Thrudball 2012: The thank you Frank thread

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

antipixi
Star Player
Star Player

Thrudball 2012: The thank you Frank thread

Post by antipixi »

Having just got back from Thrudball, all I can say is what a class weekend! Thank you Frank! You have worked wonders yet again. Sorry for having to nip off early after the last game, I look forward to see the final standings.

I would also like to thank the campers and early arrivers on the friday for a very entertaining evening large referring to all the Pringlefister comments! By him and at him.

Thank you to all my opponents (even Glowworm, who mutilated my orcs with his gobbos and who should really have beaten me rather than draw). To Al, I hope you enjoyed our rather short lived game despite the dice have serious issues with anything that you wanted to do.

Also thanks to Phil, Joe and Dave for my introduction to Agricola (and your Gran!). This game is going on my to buy list!

Thank you to the last minute caterers, who did a sterling job and made the food good and plentiful.

Hope I can make this one next year.

:D

Reason: ''
PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM WALES!
Glowworm

Re: Thrudball 2012: The thank you Frank thread

Post by Glowworm »

Second that, possibly my best Thrud ever (thats my 4th) great weekend, top atmosphere and 6 different races played against (always makes my tourneys better)
antipixi wrote:Thank you to all my opponents (even Glowworm, who mutilated my orcs with his gobbos and who should really have beaten me rather than draw).
Fair result TBH, your tissue paper armoured Black Orc's eventually figured out who to hit!! finished on 2/2/2 so completly average.....which is good for me!

see you all next year.

Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

Fantastic weekend, thanks to FRANK, GAZ, AL & all involved in running/helping out. Thanks to Mark & the fill in caterers for the great grub :-)

Also...

Thanks to Rich for the CD fun & the rides to & from Sunny Bognor.
Joemanji for a masterclass in caging & "Peekaboo" blitzing!
Wightlord for being so sporting even when decimating my team.
Pringlefister for getting fisted by my team
Necro for the thoroughly entertaining Flingathon with faulty stolen re-rolls
Gercon for the most infuriatingly unkillable werewolf and tense game which felt closer than the score indicated!

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King
elrodentus
Rookie
Rookie

Post by elrodentus »

Had a great time, even if I only came away with the Most Thrudded award...

Thanks Frank for a great weekend and thanks to everyone for making my first tournament a nice and relaxed one :)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Buggrit wrote:Joemanji for a masterclass in caging & "Peekaboo" blitzing!
I'm curious now.....
Buggrit wrote:Pringlefister for getting fisted by my team
Again :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
vmcat
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vmcat »

Many thanks to Frank for organizing a great event as usual, and thanks to Al and Gaz for their help..
Thanks to all my opponents and finally big thanks to all who voted for my team as best painted: its nice to have your work appreciated...
See you all next year!!

Winner: ARBBL 2015, Exiles 2011
Runner-up: LongBombBrawl 2017, Exiles 2014, Cake 2013, Cam-Dub 2013, Bunker III, STABB II, ARBBL 2012, ACC 2011
Most Cas: Gert Bowl 2012, ARBBL 2011, Thrudball 2009
Most TDs: Cake 2016, ACC 2014, Exiles 2014
mrbrownesquire
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mrbrownesquire »

Another great year, thanks to Frank again, as well as to his family for sorting out the food situation when the caterers pull out.

Six great opponents; it is great to meet new people, something not as easy at the GT.

My only gripe is that I have now played 36 games over six thrudball events and have yet to have Thrud in a match. The odds are clearly not in my favour!

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

mrbrownesquire wrote:My only gripe is that I have now played 36 games over six thrudball events and have yet to have Thrud in a match. The odds are clearly not in my favour!
Unlike poor Purplegoo who had the "pleasure" 3 times (or was it 4) this year.

If Frank lets me help with the admin again next year, just give me a little reminder that you want to have one of your matches Thrudded!

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Maybe you should "Auction" Thrud for 6 games, different coaches each game however you dont have to have him on YOUR pitch if you win the auction, you could bid for him to take part in someone elses game....... :D

musicwithrocksin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by musicwithrocksin »

I don't post on forums often, but I also want to congratulate Frank and his team of helpers for a great weekend and to thank every single one of my opponents. Such high levels of sportsmanship is great and is what makes all the distance travelled worthwhile. Six top class games and I learned something in all of them!
Thank you all again and hope to see you next year for a bit more Thrudding. Hope we raised plenty of money for the cause.
Andrew
ps - cheers again to Buggrit for his varnishing plan in 2010!