Norse for tournaments, Pros and Cons

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Norse for tournaments, Pros and Cons

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Without any guard getting 3 die blocks, especial against bash teams, is going to be difficult.

Also your chance of falling over on a 2 die block without block is 11.1% and still 3.7% with a 3 die block. those odds are too high for a piece that will cost almost a sixth of my build.

Reason: ''
Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
sturmjarl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sturmjarl »

Hey Matt!

You should check out the 3Die block episode with Brian Tew and his Norse tactics. I don't completely agree with his choices but he wins more often than not :wink:

Rolex is right about the killer MBPO roster with the Snow troll. It can be brutally effective with a committed aggressive coach.
I've not been confidently brave enough to take that particular roster. :oops:

I agree with Loki by letting the mass frenzy be your "sort-of" tackle. Most other team rosters I skip tackle and prefer Wrestle, but that's counter-productive for the Norse, so just hit them and then hit'em again, :lol:

Here's my roster

Snow Troll with MB
2x Ulf with Block & Guard
2x Berserker with MB
1x Runner with Sure Hands, dodge or tackle (meh)
5x Linemen
2x Reroll
1 FF

...or drop the runner and FF for a 6th Lineman and an apothecary :roll: (or 7th lineman 8) )
add Sure hands/Dirty player/tackle to a lineman or give your cherished Block to the Snow Troll :zzz:
If there's goofy weather table like at the ROT cup then take sure hands :lol: :lol:

I just started giving Guard to the Ulfs recently. It makes my opponent commit multiple players on my stronger and highest armored players, which means my other positionals take less hits. Easier to get those three die blocks with the snow troll too, although AG 2 means the ulfs really need to stick close to your hitters. Smart opponents will bog down the ulfs like a Saurus w/o break tackle :cry:

Looking forward to ROT CUP!!

"Don't blame the dice!? Blame the figure which cost you $15.00 on eBay and took you two weeks to convert and paint!!"
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Thanks for all the feedback

Final Roster, 13 players

2 x Ulfs both with Block
2 x Beserkers both with Mighty Blow and Piling On
1 x Runner with Sure Hands
8 x Linemen
1 RR
1 FF
1 Apo (pretty much just for the fist Badly Hurt to w an Ulf or Beserker, or a late KO)

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com