Mike Kriger Memorial cup news

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Mike Kriger Memorial cup news

Post by bound for glory »

saturday, october 31st(halloween) is the date for the mike kriger memorial cup. it will be held, as usual, at the nesquehoning, pa. rec hall, from 10am to when it ends(we have the hall until midnight).
as many here know, the event is dedicated to my cousin, mike, who was killeed in the fighting in afghanistan in 2009. mike was a founding member of our long running league, the thursday night heros. he was a great guy, and we miss him dearly.

we will be having as a gift, a new wild thing set of 2 figures. a new "big guy", douglas, and a new version of max, the little boy in the wolf costume. what i am planning on doing is having 6 big guy wild things, and 8 or more of the max figures, all in differnt poses. this was, if you continue to get a set each year, they sets will make a alteritive ogre team.
anyway, i hope some of you guys can make it.

*the new set of figures will be available to anyone who can't make the event. the cost of the set(one big guy and one little guy) will be $20usd.

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
Glowworm

Re: Mike Kriger Memorial cup news

Post by Glowworm »

Expect some "prize support" including a couple of these:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=41186&start=120

For myself and the Cakebowl league members.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

thank you always, friend. :D

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

glowworm wrote:Expect some "prize support" including a couple of these:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=41186&start=120

For myself and the Cakebowl league members.
simon, you be sure to let me know when your event comes up. i'll send some wild things as prizes. you help and friendship is always appreciated :D .

Rick Sanchez lives!
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

if any are interested, i have posted a "work in progress" pic of "douglas", this years wild thing event mini(there will also be a new "max" figure).
it is in the thread "wild thing #2", over in the general section.

rykar tells me the figures will be done in a week or so. as he is doing his casting "in house", the figures will be ready well in advance of the event date of october 31st.
the figures will be availible to those who can't make it to tourney. price will be $20usd plus shipping for the set(big guy douglas, little guy max#2 and tourney base). please note that i have the first set, carol and max#1(plus the event base) still availible. limited supply, so if you want to start what is a unique ogre team, let me know.
its a good cause. a portion of the proceeds go to the WOUNDED WARRIOR FUND. thanks! :D

Rick Sanchez lives!