New UK tournament questionnaire

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Re: New UK tournament questionnaire

Post by HairyPete77 »

That one stood out to me too. Although, there was at least one comment along the lines of it's a no-brainer to get NAF sanctioning.

I've looked at the data in a little more detail looking at the NAF response against the time that people have been attending tournaments and how many tournaments they play each year.

The only thing that really stands out is that the people that said they WOULD attend a non-NAF sanctioned tournament play in fewer tournaments each year than those that said they wouldn't.

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If you do this again, I think some of the questions could do with a "not bothered either way"* answer, for example the food question or the evening entertainment. Likewise, some could have done with a "none" answer, like the swag one

Also, some of the questions could possibly have done with fleshing out a bit, or clarifying more - for example, the evening entertainment one - did you mean something like an auction or a quiz, or something less "formal" like a meal and centralised pub meet?

That's not to poop on your effort though, just found there were some questions that didn't have responses that covered my POV, and you couldn't skip those that there wasn't a "correct" answer for.

* Though I'm sure you can come up with a better wording than that!

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

*bump*? :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

There is a NAF newsletter brewing, if Pete wanted to put another questionnaire together it could be put in there.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

The results are interesting, and useful for my own plans, so thanks.
It seems like the biggest influencers on attendance are date, location and seeing friends. Unfortunately, these are the ones that the organiser has less control over. Other than avoiding popular holiday dates, the location is inevitably local (unless they are organising a large scale tournament) and attendance is wide open.
If you are repeating, I think the travel time could do with being expanded into larger chunks (1/2/4/8 hrs maybe?) and travel costs/ease of travel could be worth looking at.

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

I think I'm being cyber-bullied ;-)

Anyway, I am happy to rerun this with some of the suggested alterations. There a probably a few questions that could be added as well.

I don't think I'll be able to get it done for another few weeks though (like the Easter Bunny this is my bust period).

Pete

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Faaaaaar too busy making cool avatars :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler