2nd ARBBL?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Would you attend a 2nd ARBBL (late Oct/Nov)?

Yes, but I'd prefer an event as in the OP
No votes
Yes, but I'd perfer a Team Event
63%
Yes, and I don't care which format
25%
No
13%

Total votes: 16

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: 2nd ARBBL?

Post by Darkson »

firebreather wrote:P.S took the family to Andover last weekend, that'll teach em :wink:
Are you angling for a divorce (only reason I can think of for voluntarily bringing the family here!).

I am in the process of writing up a draft rule-pack to submit to Pippy, and a friendly tech-guru (aka Podfrey) has said he thinks Score will cope with what I need, but he will look for me.
I'm going to submit to the two local Scout groups about getting one of the halls for the weekend - if that is okayed, then this will happen.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Draft rulepack.

I know it needs work, but please have a look through it.

1. Are the tiers ok, or do some teams need to change (concerned at the lack of tier 3?)
2. I feel the team selection wording needs to be clearer - any suggestions?
3. It's not spell-checked!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Downloaded.
Having a read a work.
Will post thoughts after.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:Having a read a work.
Disgusting. Fancy having a job where you can surf the net and read stuff.

Oh, wait... :oops:

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:
lunchmoney wrote:Having a read a work.
Disgusting. Fancy having a job where you can surf the net and read stuff.

Oh, wait... :oops:
Yeah, t'is mostly good, but annoyingly my website is filtered for reasons of "sport", yet it has no sporting words in the url, and TalkFantasyFootball gets right through....

Re your rules:

“Rules” on page 3 seem straight forward and nothing out of the ordinary.
What’s your beef with the wizard?

“Team Event” makes sense to me. The Teams are 3 coaches who all must have 2 races chosen for the team. I might just clarify that it means the Team will have 6 races represented. Just to be absolutely clear.

“Skills” are straight forward: 5 skills on each race, one of which a double’s choice. No stacking. Seems familiar ;)

“Roster selection” I must spend 5 points. So if I take a 1 point race I must take a 4 point race for the choice. Of course I can take two 3 point teams if the fancy takes me. Anyone wanting to compete with a “power” team must also show their competence with a lower level team. Makes sense to me. However, the thought occurs to me that I could game the system a little (not that I would, you know me better than that, but someone might do, even unintentionally). EG I think I’m OK with Goblins, so take them on Saturday with the aim to hold my own, maybe get a loss, draw, win. Then take a wood elf team on Sunday and power game my way up the ladder to sit pretty at or near the top (not that I could ever expect to that). Is this even a problem? Or am I seeing issues that don’t exist?
edit: on reflection, that is the whole point, isn't it? I'll shut up now.

Otherwise nothing leaps out at me at the moment.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

lunchmoney wrote:edit: on reflection, that is the whole point, isn't it? I'll shut up now.
Yep, that's the point. It's also why I've said I need the team selections in advance. I don't want someone turning up on the Saturday and going "oh, all the stuntys are on today, I'll take Dwarfs then".

Maybe I should add a penalty for not declaring the teams (to me, obviously - no need to tell everyone) in advance...

Oh, and the plan is that I don't play (boo hoo).

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Looks good to me, except for the grammar in this sentence: "you roster’s race and team name as soon as
you can". Not sure if you want the whole roster? Or just the race and team name?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Cheers Mike - that's actually just a copy/paste from the normal rulepack.

I'll change it to "I need the name and race of both your Saturday and Sunday roster asap".
Better?

Perhaps each team should have a captain who submits the information?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Darkson wrote:Perhaps each team should have a captain who submits the information?
That would solve a lot of admin for you.
The team captain would, surely, be involved in his/her's team's choices and could email the lot to you in one go.
The TC could also collect monies from the members and settle with you in one go.

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Given the distribution of the races within the tiers, would allowing duplication of Tiers 3 and 4 within a team be ok (obviously a player would still need to play two different races)?

Code: Select all

Each team must consist of 3 players. Tier 1 & 2 races cannot be duplicated across the team (so you can only have one Wood Elf team, not 2 or 3). Tier 3 & 4 races may be duplicated within a team, but each coach cannot take the same race twice.
I'll put the tiers here for reference:

Tier 1:
Amazons
Chaos Dwarf
Dark Elf
Dwarf
Lizardman
Necromantic
Norse
Orc
Skaven
Undead
Wood Elf

Tier 2:
Chaos
Chaos Pact
High Elf
Humans
Nurgle’s Rotters
Elf
Slann

Tier 3:
Khemri (Tier 2?)
Underworld
Vampire

Tier 4:
Goblin
Halfling
Ogre
Stunty Cup-legal Lizardmen (Tier 3?)
Stunty Cup-legal Underworld

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Also, from some feedback and help I've had (cheers ceetee):

Yes, Stab counts for Cas (added to the pack).
Ignore the final "Roster Info" paragraph - that's a direct copy&paste and has been superseded above.

firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

Might be an idea to increase the amount of Teams in Tier 3, perhaps move slann down

Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Slann are tier 2?! I would place them in 4c :-)

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I'd perhaps move Nurlge down to 3 and Stunty Lizards up to 3.
Darkson wrote:Given the distribution of the races within the tiers, would allowing duplication of Tiers 3 and 4 within a team be ok (obviously a player would still need to play two different races)
ummm.... As it stands you have 8 teams in 3+4, this does give room to play around in the squad. I think perhaps moving one or two teams up and down the ladder would be in order, but stick to the point and have no duplication. At the very least this way will see most, if not all, of the 24 being played at the weekend :)

lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

2nd ARBBL?

Post by Shteve0 »

http://naf.talkfantasyfootball.org/lrb6.html

Have you seen these stats? Just curious.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co