Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

BB tournaments world tour idea

Post by Toffer »

Just had a thought. :-?

With the aid of this web page (cheers Pug)...

http://www.thenaf.net/tournaments/information/maps/

...and a good trawl of a few other forums (Ausbowl, NAF etc etc) I reckon there is scope for someone (with way more money than me) to organise a round the world trip passing through The USA, Europe, Aussie, NZ etc timed to coincide with as many NAF and Indy tournaments as possible. Get the big ones in (West Coast Quake, NAF Champs, World Cup etc) and a load of smaller ones. Take a few months maybe even longer.

So who's willing to work out the calendar and who's willing to pay for all the tickets and accommodation/food? I would have to start and finish in NZ and if you could make sure I fly business class that would be great. :lol:

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: BB tournaments world tour idea

Post by lunchmoney »

Perhaps one for Tournament Discussions, rather than Tourament Postings......

Nice idea. I wish I had the money to do it.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

well i assume the most money will be needed for the travel. Accomodation are often provided on the tourney places and i think it is more than doable to couchsurf your way around the planet with such an idea.
The main problem is the geekiness level to do such a trip. It is just impossible for any bloodbowler who
-has a wife
-has kids
-has a full time job
-does not earn enough money
-is not in a good physical shape

i know there was a post around here about someone willing to bowl around the world, but i don't think the project was finallized.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

If I was going to do a round the world trip, I would not spend my time in dark, sweaty rooms playing BB.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Warpstone
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Warpstone »

Joemanji wrote:If I was going to do a round the world trip, I would not spend my time in dark, sweaty rooms playing BB.
What if it was bright, in a nice hotel and by the Pacific Ocean in summer time? :D

Spike! 2013...

Spike! Magazine Major Tournament - September @ Vancouver, BC, Canada

Thunderbowl Sports Network - Head Coach of the Leaps of Faith.
Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

I have done a quick calculation using this website http://www.thenaf.net/tournaments/infor ... urnaments/

and a bit of MS Excel wizardry and I reckon with a flight to Aussie then onto the US and Canada followed by a flight to London (with buses, trains and planes around the various countries/continents in between each flight) You could attend 29 NAF tournaments in 8 different countries between July and February (obviously some tourneys will change their dates etc so this is not very accurate).

The flights would be about NZ$10000 for a return from/to Auckland and you would need to budget in money for accommodation, transportation, food etc (ooooo just had a reasonably sized earthquake while I was typing there). So I reckon $25000 all up provided you can be economical with accommodation (backpackers, friends and relations spare rooms etc) and transport (greyhound buses and cheap internal flights). That's about 12500 GBP. Maybe cheaper. Right. Off to buy a lottery ticket then. :)