First tournament (and matches): skaven 1250 TV resurrection

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tempest2
Rookie
Rookie

First tournament (and matches): skaven 1250 TV resurrection

Post by Tempest2 »

In just a few days I will be participating in my first tournament and real life blood bowl tournament.
So far I have only played the computer game a few times so help with the lineup would be appreciated.

Rules:
Skills (including doubles and stats), star players, inducements can be bought at the normal price, we can play with a star player if we have hired 11 other players.

Tournament style:
3 rounds
resurrection tournament

So I was thinking about the following setup:
2 blitzers
4 gutter runners
2 throwers
4 Lineman
2 rerolls
1 apothecary

I'm not certain whether the apothecary will be usefull since it is resurrection style.

Also skill wise what is the best in this kind of tournament, I am having my doubts whether to spread the skills out a bit or get 2 or 3 monster players.

Skills that I had in mind:
leader on one of the throwers, accurate on the other
claw + MB on one of the blitzers, guard on the other
2 runners with block, the other 2 wrestle + strip ball
I still have to calculate the total tv but it should be close.

Reason: ''
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Re: First tournament (and matches): skaven 1250 TV resurrect

Post by spubbbba »

I make your team to be 1240, 1010 for the team and 230 for the skills.

Are there any restrictions on duplication of skills or how many you can stack on a player? Also can stats be bought?

What you have looks good though I’d probably drop accurate on the thrower for tackle on the guard blitzer. In fact you don’t really need a 2nd thrower so may want to take a 5th lino and used the 20K saved to buy another skill. I don’t think you need 2 strip ball players as it is not that useful a skill on a ST2 model, dauntless or tackle may be better.

If you can take 3 skills on a player then adding Piling on to the blitzer will make him lethal. Depending on how good you are at chainpushing you may want to make a gutter into a 1 turner by adding sprint, sure feet and/or sidestep. When kicking and facing a standard 8 turn grind then keep him safe to try and equalise/win on your T8.

An apoth is useful in tournaments as you can use it on any positional players that get BH’d early on as they will automatically be able to play after that drive. Don’t forget you can use it on a KO if that player is vital to your own drive. If facing an undead or necro team it can stop them getting a free zombie too.

Reason: ''
My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.