Juniors Tournament in UK

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Glowworm

Re: Juniors Tournament in UK

Post by Glowworm »

On a serious note....(Sorry Mike)

Options:

A. You could you run a separate tournament within a tournament (like a stunty cup) for say, under 16's

B. Can Score run 2 tournaments at once? or 2 laptops, one with the main tourney and 1 for the juniors?

Id be happy to run with either of the above at Crumb-Bowl next year, which BTW is likely to be April

maybe option A would be a better choice, we (Crumb) already have a "Newcomers" award so the Junior Competition should be easy to sort.

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Good call, though I thought you were at capacity already? I'm happy not to play next time, as this may make the admin easier, and would be doubly happy if there were a junior at the same time. In terms of April (going off topic for a sec), I'm not available until after April 12th, and the weekend after that is Easter weekend.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

sann0638 wrote:
Pug wrote:I had a under 14s award a couple of years ago at the Rocket Bowl...we had 5 younglings playing in the full tournament. It gave them an interest to do their best..even if a few did get mauled during game....highest finishing won the "Space Pup" award.
Was rocketbowl in a pub? Did you have 5 under 14s then? What was the youngest? Any crossness from adults not having a "proper" game? That would be my worry.
Yes in pub...accompanied by adults...not allowed to purchase from bar.
From memory we had 12yo, 14yo. 13 yo and unknown (gonkmachines lad).

"In Dodge We Trust"
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

..oh and no mention of problem with the big boys playing the younger lads.

"In Dodge We Trust"