South-West Tournament Championship '13 - Cracol and Loki WIN

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: South-West Tournament Championship

Post by Glowworm »

Worth noting that the top 2, in whichever order ( :wink: ) both got qualifying scores with the same 2 teams. Undead & Woodelves....

@cracol, congrats mate.
@hawk, your still "king of the car" buddy

Reason: ''
Hawk
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hawk »

glowworm wrote:Worth noting that the top 2, in whichever order ( :wink: ) both got qualifying scores with the same 2 teams. Undead & Woodelves....

@cracol, congrats mate.
@hawk, your still "king of the car" buddy
Thanks Si... King of the Car baby! 8)

Well done Cracol :D (next time Gadget, Next time!) :x :lol:

Cake Bowl league
Winner: Exiles V, ExeBowl 1 , Auldworld masters
Runner up: Crumb bowl 2, Vault Bowl 2013, Crumb bowl 3, Cakebowl 5, Bunker Bowl IV, AWM 11
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

7th - I'll take that.

Congrats to Cracol.

Thanks to Hawca for the idea, and props to lunchmoney for doing all the maths stuff.
Let's see if we can get more participants next year, and if I can do better ( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ).

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Itchen Masack wrote:Gratz to Loki for the stunty win :-) Not sure I've ever met you, but I'm sure you deserve it :P
Hi, I was at ARBBL (first time round) but we were obviously floating around in different circles. I'll make sure and say hi at ARBBL team event, hopefully while we're crushing team 'Pee-Pee' :D

Now that my year of Big Stunty touring is done, I would like to say thank you to all my opponents, especially in the three that counted for SW Championship: Ogres at Welsh, Skinks at Cake and Goblins at Gert (Underworld at ARBBL dropped off and Flings at NAFC don't count). There was a good selection of races in the matches: Amazons x2, Norse x3, Wood Elf, Slann, Chaos Dwarf, Vampires, Dwarf x2, Skaven, Dark Elf, Elf, Undead, Orc, Khemri and in the final game Buggerit’s Goblins!

As apparently is the way I will take this opportunity to announce my retirement from Stunty play ... well until I have done the 24 :) I'll be back

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Cracol
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Cracol »

glowworm wrote:Worth noting that the top 2, in whichever order ( :wink: ) both got qualifying scores with the same 2 teams. Undead & Woodelves....
If you don't realise that I'm a power gamer by now then there's no helping you 8)

On a side note I'm looking forward to trying to defend this next year, starting at the Welsh Open then doing a few in the middle and hopefully actually making it to Exiles at the end :D

"No guy with pride ever relied on no guide sucka!" Mr T
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: South-West Tournament Championship '13 - Cracol and Loki

Post by Darkson »

Just a quick note that this will happen again in 2014, just sorting out a few details.

But they first round, the Welsh Open, is a month away, so not long now.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

A small request regarding the stunty part of this. I believe we got bonus points for every 10 stunty teams that finished below us right? ie probably none.

Could it be changed to any 10 teams below? that way I figure the spread of points could be more interesting (and my good finish at the ACC would have helped the cause :p)

Or if I've misunderstood it all and you do this anyway, please ignore this post even more than you might ignore it anyway :D

*edit* I've checked the results (as I'm petty like that lol) and reckon I would have won the Stunty thing by 1pt if the scores had been calculated how I'd originally thought they'd be calculated. Oh well, next time! :)

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Itchen Masack wrote:A small request regarding the stunty part of this. I believe we got bonus points for every 10 stunty teams that finished below us right? ie probably none.

Could it be changed to any 10 teams below? that way I figure the spread of points could be more interesting (and my good finish at the ACC would have helped the cause :p)

Or if I've misunderstood it all and you do this anyway, please ignore this post even more than you might ignore it anyway :D

*edit* I've checked the results (as I'm petty like that lol) and reckon I would have won the Stunty thing by 1pt if the scores had been calculated how I'd originally thought they'd be calculated. Oh well, next time! :)
But maybe not the full competitions requirement to play with more than one race? :wink:

On the subject of bonus points IIRC Glow picked up the only 'Stunty' bonus point at ARBBL.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Don't know where this is going, however the multiple race rule was " relaxed" in the stunty category as most stunty coaches prefer only one flavour of stunty (pug=Flings, Gazza=Ogres for example) that's not to say they wouldn't play a second or third stunty qualifying team, it's just to promote wider competition in that category IIRc

As to the additional points for higher finishes? Sounds ok however it does mean highest stunty at a large tournament would be worth more at a smaller one, would that unbalance the scoring system?

All the above is just my take/understanding of the situation, as my tournament doesn't score in the competition ( and as a 1 dayer it probably should remain that way) I have no say in the desicion process....

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Joking aside, I think Itchen is right, I think here should be a 'reward' for Stuntys finishing ahead of higher tier teams in the SWC.

One of things I noticed in one of the tournaments, ARBBL I think, there were quite a few one day only participants which could skew bonus points at the lower end of the table.

Given that I'm not taking any Stuntys this year I'm more of an interested observer at this point but I'm sure that the TO's involved will tell us more soon.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

We are always open to suggestions for a scoring method for 2014.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Its not a massive thing and I'm not moaning, just making a suggestion for next time really. But as things stand its entirely possible to get 30 pts with a stunty team without even winning a single match, whereas a stunty team that wins 3 tournaments outright will still only get 30pts.

Ok so that'll never happen but it highlights the point! :D

ps please click dont let this turn in to another Bonus Cheerleaders misunderstanding, I really mean no harm :P

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

And yes I agree with Loki that probably coaches only playing one day shouldn't be counted.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Itchen Masack wrote:Its not a massive thing and I'm not moaning, just making a suggestion for next time really. But as things stand its entirely possible to get 30 pts with a stunty team without even winning a single match, whereas a stunty team that wins 3 tournaments outright will still only get 30pts.

Ok so that'll never happen but it highlights the point! :D

ps please click dont let this turn in to another Bonus Cheerleaders misunderstanding, I really mean no harm :P
BURN THE HERETIC.......!! :lol:

mate, as long as its clear what the scoring requirements are before dice down at the welsh its all good IMHO..

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Any changes to format to be announced here?