Source code to Score! available

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Source code to Score! available

Post by HairyPete77 »

Personally an iOS app wouldn't be the first thing that I'd look to do with the source code.

A refresh of the functionality to perhaps make it a bit friendlier for TOs in terms of getting teams, rule sets and scores updated as well as a better way of producing the round updates - maybe with exporting to Twitter/FB etc.

An app that let me keep up to date with the progress of tournaments or leagues around the world would be cool. The NAF database could be the central store and the TOs and league organisers publish results and other updates to the NAF. Users could then login to the app (using their NAF name) and subscribe to updates on events from around the world.

A modified version of Score could allow TOs to publish updates during events that are then pushed to this app via the NAF database.

As an aside the app could also include a copy (link?) to the latest rules and rule clarifications for Blood Bowl as well as the tournament packs for each event.

Just a few ideas.

Pete

Reason: ''
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Well, first of all, let me come right out and state that I don't know if I'll be able to make any changes to the existing Score app. I'm not familiar with the language it's written in, I don't have tools or compilers to be able to rebuild it. What I'm hoping I can do is crib some ideas from the original source code and write an updated application. Maybe that app will be available for Mac or Windows, but I'm personally interested in iOS development, and I think there are a lot of interesting features that I may be able to integrate from a mobile standpoint (such as location detection or barcode reading via the camera). I'm not saying that I won't be able to make a version for a standard desktop computer, just that I don't see it being my focus right now.

I am interested in hearing people's wishlists of features they would like to see. A couple ideas I had:

- Integration with NAF website for retrieving coach details (build offline DB for when no internet access)
- Option to use coach hometown/last name to try to avoid initial pairings between coaches from same leagues/families
- Ability to tag tournaments with specific location details, so that NAF website can give accurate directions
- Possibly integrate a barcode into a printable "NAF ID" so that registration for a tournament could consist of just photographing the barcode
- Preparing web pages with detailed breakdown of tournament results after event, suitable for posting on a website/tweeting, perhaps automatic upload (if user provides FTP details/dropbox ID)

Just some random thoughts. Give me your ideas and brainstorms.

Milo

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Make this 'appen, surely?

Anyhoo, lots of the answers would be similar to those here: http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 34&t=39811

I've done a bit of work on changing the score output files to make it simple to upload to a website, hence the NAFC stuff, but it could definitely be made easier again. Will document in the Score wiki at some point.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Earbender
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Earbender »

Hi,

sorry for reactivating this post, but I want to inform you guys I'm busy with adding some features. Last weekend with used the Score application together with Telegram. Like that, we had the following functionality:
- register through the telegram app
- broadcast the new round to every telegram user individually
- allow the players to register the result of the game themself.

This was a real success, so I want to polish the program and for that I would be happy to do more on it. But for that I want to have access to the source code. The url provided is not working anymore.

A hopefull programmer that wants to improve the system.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

What's Telegram app?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging and voice over IP service. Telegram client apps are available for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows NT, macOS and Linux. Users can send messages and exchange photos, videos, stickers, audio and files of any type

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telegram_(software)

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Ah similar to WhatsApp. Handy.

Pushing tourney updates automatically to an app (or even a webpage) is something I asked about some time ago. Look forward to seeing your updates :) (If you can).

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95