2nd ARBBL?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Would you attend a 2nd ARBBL (late Oct/Nov)?

Yes, but I'd prefer an event as in the OP
No votes
Yes, but I'd perfer a Team Event
63%
Yes, and I don't care which format
25%
No
13%

Total votes: 16

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: 2nd ARBBL?

Post by Darkson »

Yep, but that's over all TVs and all types of tourneys.
I found the list for TV 120, but not sure if that's LRB6 or not.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I don't believe it is, hence the link to the LRB6 list (numbers of games/tournaments just don't add up otherwise).

I think the general gist is there though, particularly as it only/mainly seems to cover TV1000-1200 range in reset format; so as a barometer for team performance, it might not be the worst starting point in the world.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Had a play, and Score can cope with teams and my scoring system - yay!
Would save day 1, then change all the teams for day 2 (and upload to the NAF site separately).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Based on feedback, and my own thoughts, I'm going to contact a few people within he community to see their thoughts on the tiers, but this will wait until a) Xmas, and b) once I get the green light, so I'd expect there might be some changes to the list I've given.
Still very much in my thoughts though.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

I'd be careful about using the word "Legal" in declaring "Stunty Cup Legal Lizardman/Underworld", especially as All Skink teams have been stronger than the other Stunties in the past (mainly due to MV 8), and "No Skaven" Underworld have often brought Stars in to compensate (including Skitter!).

Other than that I'm not sure Nurgle deserve to be in the same tier as say, Humans. Maybe worth dropping to Tier 3?

Personally speaking I think you'll end up with teams of players taking:
Maxed out Tier 1 cheese, plus Star Player heavy Halflings/Goblins
OR
Tricked up Tier 2, plus clever build Tier 3
with most combos likely to be the first lot.

If that happens, then you're likely making the result of the event more about when people take the Tier 4 (Sat or Sun).

Just my thoughts......

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Podfrey wrote:I'd be careful about using the word "Legal" in declaring "Stunty Cup Legal Lizardman/Underworld", especially as All Skink teams have been stronger than the other Stunties in the past (mainly due to MV 8), and "No Skaven" Underworld have often brought Stars in to compensate (including Skitter!).
Well, taking Skritter no longer makes it Stunty Cup legal :wink: , but yeah, I see what you mean. I limited the ARBBL to 0-1 Stars, so maybe I'll do the same here.

Cheers Geoff.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Based on feedback, updated tiers.

Tier 1:
Amazons
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Lizardman
Necromantic
Norse
Orc
Skaven
Undead
Wood Elf

Tier 2:
Chaos
Chaos Pact
High Elf
Humans
Elf
Slann

Tier 3:
Khemri (Tier 2?)
Nurgle’s Rotters
Underworld
Vampire
Stunty Cup-legal Lizardmen

Tier 4:
Goblin
Halfling
Ogre
Stunty Cup-legal Underworld

Podfrey wrote:If that happens, then you're likely making the result of the event more about when people take the Tier 4 (Sat or Sun).
Perhaps say highest tier Saturday, lowest Sunday (can choose if you're taking 2 tier 3s or 4s)?

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Any more development on the 2nd ARBBL meeting happening this year? Dont want to sound pushy, but I love the idea, just wish to make sure I can get the time off for it.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just waiting on getting the green light from one of the venues.
Once we get that (which I think is 95% certain), then this will go ahead.

nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

yes yes yes! this will also break the girlfriends tournament virginity, sound slike a great idea and love the idea of using two teams of varying skill levels.

NAF: nobbynobbs
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Quote has been given for a hall, and letter has been sent to commitee asking for confirmation of use of it.

Already got 4+ teams interested (2xARBBL, 1 from Geordieland, at least 1 from Exiles).

More info once (if!) we get the ok from the commitee.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote: Already got 4+ teams interested (2xARBBL, 1 from Geordieland, at least 1 from Exiles).
I reckon we've got 2 teams :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

In the news you've all, well, most, er... some, umm... a few, ah nobody? has been waiting for....

This is now......

CONFIRMED!!!!

Will get a thread up for it now: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=37853