bloodbowl Board, dugouts, and templates.
-Copy of the Blood Bowl Competition Rules. Available to download from this link http://zlurpcast.com/JP/CRaP-LRB6.pdf
Don't forget the rules for the three new races. (Chaos Pact, Slann, Underworld) http://zlurpcast.com/JP/NewTeams2008_LRB5.pdf

Illegal Procedure:
In the spirit of good sportsmanship, Illegal Procedures will not be called. The 4-minute turn rule will not be strictly enforced. But if the Tournament Referee feels the game may not finish in the 2-hour time allotted, he may insist you use a timer and begin enforcing the 4-minute rule.

Dice:
Before each match you and your opponent should agree on one set of blocking dice, 2d6, and 1d8 to share throughout the match. Blocking dice should be either GW, or NAF dice only.

Scoring:
Win=2
Tie=1
Loss=0
Tiebreakers will be,
1. Head to head Matchup
2. Strength of Schedule
3. Tournament Organizer decision
The tournament will be using a Swiss system to handle matchups, and the big tie breaker will be your strength of schedule, calculated by the average of your opponents tournament score.

Painting:, and Modeling requirements:
All teams are expected to meet the minimum painted guidelines. They must have 3 colors on them and no metal showing. Non standard or converted minis are acceptable, but we must be able to easily tell the positions apart. You will not be allowed to proxy minis in any way that can confuse an opponent. “This woodelf lineman is actually a catcher.” If you have any doubt at all about your team please message me here or email me and we will discuss it, KhorneliusPraxx@yahoo.com I should have 2-3 extra teams there for people to use if anybody wants to play but doesn't have a team.

Sportsmanship:
We are here for the fun of the game. Sportsmanship is not encouraged from the coaches, it is required! To make sure that everyone who attends will have fun the Tournament official will issue a warning to anyone who is taking away from the fun environment we are looking for. If the behavior continues you will be asked to leave the tournament. Arguing with the tournament organizer or in any way showing them up can also result in a warning. An important note on sportsmanship. Fouling 16 turns in a row and running up the score is not poor sportsmanship. But gloating and ridiculing your opponent while doing so is. Remember we are here to have a good time. The Tournament organizer would love to hear stories of any opponent that you have that showed great sportsmanship. He would also like to hear stories of any bad situations so that he may correct them.

Reason: ''
Barney the Lurker
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Khemri Cup

Post by Barney the Lurker »

That looks pretty cool. The only thing i'd change is have the star players going from the bottom table up.

KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

I am so glad that was the first reply. Whew!

I was really afraid I was going to get slammed hard and told I was stupid. ;-)

I think the stars would prefer to play for the winners. ;-)

Having to do the Prematch sequence, this will end up being kind of a staggered start. I assume the top tables will be the faster players will be available earlier than a lot of the slower players. Honestly, unless somebody's team gets DESTROYED, I don't see the Stars or Mercenaries coming into play much. Journeymen, however, that will be a different story. I hope to take plenty of pictures of what some of these teams look like by round 4. :-)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Top tables are normally the slower players, as they do strange things like thinking about their turns. ;-)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

KhorneliusPraxx wrote:Honestly, unless somebody's team gets DESTROYED, I don't see the Stars or Mercenaries coming into play much. Journeymen, however, that will be a different story. I hope to take plenty of pictures of what some of these teams look like by round 4. :-)
I like that conditional use of star players and the effect of enabling away from resurrection tourneys!

Consider it stolen!!! :D

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

I just primed all 6 Stars and need to start painting.

Ithica, Carpal, and Sinnedbad are all unique model and I can't wait to see what they look like once they are finished.

Pics coming as soon as they are done.

KhorneliusPraxx
Experienced
Experienced

http://warhorn.org/little-egypt-wars-fall-2012/

Preregistration discount deadline is August 31st.

after registering, please send you roster to KhorneliusPraxx@yahoo.com