Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

New UK tournament questionnaire

Post by HairyPete77 »

Hi,

I'm looking to setup a new tabletop Blood Bowl tournament and hoped that you'd be able to spare a few minutes to complete a little questionnaire that I put together.

I'm really looking to see what attracts you to tournaments, what rule set and tournament format you prefer and generally what you like in tournaments; it should only take 5 minutes. I'm not going to go crazy as a new tournament but would like to get it established on the calendar.

I'll share the results when they are in as I am sure it will probably be useful to others. There are no personal identifiers stored in the questionnaire, but if you leave any in the comments section they will be removed before sharing.

Link to questionnaire - http://amanandhistoys.wordpress.com/201 ... tionnaire/

Thanks in advance.

Pete

P.s. I'm looking to set up the tournament in Exeter, UK so if you are interested keep an eye out for future news :-)

Reason: ''
Glowworm

Re: New UK tournament questionnaire

Post by Glowworm »

Done!! :D

Nichren
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nichren »

Done. Love to see the results published somewhere.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Nichren wrote:Done. Love to see the results published somewhere.
+1

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Done.
Seems very similar to this viewtopic.php?f=34&t=39240

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Done.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

HairyPete77 wrote: P.s. I'm looking to set up the tournament in Exeter, UK so if you are interested keep an eye out for future news :-)
New tournies are good, but look out for all the others in the South coast area (most of the ones in the South West Tournament Championship) and make sure you dont clash on dates :D

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

That has been mentioned. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Thanks for the postings everyone. Keep 'em coming.

I will happily share the results when everyone that wants to has had a chance to submit.

Yeah, in terms of setting up the tournament the SWTC is key and part of NAF sanctioning requires that we don't clash with anything in the region anyway. Hopefully we can become as established and well attended as those tournaments in years to come.

As the UK NAF tournament organiser, Joemanji, has already given me some good pointers to getting the event set up :-)

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

As promised here are the results of the questionnaire.

http://amanandhistoys.wordpress.com/201 ... e-results/

I've drawn some conclusions of my own on the site but there is a PDF summarising the responses to each question so that you can make your own. If you want to delve further and run your own pivots etc then PM me and I can make the raw data available (minus anything personally identifying in the comments).

A big thanks to everyone that took the time to fill in the questionnaire. Thanks too for all of the comments, I'll be following up on them all shortly.

Pete

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Very nicely presented questionnaire, results and commentary :D

(the only bit I'm not sure about is "whatever" as a response as some may take it to be "don't care at all" rather than the middle ground between high & low that I think you went for)

As it is done on a larger sample size than close friends, I think this is an interesting view (and highlights that dice are very important to players - possibly more than I thought previously)

If the NAF could persuade you to loan them your skills then I'd love to see them put to use to better understand what the membership want from tournaments/leagues/membership/etc.

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

Thank you :-)

You're right, the next version needs to be sanitised a little bit. I did mean the middle and looking at the results, I think that this is how it was taken. But this is probably as much down to the way it was presented than anything else. I'll make a note to change it.

I've had a couple of comments about the geographic split of the results. Unfortunately this version didn't capture location, but again I will add it to the next version. Certainly time and distance travelled will vary by where people are based, but it would be interesting, for example, to see if NA-based players like a different team build to those in Europe and beyond.

I will run an updated version of this one each year to track trends and it would take very little persuasion for me to help with league/tournament/other surveys for the NAF...

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Noted :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Interesting stuff. Enjoyed taking part and seeing the results of the questionnaire.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Some interesting answers in there, particularly the almost 50/50 split between players who would and wouldn't attend a tournament if it wasn't NAF ranked. I never knew it was that high!