One day tournament planning - questions!

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

dsavillian
Veteran
Veteran

One day tournament planning - questions!

Post by dsavillian »

The league I am a commissioner in is kicking around the idea of running a 1 day tournament for the Calgary, Red Deer, Lethbridge and Edmonton folk here in Alberta, Canada. We were going to try a 2 day tournament but figured that a one day-er would be a better way to get our feet wet before trying a 2 day-er!

My questions for you are regarding what you would expect from a 1-day tournament, what you would pay and what kind of format you would prefer! So here goes:

- 3 or 4 games for a 1-day tournament? (Assume 2-2.5 hours per game for a 3 game tournament, 1.5-2 hours for a 4 game).
- Would the standard swiss style tournament work for a 3 game tournament, or is there something better for a small tournament?
- How much would you pay for a 1 day tournament (assume 3 games) - swag not included? What would you pay if swag (custom dice perhaps) was included? Assume reasonable prizes are included in your entry fee.
- Would you travel for a one day tournament? If so, how far?
- What kind of prizes and/or swag would help convince you to play in a 1 day tournament?

Thanks for all your feedback!

Reason: ''
Coach of the Fancy Lads
Blood Bowl League of Calgary
http://twitter.com/bloodbowlcgy
@dsavillian on twitter

It's called Blood Bowl, not Fun Bowl
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Re: One day tournament planning - questions!

Post by DixonCider »

make sure that there is a really good first prize for me :lol:

Glowworm

Re: One day tournament planning - questions!

Post by Glowworm »

Epic PM sent