What skill to take on Werewolves?

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

What skill to take on Werewolves?

Post by Dzerards »

What skills do people usually take on Necromantic wolves for Tourneys?

I love wolves in league play due to their potential, but am having a hard time thinking up a skill/role combination for tourney play. What do most people do?

Reason: ''
"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Don__Vito
Legend
Legend

Re: What skill to take on Werewolves?

Post by Don__Vito »

Block or Wrestle depending on what you want them to do if they can have a single.

Mighty Blow if they can take a double.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Here are my strong suggestions:

1 regular skill only; Block/Dodge Block makes the WW more reliable as a blitzer, while Dodge helps prevent "baiting"

1 doubles skill only; Mighty Blow or Juggernaut. MiB is only the holy grail IF you have Block to back it up.... Juggs will enable better blitzing and prevent a wealth of woes from wrestle and fend

1 regular and 1 doubles; Block Mib!

2 regular skills; Blodge

2 doubles; Mib Juggs!!!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

block is i think the most important skill for a frenzy player. wrestle make sense only on witch elves because of the synergy with jump up. But for wolves, you want block. mighty blow without block is not as usefull as you want it to be.

Dzerards
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dzerards »

I'm curious to know what 'baiting' is in this context.

In terms of the tourney I'm thinking about, I have used up my allocation of Block on the Golems, dropped one wolf for Wilhelm, so digging Diggers suggestion of Juggs: might be a great choice for clearing the side lines.

It was when I was thinking up a tourney build I just realised wolves don't seem to be great value in this context, hence why undead teams are so popular, and wondered if I was missing something.

"Luck is the residue of design" John Milton
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

undeads are popular because ST5-mightblow win games just by being there.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Dzerards wrote:I'm curious to know what 'baiting' is in this context.

In terms of the tourney I'm thinking about, I have used up my allocation of Block on the Golems, dropped one wolf for Wilhelm, so digging Diggers suggestion of Juggs: might be a great choice for clearing the side lines.

It was when I was thinking up a tourney build I just realised wolves don't seem to be great value in this context, hence why undead teams are so popular, and wondered if I was missing something.
Golems are the liability on necro teams as they are just glorified and expensive zombies. I'd suggest dropping a golem for Wilhelm as 3 wolves would be awesome. Then you can take block on one of the wolves.

The great strength of wolves is their versatility, MA8 is amazing and even more so on a ST3 player. They can be your catchers, blitzers and runners all rolled into 1.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Dzerards wrote:I'm curious to know what 'baiting' is in this context.
A savvy coach marks wolves in such a way that they either have to block/blitz backwards (and/or into 1/2d 2nd blocks) or dodge (failing 1/3 times, and/or using a reroll)....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"