Tournament giveaways

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Tournament giveaways

Post by Milo »

I'm interested in people's thoughts on tournament giveaway items, things like dice, exclusive minis, etc. What are you sick of getting? What do you continue to use long after the tournament is over? What has the most value? What goes into a drawer or a circular bin as soon as you get home?

Here are some thoughts about possible items to consider: dice, dice cups, dice bags, dice towers, turn/reroll markers, BB pitches, exclusive minis, credit to a BB-related online store, scatter/pass templates, quick reference sheets, t-shirts, hats, towels, mugs, glasses, coins, bags, keychains?

Is there anything on that list that you would really like to see from a tournament you attend?

Reason: ''
Milo

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Tournament giveaways

Post by sann0638 »

T-shirts for me - can never have enough! Ones without swearing, for preference. Tricky to get the size right though.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Milo
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Milo »

Agreed -- may be best to require coaches to register their shirt size in advance, so you at least have an estimate.

Milo

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

I've given dice away, but won’t be any more. Everyone has dice, no one needs more.
I've given mini's away, and hope to continue that, but it's up to my mini maker whether they get done or not, so may or may not be continuing that.
Pitches are good, but surely everyone has a pitch, so they may just get shelved/sold on eBay.
Anything else like scatter templates, reference charts etc are not really needed, so it may good to have some for your tourney but keep them and use them again the following year rather than giving them away.

Of course the cost has to be kept down so you cant get too silly, but a cool shot glass wouldn’t go amiss ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
connexion
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by connexion »

In decreasing order of preference:
- exclusive minis
- dice (never enough!)
- coins

Shot glasses would be nice as well...

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Good thread! Kind of info I'm also interested in.

Something unique that will be used, rather than shelved. Maybe dice cups. Unique tokens and counters (that fill an existing gap) are popular I think.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

I give a figure every year but the most important thing to do is creative. Try to bring out an interesting figure that can be used on or off the pitch.

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re:

Post by Pedda »

connexion wrote:In decreasing order of preference:
- exclusive minis
- dice (never enough!)
- coins

Shot glasses would be nice as well...
Same here

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

lunchmoney wrote:I've given dice away, but won’t be any more. Everyone has dice, no one needs more.
You can never have enough dice...

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Can't/don't attend tourneys, but always keen to see what minis come about! Hit and miss, but for me the tournament minis are oft times better than what is out there and, if given enough early impetus, could help fund your weekender... i.e., early registration guarantees you get the mini and, if you can't possibly attend, a donation of x-bucks/pounds/euros gets you the tournament model....

Preferably something for the field, but (to memory) I've got 2x sandgroper mummies, Mojonbowl Rotter, B7 Frank and Ghoul, Deathbowl Markov, Dutchbowl Werewolf, Lucy n Norse, dirty player zombie, zlurp bowl zombie halfling, zelvis, cheesebowl set, dragon ref amongst others....

Even if I can't make the games, the minis can live on my fields.... :orc:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I'd love to attend a tournament that gave away dice cups.....( local tourney organisers please note!)

Do like dice, rather weirdly not a massive fan of minis, "Rare" or otherwise...

Dice tower / pitch, sounds expensive....

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Mugs seemed to go down well!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

sann0638 wrote:Mugs seemed to go down well!
Depends on the quality of the beer.... :orc:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

sann0638 wrote:T-shirts for me - can never have enough! Ones without swearing, for preference. Tricky to get the size right though.
This would be good to ensure prereg. If you pre-reg by a certain date, you get a shirt in the size you request. Make sure you get a couple extra just in case.

Minis are tops on my list (if I regularly went to tournaments)
Also painting service as a prize

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I like dice and miniatures. Dice cups hold no interest for me, as I don't use them, and if I did, I have one that I'd use. T-shits are ok, but a lot of time I can't be 100% in attending until maybe a week before, and if they mean I'd need to register waaay in advance then they're useless to me. Templates are unnecessary.
I think getting a pitch would be great, but I'd assume they'd be bloody expensive for the TO to get.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.