Norse Tourney Skills

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

innerdemon
Veteran
Veteran

Norse Tourney Skills

Post by innerdemon »

Our club is holding a tourney with a new to me format.

1.1 build, choose the standard 6 reg skills or 1 double and 4 regular, or two doubles, two regular

Here is the twist. On day 2 you get to add 2 regular or 1 double skill.

I have built a Norse squad

2 Ulf Werner
2 berserkers
2 runners
1 yeti
4 lineman
3 rerolls

My day one skills are berserkers piling on, Ulf's got break tackle and block
Runner sure hands, Yeti Mighty blow

On day 2 you are allowed to give a second skill to a player whom already has a skill from day one .

I am thinking of giving a couple of linemen frenzy or tackle, or dauntless or one lineman guard.

Any advice ?

Reason: ''
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Norse Tourney Skills

Post by babass »

before talking about the skills, i do think that 11 players is really not enough at TV110
the norse-coach i know (Simon_MLF) is used to play them with (at least) 13 players + apo.

ps: skill-stacking is allowed?

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I have to agree with the above post, 11 players most of whom are AV7 and no more than AV8 is probably not going to be enough.

You are paying a lot for a two Runners. I just ran a Norse team at a tournament and took no runners and don't feel I suffered for it. The extra MV, Dauntless and AG access are basically costing you another Lineman and how much value will you get from them? If you want to beef-up ball handling put Sure Hands on a Lineman.

As for skills, if you take a Runner I would suggested make the most of it and put dodge on him. Otherwise a mix of Guard and Mighty Blow are a good start. Personally I like Block on the Ulf's, I understand the thinking for Break Tackle on an Ulf but Frenzy with no block tends to 'eat' re-rolls. The major question for a lot of people is Block or Mighty Blow on the Yeti, looks like you have the choice to put both on the Yeti, Frenzy/Block/Claw/Mighty Blow is a potent combo.

I would hesitate to put PO on Norse Beserkers, I know that it combos well with Jump Up BUT there are a lot of teams who can afford to spare a Zombie/Goblin/Skeleton/Snotling/Halfling to foul a tasty 90K AV7 piece laying on the ground in their turn.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
nobby
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by nobby »

I went to the same tournament as Loki and didnt take runners whereas I normally do. I have to say that I really missed them but you do want at least 12 players. Just so you can foul and just trust you dont die as once you get the positionals in, norse are costly despite the 50k linemen.

Personally, when I take norse I normally take both runners with dodge and then just block where I can on the wolves and yeti, tried tooling up to kill, didnt work, wont do it again.

NAF: nobbynobbs
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

For this tournament I'd take:

Snow Troll - Mighty Blow
Ulf - Block
Ulf - Block
Berserker - Mighty Blow
Berserker - Mighty Blow (day 2)
Thrower - Leader
Lineman - Sure Hands
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman
Lineman
2x RR
1x Cheerleader
1x Assistant Coach

13 players, 3 RR's, second day 2 skill would be Mighty Blow on an Ulf or Tackle / Piling On on a Berserker.

Good luck 8)

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
innerdemon
Veteran
Veteran

Post by innerdemon »

I ended up taking break tackle on an Ulfwerner with block, and tackle on a unskilled runner.

The tourney had 16 coaches.

Day one I went 3-0, I faced off against goblins (win 2-0) dark elves (I won 1-0) dark elves (I won 2-0)

I was the only coach who was undefeated, so I started day 2 on Table 1

Day 2 started I went 1 Win 2 Losses.

I faced off against Undead (win 3-1) Chaos dwarves (Lose 3-0) Humans (Lost 5-0, and took 5 casualties)

Even after loosing in round 5 to the Chaos dwarves, I was still in first place by two points. It was a super close race, but then I got
dismantled by humans in the final round. All my luck in the first four rounds, evaporated in my last two games. With the final spanking in round 6, I slipped to finish 5. I was outside of the top 4 by 4 tourney points.

Overall I was very satisfied with how things went.