SunDevil's plan to attend the 2014 NAF Championship!

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Re: SunDevil's plan to attend the 2014 NAF Championship!

Post by SunDevil »

nazgob wrote:I'm not really sure I can support the Blues too far...Blackhawks forever!
I hope we get to play someday - I can bring you a Blues shirt. :P

Reason: ''
This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

I will feel dirty.

Sadly this year is halflings. Next year should see me bring out the hockey themed Amazons.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Re:

Post by SunDevil »

nazgob wrote:I will feel dirty.

Sadly this year is halflings. Next year should see me bring out the hockey themed Amazons.
Then I HAVE to bring you one. :) So you are going after the Stunty Cup?

I'm leaning towards Undead if I want to be cheesy or Orcs using my Apes team.:)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Got my newly renewed passport in the mail! One step closer!

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

- Skyped with my host, glowworm - CHECK!

- PayPaled my NAF entry - CHECK!

- checked in with NAF leadership to get approval to bring raffle goodies - CHECK!!!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Superb. I think Glow is probably travelling up on the Saturday morning (though could be wrong). I will be going up from the same area on the Friday evening, so if you wanted to be up there for the Friday evening too I can provide a lift.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote:Superb. I think Glow is probably travelling up on the Saturday morning (though could be wrong). I will be going up from the same area on the Friday evening, so if you wanted to be up there for the Friday evening too I can provide a lift.
It's being sorted, don't worry, I've outlined my cunning plan already.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Ticket has been bought! That's it - it's official, I'm heading to the 2014 NAFC!

Terrified of the flight but have to put that behind me!

Now I need gifts for glowworn and nazgob, get the custom dice I ordered to give out, bring raffle items, make sure my recorder has plenty of batteries, buy lots of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups...

The list goes on! But I will be ready!

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

SunDevil wrote:Ticket has been bought! That's it - it's official, I'm heading to the 2014 NAFC!

Terrified of the flight but have to put that behind me!

Now I need gifts for glowworn and nazgob, get the custom dice I ordered to give out, bring raffle items, make sure my recorder has plenty of batteries, buy lots of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups...

The list goes on! But I will be ready!
:D :D :D

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

When I pick up a few cases of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, I will go for the Big Cups. Seems more American - as in fat and terrible for us. :)

Got some tips on how best to acquire some British pounds without hitting the Exchange at the airport.

Have a great gift for nazgob, still searching for glowworm's...

Ordered custom dice to give to my opponents and got to use the amazing Union Jack design (that is so much cooler than our US flag).

Found out I can get a doctor's appointment, tell them I am nervous about flying, and they will give me drugs!

Seeing Stone Henge has been a lifelong dream of mine and I was THRILLED when glowworm suggested we could see it while I'm there!

Heard from some European friends that had come over to Chaos Cup, offering to hang out and provide some friendly faces since I will be pretty far from home. MUCH APPRECIATED! Everyone has been so welcoming and encouraging!

Realizing I am now sort of keeping a diary here, possibly only read by myself and glowworm, but it's okay - I am that excited to be making this trip!

mawph
Super Star
Super Star

Post by mawph »

SunDevil wrote:When I pick up a few cases of Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, I will go for the Big Cups. Seems more American - as in fat and terrible for us. :)

Got some tips on how best to acquire some British pounds without hitting the Exchange at the airport.

Have a great gift for nazgob, still searching for glowworm's...

Ordered custom dice to give to my opponents and got to use the amazing Union Jack design (that is so much cooler than our US flag).

Found out I can get a doctor's appointment, tell them I am nervous about flying, and they will give me drugs!

Seeing Stone Henge has been a lifelong dream of mine and I was THRILLED when glowworm suggested we could see it while I'm there!

Heard from some European friends that had come over to Chaos Cup, offering to hang out and provide some friendly faces since I will be pretty far from home. MUCH APPRECIATED! Everyone has been so welcoming and encouraging!

Realizing I am now sort of keeping a diary here, possibly only read by myself and glowworm, but it's okay - I am that excited to be making this trip!
Having just been in Atlanta for work, I got some very odd looks when I spent $25 or so on peanut butter cups and peanut butter M&Ms from a shop. Explaining that it was to take back to the UK seemed to help though ;)

Blackshirt Hunter Extraordinaire (2004)
Fish out of water (Waterbowl 2012)
Winner Thrud 2019!
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

SunDevil wrote:Realizing I am now sort of keeping a diary here, possibly only read by myself and glowworm, but it's okay - I am that excited to be making this trip!
when you are over can you post pictures from trip here please?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I'm reading!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

DixonCider wrote:
SunDevil wrote:Realizing I am now sort of keeping a diary here, possibly only read by myself and glowworm, but it's okay - I am that excited to be making this trip!
when you are over can you post pictures from trip here please?
Thanks sann and everyone who has posted!!

I'll do my best with the pics. They might not be here but more likely through twitter and on Facebook.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

I have had some Euro coaches write me about this so I thought I'd add it here - I am bringing some custom 3DB dice, made just for my trip to the NAFC and when you see them you will know what I mean, to give to my opponents! I also have other custom 3DB dice that I only give out at tourneys in trade for league/tourney dice from around the world! So if any other dice collectors are coming to the NAFC, come find me! I will trade for (or buy) league and tournament dice for my personal collection!

One more thing for the list... :P