Amsterdam public transport.

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Amsterdam public transport.

Post by longfang »

Hi,has any cloggie got some advice on trams buses and tickets. The venue and hostel looks like a bit of a hike from central station, De schutter and the bar/coffee shop hubs of Leidseplein and Rembrandtplein.
Should I get a 72 hour ticket (at central station?)
It looks like a bus ride to the hostel from central station?
Trams into town and night bus home.

What's the frequency of these and can any one provide the best route numbers?
Please. :wink:

Reason: ''
[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Amsterdam public transport.

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

From Central Station: Take tram 9, stop at '1e van Swindenstraat' from there it's about a 10 minute walk: left from the stop, through the Van Swindenstraat, underneath the tracks, then onwards ... to victory! :lol:

More prosaically, from when you cross underneath the tracks, you keep going on, through the Javastraat, when you cross the Sumatrastraat, you can go left (into the Sumatrastraat) to walk straight into the Timorplein and the Stay Okay, and/or right (also into the Sumatrastraat) and right into the Balistraat, there the venue is at no 48A (big community center, called De Meevaart)

The Schutter (i.e Spuiplein) can be reached with the same tram 9, stop 'Spui', and this line also hits Rembrantplein. Tram 7 and 3 hit Leidseplein and Vondelpark, respectively, and both have stops near Muiderpoortstation, which is 5 min walk from the venue: coming from the Sumatrastraat (i.e. from the Stay Okay), you keep walking until the end of the Balistraat, then to the left until you hit a big thoroughfare (Insulindeweg); the trams stop right there.

I'm not going to list all the tram-time-tables, but as a general example, the last tram 9 will pass Spui (stop from the schutter) around 00:30. After that's there's a nachtbus (nightbus) network, line 357 follows nearly the same path as tram 9, with the same stops (don't forget to press the 'stop' button on the right spot, or the bus will keep going!). It will go once ever 30 minutes, starting just after the last tram.

Walk will be about 45 minutes, adusted for alcohol/weed consumption! :P

I wouldn't get a 72 hour ticket, unless you keep passing back and forth.

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Thanks Dave. Didn't think that you can pay individual journeys. At 13 euros the 3 day pass didn't seem too bad as I estimate I will do at least 8 rides over the weekend.

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

longfang wrote:Thanks Dave. Didn't think that you can pay individual journeys. At 13 euros the 3 day pass didn't seem too bad as I estimate I will do at least 8 rides over the weekend.
You can pay ... oh no wait, with the f*cking new syatem you can't. Yeah than 13 euro's isn't a bad deal. But it won't cover the nightbus!